Boston hosts many fine hotels, and travelers have a wide array of choices when visiting this historic city. The Ritz-Carlton, however, is a special place. It isn't just the beautiful rooms, the elegant bar, or the glitzy décor that make The Ritz "The Ritz." It's the staff.
The people who work at The Ritz are happy. They are always smiling and always asking if there is something they can help you with. From chamber maid to concierge, from valet to waitress, they all seem to share a joy of being one's host.
Enough has been said of this fine hotel's dreamy beds and spacious bathrooms. My best memory of The Ritz will be its staff. Well done, I say, to you all.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton Boston Common Hotel
- Ritz-Carlton Boston Common Hotel Boston
- Ritz Carlton Boston
- Ritz Carlton Boston Common
- Ritz Boston
- Ritz-Carlton Boston
- Boston Ritz
- Boston Ritz-Carlton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ritz-Carlton, Boston Common, which opened in 2001, is located in the heart of Boston's vibrant midtown, just steps from the theatre and financial districts. This modern, 193-room hotel features 43 suites and The Ritz-Carlton Club® rooms. The Ritz-Carlton, Boston Common at 10 Avery Street, across Tremont Street from the city's historic and scenic gardens, is a showplace of sophisticated style and design. The exterior features two dramatic crystalline towers. Located at center stage in the newly expanded Theatre District and just steps from the Freedom Trail, the hotel is also convenient to the historic Opera House that reopened in July 2004. The hotel and its dining venues all draw on the artistic energy of their surroundings for special arts-related packages and menu inspirations. Inside, a $1 million art collection of contemporary sculpture, paintings and prints by noted New England artists set the stage for a sanctuary of refined yet relaxed luxury. The most up-to-date technology includes in-room high-speed wireless Internet access and HD plasma screen televisions, meeting space with plasma display screens, and complimentary wireless Internet connectivity in The Ritz-Carlton Club® Lounge and the hotel lobby. These special features make this hotel the choice for today's business and leisure traveler. The Ritz-Carlton, Boston Common has been awarded the prestigious AAA Five-Diamond Award and has been named to Travel + Leisure’s World’s Best Hotels List several times and is one of Condé Nast Traveler’s Top 100 U.S. Hotels.. The hotel’s amenities are designed for the most discerning guests, and include fashionable Frette Italian bed linens, feather beds, marble baths with separate showers, Bang & Olufsen sound systems in suites and the services of a Technology Butler®, CD Butler and Bath Butler. Asprey London has its only Boston boutique in the hotel’s lobby.For leisure travelers and executives who like to keep fit on the road, the hotel offers direct access from guest elevators to The Sports Club/LA, a world-class 114,000-square-foot fitness and sports complex featuring basketball courts, squash, junior Olympic pool and complete spa and salon facilities. This urban country club resort provides to guests the luxury of convenience, comfort and personalized service matched by the most extensive amenities in the city. The synthesis between The Ritz-Carlton, Boston Common and its direct connection to The Sports Club/LA creates an exceptional environment for successful business travel, meetings and corporate retreats. This distinctive, contemporary destination creates custom-designed experiences offering a luxury comfort zone that sharpens the competitive edge. The hotel’s Business Conference Concierge, unique high-tech meeting spaces, Technology Butler®, and Business Center complement The Sports Club/LA’s selection of themed activities and group breaks for relaxing or energizing: team-building sports like obstacle courses on the basketball court, water volleyball, group ergonomics or stress reduction with stretching exercises. There are also lifestyle enhancement group classes focusing on spa treatments, fitness training and nutrition. The hotel’s cocktail venue, Avery Bar, reflects a refined, elegant sensibility tempered with midcentury-inspired forms, furniture and lighting. The space is a modern, sophisticated design for hotel guests and local residents longing for a more stylish and relaxed feel. Modern craft cocktails, including ten signature martinis [dubbed “the Avery Ten”] pay homage to the bar’s address at 10 Avery Street. Dry, dirty, sour, sweet, and Russian are just some of the “Avery Ten” showcased on the cocktail menu; along with an impressive wine list, beers on tap and cocktails that call to mind pre-prohibition and early 1950’s classics while boasting their own modern style and taste Artisan Bistro serves as a meeting place, a gathering point where hotel guests and residents mingle for breakfast and lunch meetings, socialize after-work or mix over post-theater cocktails while enjoying approachable artisanal cooking. As for the menu, it offers fresh local and seasonal dishes, using native ingredients with subtle bistro influences. The restaurant’s bar is an integral part of the fun. The cocktail program will include local favorites, numerous microbrews and a signature Bloody Mary menu. The handcrafted wainscoting and whitewashed wood floors bring a sophisticated European bistro motif. The mood at the bar, like the restaurant itself, is lively and inviting, yet relaxed and casual at the same time. This unparalleled destination, The Ritz-Carlton Towers complex featuring The Ritz Carlton, Boston Common includes the 19-screen AMC Loews Theatres Boston Common. In this lively setting, wired with the latest technology, the hotel's catering department can create corporate teleconferences or movie parties. The Ballroom, Washington Room, Hamilton Room and The Studio are dramatic spaces for events for up to 350 guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton Boston Common reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.