“Could not be happier” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
florida
“Could not be happier”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

If you like Boston Common as a location, this is the best you can get. Very clean and comfortable. Boutique hotel, so not unlimited amenities, but we thought it was perfect. Clean, super comfy, great service.

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (424)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

All these great reviews make me wonder if I should even bother writing another one, but I had such a terrific experience, it’s a no-brainer for me. First off, the location is perfect; about as central as you can get to Boston’s many attractions. Nine Zero is no more than a five-minute walk from Boston Common, as well as from a couple of T lines.

When I walked in, I got the sense of a modern, stylish place without being over the top. Part of their formula is to hit the senses... there is cool music playing in the lobby, the design aesthetic is sleek, and there’s even a fragrance that wafts about at the entrance, Vegas-style. The front desk staff members were very friendly and efficient.

I reserved the least expensive room, and it was great. Plenty of room, a nice view, and all the things I want during my stay: a great rain shower, a comfortable bed, a number of outlets, a docking station for iTunes, free wireless for Kimpton members and an in-room safe. The only minor quibbles I have are that I got water all over the place after using the walk-in shower -- which I otherwise loved -- because there was a bit of a gap between the doors. Also, I’m not crazy about the furry bed throw that seems to be a Kimpton trademark. Any item of bedding that cannot be regularly laundered is something that I handle gingerly.

I’ve never had a bad time at a Kimpton hotel, but I don’t stay with them as often as I’d like, because their price point is usually one tier above what I usually pay. Not at Nine Zero, though... I got a steal of a deal that totaled, with tax, etc., less than $200. Such an amazing value.

If you're driving and can stand a bit of a walk, I recommend parking in the Boston Common garage. It's only $24-28 per night, as opposed to the $42 the hotel charges.

Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was very nice, clean, friendly staff. Parking was difficult because you have to go down a small alley way to get to the valet and when the sun its shining on Tremont street it its hard to see. The hotel has a wonderful wine reception in the lobby we did not attend but there were many people taking part. The breakfast was awful my boyfriend had toast you couldn't even break with your hands let alone with your mouth. It took twenty minutes to get a glass of oj and when you got that it was full of pulp. The room was excellent and had a great mini bar with lots of choices. We did forget some things in the closet and when we called later that day they were helpful in looking but didn't find our belongings. Otherwise we had a great stay.

• Stayed February 2013
Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights one August and can't wait to go back to Boston and the Nine Zero. Nice room, good amenities, great staff, excellent location! Close to the subway and walking distance to many other Boston attractions. Right by the beginning of the historic red line tour.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Lancashire, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Stayed for just one night on the way back from Skiiing in Maine before flying back from Logan. We arrived late afternoon just in time for wine hour where the three drinkers in our party of four were bowled over by the hot cider and the excellent red wine. The rooms were sublime and the continental breakfast really hit the spot. The location too was brilliant. Cannot wait until we go back next year.
The only issue was their insistence on taking a $100 deposit on my credit card which they bthen refund. This is an issue for us Brits because my creidt card charge me for changing the $100 to sterling and then when the $100 is credited they charge me again so I was hit with a small bill. By all means swipe the card just don't put anything on it unless I spend some money.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

If you forgot it, we have it! Announces a cheery card in the gorgeously appointed hotel bathroom. With a list of at least 20 gratis items the hotel is happy to supply if you need it and forgot to bring it -- everything from tampons to toothpaste! Now to me that is how a hotel experience should be!

This quirky boutique hotel is on Tremont Street almost lost behind the more palatial Omni Hotel. I stay here because it is a quick walk to the office and I'm only in Boston when I have business there. I can see the location being very convenient for tourists. The room is always very clean, well appointed and the staff is very pleasant. No real white glove service here -- i.e. nobody opens doors etc. but everyone greets you with a special smile. Also their loyalty program can't be beat with $10.00 free minibar, free wifi and comfortable beds.

It is in downtown Boston and around some great food options including the marliave, moo and petit robert. There is bargain shopping around the corner.

Room Tip: If you want a view of Boston make sure you ask for a room on the higher floors or you may have the v...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Albany, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

The feel of this modern hotel in the historic, Boston Common location is both cool and unique, yet the ambiance is warm and extremely friendly and professional. You feel more like a guest in a small Inn, as the excellent staff treat you like you're special--recognizing you and calling you by name, for example. The rooms were a good size for a city location, and very clean and comfortable. There is free wi-fi, which is appreciated and easy to access (no complicated codes or hassles). Between 5 and 6 pm, they have a nice wine reception in the lobby area, that included delicious hot toddies when we were there on a snowy late winter weekend. We were there on Oscar night, and Meghan at the front desk (very helpful and professional) told us that they were having a viewing party in one of the suites, so we had fun watching the red carpet with some other guests and enjoying complimentary snacks and champagne. It made the evening memorable. We enjoyed complimentary take out coffee downstairs in the mornings, but skipped the expensive breakfast and opted to dine in one of the nearby pubs or in Quincy Market, only an easy 6 minute walk toward the Harbor area. The location is so good that we parked our car in the garage and walked everywhere (with a valet to park it if you choose, at an additional fee--plan to pay for parking just about anywhere you stay downtown). The T train is only two blocks away, which can take you most anywhere that you can't walk to. They are pet friendly, but the guests with pets are relegated to certain floors, so aside from a well-behaved dog going through the lobby on a leash once in awhile, you wouldn't even know there were any pets on the premises. You can easily and safely walk to the Harbor, Quincy Market, the Freedom Trail, Old Granary Cemetery, Kings Church, and Little Italy. Overall, the Nine Zero feels like a luxury, boutique hotel, amid one of the oldest historic locations in Boston. As a frequent traveler who stays in a number of hotels, I have nothing but praise for the hotel and its staff, and would highly recommend it, whether you are traveling as a couple, or as a family, or for business. A shout out to Meghan and all of the great staff at the Nine Zero!

Room Tip: Even the room near the elevator was very quiet. Next time, we'll see if we can get a room overl...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Nine Zero Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!