“Best Hotel Yet.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #40 of 77 Hotels in Boston
Derry, United Kingdom
“Best Hotel Yet.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2006

Myself and my wife stayed in the Charlesmark for three days in February. Put simply - it has to be the best hotel experience we have ever had. The location is superb as are the rooms (compact, comfortable and cosy). The hotel is very clean and the staff are helpful and friendly - nothing was too much bother.
I would have no hesitation in reccommending this fantastic value for money hotel to anyone.

• Stayed February 2006

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2006

The charlesmark hotel was a very awesome choice!! we had six girls for a bachelorette party -- so we were pretty loud and crazy!! our rooms were secluded from the rest of the hotel (so we didn't bother anyone) and the best part was the service. Everyone that works there was soooo nice and helpful and very funny!! We all agreed that the style of the hotel was very beautiful and modern. I would definetly stay there again and again!!

Montreal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2005

My boyfriend and I recently had the pleasure of visiting Boston and staying at the Charlesmark. The hotel is absolutely wonderful (and so fairly priced too)! Our room was very nicely furnished and very modern and the bathroom was very clean with a nice healthy supply of white fluffy towels. The satellite TV was an added bonus.
The location is great - very close to the subway station (which can take you practically anywhere in the city and beyond); walking distance to the coolest shops and restaurants and other places like the pharmacy and if need be, the grocery store. My boyfriend and I love to walk so we found it quite convenient to be able to shop downtown and then walk back to the hotel (mind you, it's a bit of a walk but nothing too damaging).
The staff was very friendly and helpful. Calvin, in particular, was so fantastic and nice to us that I almost wanted to take him home with me in my luggage. He was so helpful, funny and charming that he made staying at the Charlesmark even better. Thank you, Calvin.
With all the great things about this hotel (price, rooms, location, staff) I will definitely stay here again should I have the chance to come back to Boston.

• Stayed December 2005
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2005

What a gem!

I read the reviews and was not dissapointed. Booked a delux room for Dec 2005 and got a very comftable bed and a setee area. Power shower and a suberb surround sound system. Big TV ,CD and DVD.

Excellent breakfast of bagels - tea - jiuces - etc , all day long free coffee and internet connection 24/7.

Cheerful , helpful staff and a superb location next to the T. Great rooms at a great price booked on Expedia.

Stayu here and you will love it.

I can not wait to go back!

Perry and Kathy - London - England

• Stayed December 2005
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2005

I spent last weekend at the Charlesmark Hotel and I am thoroughly impressed. With such low rates (under $150) I was a bit suspicious. But my stay was great from the moment I checked in. Calvin at the reception desk went above and beyond, presenting me with a beautiful (and free) map of Boston and informing me where my office was located (I stayed for business). He provided me excellent walking directions, even letting me know where the best restaurants and coffee shops were in that area. That's service.

The decor of the hotel and bar is modern, very nice. Everything in the hotel seems brand new. I spent a lot of time at the bar trying their many martini variations. The bartender was friendly, and she put the football game on for me. Best of all she was a bit heavy-handed, which is very necessary in the cold weather.

I highly recommend this place to anyone and everyone.

Stayed December 2005
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2005

I was greeted warmly by the Hotel Owner and Staff. Inside the room, they have an excellent stereo system and DVDs to choose from. The room was small, but very hip with a great view of the city. I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed October 2005, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2005

I just spent four nights at the Charlesmark Hotel and could not have been happier with our stay. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The rooms were very stylish. My wife and I were very pleased with the entertainment system and the wonderful classical music that was playing when we entered our room. The bar/lounge that has recently opened has an relaxed and comfortable atmosphere and a great martini menu. We are planning on coming back to Boston next year and will definately be staying at the Charlesmark.

• Stayed November 2005

Been to Charlesmark Hotel? Share your experiences!