“Good location, excellent service” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$50 Hotel Credit & More
Ranked #26 of 77 Hotels in Boston
Los Angeles, California
“Good location, excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

We were here for a conference in October. Our room was very comfortable, they didn't have coffee in the room but brought us a coffee maker on request. The staff was very accommodating and friendly. The bar is really nice with a lot of comfortable seating areas for socializing with small or large groups. Although it cost $15 to use the gym it was a Sports Club LA and worth it compared to most small hotel gyms. Overall, although I miss the old traditional Ritz, this is a very nice hotel, especially for business.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking Boston Common.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Indonesian first
Mount Dora, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I am not sure why people have given this Ritz bad reports. i stayed there for 4 nights. From the check in, service, club level. Everything was fabulous.
My flight came in early, My room was give to me fast. The room was very spacious and comfortable but the bose system were not updated for iPads.
The club was very enjoyable. even though they do not have as many selections as other clubs I have been to. They have great personnel. Blanchelle was a spectacular host as well as Brian and Todd. They were there for anything you needed. Overall a great stay.
To top things the have a great sport club center that is free if you stay at the club, it was 4 floors.
Did not cared for the food at artisan. i would not spend my time there.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Wakefield, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

If you want to go back in time when service and amenities meant something, then this is the place. I've stayed here several times over the years and I always enjoy it. A bit pricey but then again sometimes you need to pay to spoil yourself.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Providence, Rhode Island, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

There probably doesn't need to be another review of the Ritz. It was very nice and friendly. Rooms are a good size for Boston. Good bathroom. Accommodating staff. Perfect location for the Common. Avery St. is a short little street, just fine.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Scottsdale, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

Don't get me wrong, it is a nice hotel, well worth the Ritz-Carlton name but it is aging a little bit, I had two rooms and they where at the 12th floor club level, nice clean room but nothing to brag about. Checking was easy and fast even as it wast past midnight, the reception guy was helpful and did get our check in fast. Bell boy and the guy that opens the doors were also very nice. The rooms as I have said were clean and nicely appointed but o. The old fashion hotel style, the bathroom is a lithe uncomfortable but nothing that gets you out of the hotel. Room service I think was the best service that I have received, I had special request for my wife and they did not not say no never, food was good.
Check out was very fast also, no strange charges were made. I did not have the chance to go to the lobby bar, it look really nice and at night it was full of life.
As I said before nice hotel, I would definitely go again after I have tried the other top hotels in Boston.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

What I did not know about this Ritz is it is a bit down a seedy street, close but not directly on the Boston Common. The old Ritz is now the Taj hotel, which does sit on a corner. I love the Lobby Bar in this restaurant - the fire and wines are great. The rooms are just ok. Nothing fantastic. Requests to be upgraded are sort of honored. Nothing to make you feel like a treasured guest. Our card allowed us upgrades (could have been better) and free internet. However, if you dont have business card for free internet, you will pay dearly for this. The restaurant is just ok as well. Not great or wowza at all. Service is slow.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

I just returned from a stay at the Ritz-Carlton in Boston over Labor Day weekend. We were a family of 5 including our one year old son and had 2 rooms. This is a nice hotel, but not up to the Ritz-Carlton standard. We had requested an early check-in and were given both our rooms when we arrived, which was lovely. As requested, one of the rooms contained a crib set up for my son. The hotel has a nice location, though not as nice as its main competitors, the Four Seasons and the Taj. The rooms were nice and good sized, as were the bathrooms. It was the little things that distinguish a luxury hotel from a 4 star property that were off - the service was hit or miss. Only one of the rooms received turn down service the first night (and we called to request service for the other, but it was never done). On the second night, neither room was turned down. We wanted to get a drink at the hotel bar the first night, but there was no service, no one to even seat us despite our waiting over 10 minutes. We finally went to the hotel restaurant instead, which again had puzzling service. Our waitress was constantly trying to remove our plates before we were done with our meal, even though it was only 9 pm and the restaurant was far from busy. All in all, it felt rushed and awkward, though the food was solid.
I've been to Boston on numerous work trips and have always stayed at the Four Seasons - I should have stuck with it. Perhaps, I suffered from having too high expectations following my visit to the Four Seasons Chicago just a couple of weeks before my Boston trip (see my review for the Four Seasons Chicago on Tripadvisor). This hotel needs to get its act together on the service front, right now it feels like a Westin rather than a Ritz-Carlton.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to The Ritz-Carlton Boston Common? Share your experiences!