“Eclectic mix that somehow works!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Salty Pig

The Salty Pig
130 Dartmouth St., Boston, MA (South End)
617-536-6200
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: South End
Description: Located in Back Bay/ South End
Ottawa, Canada
“Eclectic mix that somehow works!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This restaurant was recommended by one of our hotel staff, as it was a block away from the hotel. We had a belief that the recommendation was on the level, because he was an internal IT member helping with our conference, rather than a front-facing Concierge. And he was definitely on the mark for our meal!
The service was outstanding. The server was very knowledgeable and made good recommendations for those who were unsure, based upon their tastes.
The appetizers were very tasty - you get a choice of some type of meat (pork, of course), a cheese and a dip that goes either with the cheese or pork. We let the server make the choice for us and we were pleasantly surprised. The entree was good, but nothing spectacular (for myself, anyway). Would I return? Sure, maybe once more!

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Corralitos, California
“Meh”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I was prepared to LOVE this - but it seems the emphasis here is on "unusual" instead of "delectable." And trying to be cool - aka, very loud. If you want to eat pork parts we don't usually see in US, and don't want to be able to hear people at your table, go for it. As is, 3*s is generous, maybe 2.5...

I was hoping for some fabulous tastes of crispy seared pork, or an amazing pate, or... but no. The burrata salad did not "come together" as a salad, mostly a chunk of decent burrata with some random stuff around the bowl. The bacon-wrapped pate was kinda ho hum, and raw bacon just not such a good texture for me.

Tried the pizza w/ bacon, slightly undercooked, slightly greasy, but otherwise the best part of the meal.

Sigh.

Visited June 2013
Panama City, Panama
“Good and quick”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

The service was good, and the dinner, although quite simple, was quite good. I would recommend the prosciutto more than their pates. The cheeses seemed very fresh.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Boston, Massachusetts
“I Always Love it Here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I have been trying to get my brother and sister-in-law down here to try the Salty Pig, so I was very excited when my cousin suggested we go out to eat here when we all got together! The place was very busy, but our service was great as always. The servers are very knowledgeable about their beers and are usually able to suggest good combinations with the food.

We asked a million questions of our server and she was very helpful, cheery, and friendly (I've had her as a server before and she seems to be always in a good mood). She made some good suggestions. and we ended up with a great combination of meats, cheeses, and jellies.

The atmosphere here is so upbeat and always puts me in a good mood. That, coupled with the great food, makes this easily my favorite restaurant in Boston, so far.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
California Hot Springs, California
“Great Atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

We had a nice evening, so we sat outside. Cool place to just people watch. The food was excellent, but they didn't deliver the drink as ordered. It was an interesting way to have a dinner on small boards. Bottom line, I would go back. They need to add some Wisconsin cheese! A bit in the pricy side.

• Visited June 2013