“Stellar hotel, exceptional service” 5 of 5 stars

Parking Package
Ranked #9 of 77 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Boston, Massachusetts
“Stellar hotel, exceptional service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in March of 2012 and it's still one of my favorite spots in Boston. It's conveniently located to nearly everything you could want and there are tons of great places within walking distance.

The hotel was impeccably clean, the staff friendly, and the food wonderful. The staff had the extra touch needed to make my stay worth-while and I've been recommending all of my friends to the Nine Zero.

Upon check-in I realized I had lost my picture ID and the gentleman at the front desk patiently waited while I fished my Passport out of my car. They were great getting me settled and making sure I had everything I needed.

I'd suggest you try out the restaurant too - excellent!

The parking was unlimited in-and-out valet service for a reasonable price but ditch your car and walk around Boston, there's no other way to enjoy the city.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (423)
Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I have been an Inner Circle with Kimpton for quite a while, but Nine Zero in Boston reminded me again at a very personal level why that is so. I had never been there before but the rate was very competitive and I chose it over the nearby conference hotel. When I checked in, I was very warmly welcomed. When I went into my room, there was a picture in a frame of my very special dog - - who is almost 18 and in failing health - -with a very kind note. I had mentioned her to someone in the process of reservations. Even setting that aside, the room was exquisitely comfortable with a phenomenal view of the city and a generous work space. Staff were exceptional. The continental breakfast in the cafe was a surprise - fresher and much more interesting than the usual selection. I cannot comment on the neighborhood because I arrived late and had to leave early. I am on the road about 40 weeks a year. I have a very high degree of confidence in the Kimpton brand; Nine Zero reminded me why I also am very loyal to the brand. When I return to Boston, I won't think twice about where to stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Secaucus, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I am always a fan of Kimpton hotels and Nine Zero is no exception. The location is perfect which is nice in Boston because driving can be a bit difficult. We spent the entire trip walking and hit up the Cheers bar, landmarks, and historical sites. We never once felt the need to drive except for our trip to Harvard.

The hotel itself is very nice. The views are spectacular and it overlooks the entire city from the upper floors. Great staff - always going out of their way to provide advice and suggestions for the area. The staff even knew that it was my birthday and treated us to a bottle of wine upon our arrival.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

This is our third stay in a Kimpton. This hotel is beautiful and in a location that was close to all the things we planned to visit. Our reward profile items were confirmed and the credit for the mini bar is a nice touch. The best part was the email we got after making our reservations. It was an email directly from a manager asking if we needed anything for our stay. I asked for a pet free room with a beautiful view and that is exactly what we got. The room was gorgeous with windows all around. It was the perfect place for our stay in Boston.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

My wife and I stayed in a number of hotels during a recent three week holiday and this was the pick of them. An extremely attractive hotel in a great location near Boston Common. Exceptional service too. Highly recommended.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Yarmouth Port, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Nice people, property and location. No pool and breakfast was only OK, but I would go back in a second. The location is great. The T is right down the street and easy walk to downtown crossing, common and even on to newberry street if you like to walk.

Room Tip: Go for the view.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

From Check-In to Check-Out the service at the hotel was top notch. We arrived early and Patricia at the front desk was so cheerful and up beat. She noticed that we were in a room that had one bed and offered to put us in a room with two beds without us having to ask if there were any available. We talked about being in town for a girls weekend and she offered her thoughts on our restaurant and dance club choices (very positive). The room was spacious and well decorated and the shower / bathroom was clean, efficient and had everything we needed.

The free wine hour, although delayed by about 15 minutes offered a fun and festive atmosphere with the option of red and white wine and hot toddy's perfect for a chilly January night. We enjoyed meeting the other guests and talking with them during the hour.

When we checked out Patricia again was at the front desk and asked how our "girls weekend" went. She was probably the nicest staff member at hotel I have ever met.

The only negative I have about the stay was that early Sunday morning we could heat the tv from the room next to us. It didn't last long, but we it did make sleeping in a little difficult.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Nine Zero Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!