“Excellent Customer Service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Roundhouse Suites

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Roundhouse Suites to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Roundhouse Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   891 Massachusetts Avenue, Boston, MA 02118 (Dorchester / Roxbury / Mattapan)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #65 of 77 Hotels in Boston
Brookfield, Connecticut
“Excellent Customer Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here the weekend of my birthday and had a great time. The room was large and spacious, with the bedroom seperate from the living space. Take advantage of the shuttle van service, it saved us so much time and aggravation from having to drive around the city, it usually arrived within 20 minutes after we called and the one time it didn't the hotel paid for us to take a taxi back.

Room Tip: Choose a rooom on a higher floor, there is less street noise.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Sandip B, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Roundhouse Suites, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Dear Ms. Jessica S,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us your feedback as well as the compliments to our shuttle staff. I also wanted to thank you sincerely for celebrating your birthday with us. I'm glad to hear you had a great special weekend and you did not have to worry about driving. We receive several compliments on clineliness of our comfortable rooms and friendly service. I will be sure to share your review with our rest of the staff. Please come back and stay with us again soon.

Boston, MA 02118

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Hannover, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I was sleeping in this hotel for 4 nights. The hotel and the room were clean. The room was big and well equiped with fridge, coffeemashine, 42´´ flatscreen tv, 2 telephones, microwave etc. . The bathroom was big and clean. The complimentary shuttle service was great. The breakfast quality was poor but there was coffee for free all day. I want to especially thank the hotel staff at this point. They were very kind and always had a helpful answers to my questions and requests. The business center was ok. It worked for me as I needed to print some docs.
The neighbothood was industrial like and not very safe. There were a lot of drunk and homeless people on the streets around the hotel. In the résume´ I can say it was a nice cheap place to stay as I was just looking for a clean place to sleep as I was doing business all day anyway. Thanks to the staff again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Burghard A,

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to fill out the review. I especially appreciate you taking the time to list majority of our in room amenities. We take a pride in our product and the service and I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Most of our staff have been with us for a long time and they really enjoy sharing their knowledge and providing great service overall.

Only about two weeks ago, we expended our breakfast items and have several choices available now. We have several repeat guests and I'm truly hoping you would give us another chance when the future trips bring you to Boston again! Thank you once again, for your positive feedback.

STG
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Excellent help from Orlando at the front desk. Very clean with spacious rooms. Nice little gym & loved the pizza vending machine. Walking distance to Marshalls, Home Depot, Stop n Shop, Party Store, Target, DSW and lots more. Free shuttle to these places plus the train station.

Note that limo transportation from the airport is not free.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Ryvalry,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out the positive review. Your compliments were greatly appreciated, especially one for Orlando Chambers, our Front Desk Supervisor who truly goes above and beyond to provide a great customer service.

Please come back again soon to stay with us. I will be sure to share your review with the rest of the staff. They will be thrilled to hear it but it will also motivate them to provide even better service. Looking forward to welcome you back.

Santa Cruz, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Arriving in Boston MA after 7 hour flight from San Jose CA, Guest Service Agent Orlando Chambers was friendly, genuinely welcoming and found me a quiet, nonsmoking room on the 6th floor above the sound of city traffic. The free enhanced breakfast was something one could only appreciate, which I did each morning of my four day stay. Found the room as part of a great deal Last minute deal, in fact, through Southwest Airlines. Clean and comfortable room. I'd come again and bring family...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Mr. Robert S,

Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out a great review. I appreciate all your compliments, including our Front Desk Supervisor, Orlando Chambers who takes pride in providing a great customer service. Our goal is to ensure every guest leaves 100% satisfied so they return, and recommend us to others. We're truly happy to hear you had a great stay with us. Once again, your feedback was greatly appreciated. We will share it with our staff. It will certainly motivate our staff to provide even better service. Looking forward to welcome you back.

Thank you!

New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Every morning you're sure to wake up to the sounds of garbage trucks that pick up dumpsters and drop off trash down the street 1000 feet. The parking is horrible and the neighborhood isn't safe at all. No wifi in the rooms, dingy and just a cheap place all around.

Spend more and be safe and happy.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Germaine W,

Thank you so much for filling out the survey and providing your feedback to us. Our goal is ensure every guest has 100% satisfactory stay with us. We are truly sorry to hear you did not have a pleasant stay with us.

It is a great perk to have a hotel in the city. Our hotel is located near by majority of the historic sightseeing places, near by universities, some of the best restaurants and some of the best hospitals. Some of the outside noise is beyond our control but that is expected in any city hotels. Due to our location, clean luxury suites, friendly service and the low rates, we do a great amount of business. Everyday, we receive several great surveys and reviews from our guests. Majority of our guests are repeat guests and I'm truly hoping you would give us another chance!

Please do not hesitate to contact me if I could assist you in any ways, including pre blocking your room and personally following up on your reservation. Thank you again, for taking the time.

Bayfield, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

My brother and I stayed here for a weekend while in town for a Pats game. We got a great deal online on the hotels website. It was an 11 hour drive so when we arrived it was great to find a very nice, clean, and comfortable room waiting for us. The staff wasn't overly friendly, they weren't rude but were not welcoming and cheerful like what we are used to finding. There isn't a whole lot to do in the immediate vicinity but it was only about a 15 or 20 minute walk to the downtown area and the train station. Boston is a beautiful city so I would recommend going for a walk around while in town. We got a breakfast delivered to our room the first morning as part of the package we bought, the food was pretty good, the fruit was the only thing that was disappointing. For some reason our order form didn't show up for the next days breakfast so went to the continental breakfast downstairs which was also pretty good. Overall it was a good stay and if I was back in the area I wouldn't be opposed to staying here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Sandip B, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Roundhouse Suites, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear Mr. Matthew A,

Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out the survey and providing us your feedback. I appreciate for a great review, however I'm concerened of your brother and yourself not getting warm welcome with friendly service that our staff is known for. Please accept my most sincere apology for it. In our service standards at the Best Western plus Roundhouse Suites, non friendly environment is unacceptable. Our goal is to provide absolutely 100% satisfactory stays for our guests and I'm truly sorry to say in your case, we may have failed to do so.

Thank you once again for making us aware. We will use your review as learning experience and make necessary changes to improve the service. It is only my hope, you would give us another opportunity when the future trips bring you back to Boston! Pats won't be playing for a while, but you should consider coming back to watch Red Sox this summer. I would also appreciate you contact me, once you make the reservation so I could personally follow up on your room. THank you for your compliments.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This hotel used to be an old Gas storage tank, now fully refurbished. Not in the main centre of Boston, but with Free parking and a shuttle bus to take you into the city, about 10 minute journey that is no problem, large rooms clean and comfortable, free cold breakfast, plenty to start the day.
Cheaper opotion to those hotels in the centre of the city but not at the price of comfort and quality.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear MS. Jo-Anne G

Thank you for choosing the Best Western plus Roundhouse Suites for your visit back in October 2012. We also appreciate you taking the time to fill out the survey and providing us a great review. Our goal is to make every one of our guest's stay 100% to their satisfaction. We're about a mile away from the Copley Square and the Prudential tower so you're correct. We're not in the heart of downtown, but we take pride in the product and service we provide and I'm truly hoping you would return and stay with us when the future trips bring you to Boston. Thank you once again.

Boston, MA 02118

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Roundhouse Suites? Share your experiences!