“A great buffet for a special day” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
“A great buffet for a special day”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

We've been going to Phillips Old Colony House in Dorchetser for occasion buffets for years. They recently did it over and changed the name to Freeport Tavern. It is done quite nicely. Two large rooms, one with a circular buffet, and a separate bar. They also have rooms for weddings, showers, etc. They've added some nice touches, outdoor seating and open fire pits, there is also small fountain outside that has always been there. Plenty of parking. I've only been on Sundays for brunches or other occasions but I believe they have a sit down menu as well for lunch and dinner. I would recommend brunch reservations. We had reservations for late in the day 2:#0 but we still had to wait approx 20 mins. Price is as expected approx $20+ per person. Food includes omelets made to order in front of you, fresh carved roast beef and turkey, all things breakfast and a few entrees for lunch, breaded sole, chicken marsala. The desserts left a little to be desired. Tiramisu and Boston Cream Pie with a couple of other types of pies and brownies. Mixed drinks and juices are separate I believe. There are several local buffets you can go to. Another is Granite Links in Quincy (I've been for dinner but not the buffet) I've heard good things about that buffet as well.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Omro
“WONDERFUL FOOD and SERVICE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

My best friend and I took a long weekend trip and decided to go to Boston. The food was fantastic, the drinks were terrific!!!

Visited April 2014
Rochester, New Hampshire
“First Time/Decent... week and a half/ Not So Decent”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

Week and a half ago we visited this restaurant because we stayed at the hotel close by before our flight out of the states. Food was pretty decent; Wife got a Chicken Ceaser Salad I got a hamburger. We also got the Scallops Wrapped in Bacon which were VERY GOOD!! Food was fine with the exception of my burger being a little pinker than I like (ordered medium came out medium rare). When we came back to the states, we ate here again because our car had been parked there for our trip. Ordered Scallops Wrapped in Bacon again. They came out dark brown and WAY over cooked and tasted burned. We told the waitress and all she said was " oh... I'm really sorry about that..." and walked off. Wife got the salad again and I tried the 3/4lbs of steak tips. Although the tips were VERY good, the portion seemed small.

Prices seemed high also... Clam Chowder (which was OK but over priced)... $8.00, Ceaser Salad... $12.00, Tips... $21 (over priced for what you get).

Might come back again, but only if we stay in same Hotel.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“Challeging for vegies but not impossible!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

Quite a challenging menu for vegies in this very popular bar and restaurant. Good choice of beers on the board but sadly first two choices unavailable. However, the food and drinks were impeccably served by a very courteous waitress who was immediately on hand when needed. The food itself was good but the portion size was what we expected, huge and it looks like my wife and I will be sharing whilst in th US. Overall a great night was had with good food, live music and very friendly staff.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
BURTONSVILLE
“Great Brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

Wow, just so much good food. It was the only good thing about my stay at this complex. Service was good, food was fresh. Many people working hard to make it so. Cook to order omelets and waffles!

Visited March 2014