“Great value for Tuft's Hospital, hope for Kerri-Anne at the desk” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn - Boston

You added Comfort Inn - Boston to your Saves list
Comfort Inn - Boston
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   900 Morrissey Boulevard, Boston, MA 02122 (Dorchester / Roxbury / Mattapan)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #69 of 77 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Burlington, Vermont
“Great value for Tuft's Hospital, hope for Kerri-Anne at the desk”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

The best experience that I can share is about a staff member. I have stayed here about 8 weeks this past summer and fall, as a family member was a patient at Tuft's Hospital. I have met all of the front desk staffing over this peroid of time. If you want the top shelf attention and service, whether it be requesting a fridge or any assistance to customize your stay, hope to find KERRI-ANNE at your service. She has always greeted me with a smile, and is the only one who truly cares about your experience. This specific hotel offers special rates to families with patients in Tuft's. Good value.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Camden, Maine, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

We came off a flight into Logan that was an hour late. It was 2AM when we called the Comfort Inn where we had a reservation. In about 10 minutes the van picked us up and a very helpful man put our luggage on board. Within minutes we had arrived, checked in and were in our room. The bed felt like a cloud should feel. The linens were luxuriously comfortable and warm. The room was quiet and we were asleep in seconds. In the morning we enjoyed a full breakfast in the clean, well organized dining room. Our check-out took seconds and we were on our way again. I hope I am in Boston again and can stay at the Comfort Inn. The online discounted rate makes it a terrific bargain as well.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room away from the highway.
Green Features: I noticed that the breakfast room was set up to make recycling easy.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

Getting there: As we are avid users of local transport as this mode of travels adds to our appreciation of local culture. From South Station, Boston, take the redline local train and get off at Field's Corner. From there take the Bus 201 to the fork between Napoton and O'Donnel Roads. Ask the driver where the stop is as it is difficult to see when you come upon it. From South Station, the red line train and bus commute takes approx 20 - 30 min. Get off at the corner , cross the road and walk down to the Comfort Inn. The Comfort Inn is located in the district of Dorchester, Boston. Its about a 3min walk. There's a supermarket directly opposite Comfort Inn.

We booked a single room at $129.00 per night. As we had stayed in comfort inns before we were not expecting much and thought the price was steep. However, this particular inn surpassed all our expectations. The spacious room had two double beds , very firm with great linen and exquisite feather soft as well as firm pillows. The marble bathroom was clean, with a strong hot shower and fluffy towels. The TV with multiple cables and high speed wifi was a godsend. There was also a generous supply of tea and coffee in the room.

The breakfast was again a surprise as it was a comprehensive hot and cold breakfast with fresh fruit, yoghurt, cereals, scrambled eggs, bacon and sausage. Guests were also allowed to take fruit, muffins and yoghurt with them. All in all I thought the $120.00 was a fair price.

The attractions from Comfort Inn are within walking distance if you like walking. The walk to the University of Massachusetts and the JFK Library/Museum took 40 min along the Harbour Point, Its a very scenic walk which can be accessed by crossing over the pedestrian bridge from Comfort Inn over to Morrissey Road. Proceed along Morrissey Road until you reach Harbour Point, then walk along the waterfront to get to the University and Museum.

Another aspect I was pleasantly surprised about was that the Inn was very clean without the lingering smell of pets. This was a huge plus.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Durham, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

I had a discounted price on this room and it met all my expectations. The room was clean, the bed was very comfortable, and the heating worked well. There is some minimal noise from the train and hallways but overall quiet. The main problem I had was a broken toilet which was not fixed while I was here. The shuttle service is excellent and dependable. The breakfast is great and open from 6-10. Most importantly I found everyone working at this hotel to be incredibly friendly.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Wilder, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

I booked my trip to Boston in order to go and watch the World Series parade with my children. I was trying to find a hotel with a reasonable price that was also pet friendly so I didn't have to find a dog sitter for the weekend. From making my reservations over the phone to check out I was really impressed with this hotel. The rooms were clean, the beds comfortable, the free breakfast had everything from make your own waffles to eggs and sausage and cereal. The staff, front desk, shuttle drivers, housekeeping and the lady who ran the breakfast room were all constantly smiling, engaging with guests and took the time to give my dog, Remy, lots of love. I was not bothered by the train or the sound of the traffic. The front desk staff was very helpful regarding ways to get around the city, trains to take and found me directions for the closest Catholic church. I felt that the staff went above and beyond to make the stay of their guests and enjoyable one. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
La Jolla CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

I stayed here for a conference, booked on Hotwire. It a great deal at the last minute, everything else was booked. The accommodations are decent but there is room for improvement

Pros:
1) Rooms are clean and comfortable. Beds are nice, slept great.
2) Breakfast is included
3) A shuttle takes you to the convention center in the morning, and picks you up from the JFK/UMass station at night.
4) Breakfast includes decent variety

Cons:
1) The internet is super-slow and barely useable. HUGE minus for a business trip. I called the front desk for help, they offered no solution
2) The shuttle drivers are incredibly rude and unreliable. One time the driver flew past us without stopping, we had to wait over 40 minutes to get picked up. Without a car there is no other way to get to the hotel. The drivers know this and have an attitude to match! Also the shuttle was supposed to be by signup list, but they decided not to honor it. Every morning the shuttle shows up and the driver comes in yelling "I have 2 seats!" The shuttle also serves the Ramada, which appears to be a higher priority. Furthermore, the shuttle runs only once an hour. You would expect them to hire more drivers when things get busy.
3) Breakfast is not great, scrambled eggs taste like styrofoam.
4) There is a fitness room but it is sparse, one functioning machine and 5-15 lb weights, that's it.
5) No bar or restaurant at the hotel, there is stuff nearby but not in the building.

If this is the only thing you can find or afford, in a pinch it works fine for a conference, but nothing stellar.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
South Pasadena, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Boston is expensive. Even the Inns, like Comfort. Paid well over 200 for one night. Although it was pricey, you don't get what you pay for! Got stuck in a double bed room for two people. Although we weren't satisfied, we still fell asleep. Morning "hot" breakfast, is not hot at all. Cold food, so stick with dry breakfast items. Check out was a breeze and friendly staff.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Inn - Boston? Share your experiences!