“Excellent staff, but hotel has a problem with cigarette smoke.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Roundhouse Suites

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Roundhouse Suites to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Roundhouse Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   891 Massachusetts Avenue, Boston, MA 02118 (Dorchester / Roxbury / Mattapan)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #63 of 77 hotels in Boston
Long Island, NY
“Excellent staff, but hotel has a problem with cigarette smoke.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

The staff were very nice and helpful. The hotel itself is physically not bad though it's in a quasi industrial area. There is no easy entrance from the parking area, though parking is free. The big problem we had with our stay was late in the evening there was an overpowering smell of cigarette smoke in our hallway and room even though all the rooms in our wing were NON SMOKING. The smell seemed to be seeping through the walls or ventillation system. Luckily if we closed the door between the bedroom and the sitting area in our suite we kept the smell out of the bedroom.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Sandip B, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Roundhouse Suites, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear Mr. Healy,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at the Best Western Plus Roundhouse Suites.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. We're 100% non smoking hotel and we do not allow anyone to smoke inside the hallway or rooms. However, sometimes we do find our guests smoking in the room without our knowledge. When we do find the room with the smoking odor, we charge additional fee to get the room completely cleaned and we wash all the linen and shampoo the carpet etc. During the night of your stay, we had discovered someone was smoking on the top floor but due to all rooms being occupied, it was hard to tell where the smoke was coming from! Next day of course our staff made us aware and the complete follow up was done with that guest.

It is certainly not normal for our guests to smoke, but it was beyond our control to find someone right then and could happen at any other hotels too.! I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly. Thank you again for bringing it to our attention.

581 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Bridgewater, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

we stay at this hotel at least 8 times a year, the staff is great seems like Orlando.C in the front desk is there 24/7, he always takes the best care of us always with a smile! we come to Boston for business and this hotel accommodates us perfectly every time and will take care of any special need or request! big specious rooms with a small living room, very comfortable. another great! thing they have is a FREE shuttle around the area. they take us to work, bring us back, take you to whatever area you need to go for dinner..shopping...traveling...all done with a smile from Enrique.R the driver! he will give you direction and help you in any way he can. don't forget to leave a tip :)
oh, and of course there's a FREE breakfast with great fresh selection and fresh made waffels!
over all great staff, great hotel, good location, great amenities
Emma.from N.J

Room Tip: sign for best western rewards card to get a bigger room and free bottles of water
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Sandip B, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Roundhouse Suites, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear Emma_H864,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

We're delighted to hear you had a great stay with us. Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me personally.Thank you again for taking the time to complete the survey.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Spacious rooms that have been updated, and hallways that would fit in a 4 star hotel. The room was reasonably priced, and I've stayed here multiple times. Nonetheless, the location is far from ideal as traffic and trucks are whizzing by at all hours of the night, and the neighborhood is questionable at best.
Overall, it is a good deal, and in close proximity to both the city, and the shipyard at which I was working.
My only issue was the breakfast staff didn't know how to properly use the waffle maker, and I do as I stay in hotels 150+ nights per year. She told me that I was doing it wrong in a nasty tone at 6am, even stating out loud that I couldn't possibly know better than her! Such a small detail but beware! And the coffee was horrible, but rarely does a hotel have good coffee.
I'm sure I will stay here again, and so should you.

• Stayed January 2013
Sandip B, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Roundhouse Suites, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Dear bikridr,

Thank you for being such a loyal guest of the Best Western Plus Roundhouse Suites. I also wanted to sincerely Thank you, for taking the time to provide your feedback to us but also mentioning great things about the hotel. We continue spending a lot of time and money to improve our products and the service. However, I am truly sorry to hear about your experience with the breakfast staff and the coffee. That is certainly not the kind of service we provide or tolerate, at the Best Western Plus Roundhouse suites. I can totally understand your frustration with the situation, especially when you complimented in other area. This small detail to you, is actually a very big deal to us and we will follow up on it promptly to improve our services.

Once again, I sincerely appreciate you bringing it to our attention. I would really like you to call me personally once you make the reservation so i could follow up on your reservation. I would also like to have a pleasure to meet you the next time you're back with us again. Looking forward to welcome you back.

Best Western Plus Roundhouse Suites
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

We stayed on the 6th floor in a room suite. Had a sink, microwave, fridge 2 beds. Hotel room was clean and spacious. The beds were very comfortable. Parking is free and in a well lit area. Not sure about the complaints about the area being not safe. There is definitely a lot of road noise, ambulances mainly as there is a hospital nearby. Internet was fast and free. There is also a business area where we were able to print our tickets. Breakfast was included, which wasn't the best but cant complain. Would really recommend using the waffle maker and making some fresh and warm waffles! And lastly Downtown, MIT and Fenway Park less than 10mins away.

The only complaint we had was the heater at night was incredibly loud and would turn on every 10mins . One night we slept in the cold just so we didn't have to hear that noise.

Room Tip: Roads facing the road are really noisy. The 6th floor had a heater that was incredibly loud, ask th...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Sandip B, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Roundhouse Suites, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear 5ilver5urfer,

Thank you for choosing the Best Western Plus Roundhouse Suites. I also wanted to sincerely thank you for taking the time to provide us your feedback. I am truly sorry to hear you did not have a great stay with us because of the street noise and the heater on the 6th floor. Your feedback will certainly help us to improve the service and we will look into both issues.

When you return to Boston, please call me personally so I could follow up on your reservation and preblock your room away from the traffic. We greatly appreciate your positive notes about the hotel and the surrounding area. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any concerns or other feedback. I am truly hoping you would give us another opportunity. Thank you once again,

Best Western plus Roundhouse Suites
Saint John, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

This hotel is just about 10-12 dollars taxi ride from south station and offer a shuttle for the way back.
The rooms are very nice and big they have a couch and sitting area. the beds are big and comfy . The breakfast is hot and very nice selection.The staff are friendly and welcoming and will give you directions on where you need to go.
The checking in process is excellent. very fast and to the point.
the shuttle driver is helpful and very friendly and goes out of his way to help.

Room Tip: A very nice found so close to downtown Boston
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Sandip B, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Roundhouse Suites, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear plcSaintJohn_Canada,

We truly apologize with delay of response, but sincerely wanted to thank you for taking the time to provide us an excellent review. We really appreciate all the compliments to the hotel and the staff. We constantly strive to improve our services and the quality of the rooms and other hotel amenities. I hope when you return in the future we can even provide you better services.
Thank you once again!

Best Western plus Roundhouse Suites
New York City, New York, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

We had a superb stay; service, clenliness, staff were all top notch Neighborhood is a little rough -- this ain't Harvard Squareven that, Given that, it is conveniently located to I91 and I93 and UMASS Hospital.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Palm Desert, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for four nights. We have no complaints. I know it's not right on the water or right downtown, but it wasn't priced like it was either. McDonald's across the street, free shuttle, free internet and free breakfast. What's not to like? The room was quiet, clean and comfortable.
Bottom line.... We'd go back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Roundhouse Suites? Share your experiences!