“a must do in Boston” 5 of 5 stars

Attraction Details
Lynn, Massachusetts
“a must do in Boston”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Great dinner! i am an experienced cruiser, the Spirit of Boston is not the best but does a pretty good job with the dinner experience. A+ Recommended

Visited August 2012

Plattsburgh, New York, United States
10 attraction reviews
“What a nightmare!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Getting to the dock is not easy, as it is a bit out of the way. We went on Father's Day for a dinner cruise and there were a lot of families, which was not bad at all. At around $100 apiece it was a bit pricey. We were seated by the window in the front of the ship, which gave us great views, but we were also by the doors to the deck, and the constant foot traffic and the horrible door slamming/draft on my back was ANNOYING!!! The music was less than impressive - tons of generic 70's stuff. And the food was the most atrocious thing of all. Buffet style: salad - lettuce with a choice of 4-5 add-ons and 2 dressings, pasta with a choice of 2 sauces, mashed potatoes, green beans, dried up baked chicken, and roast meat, that quite frankly was half fat anyway. And everything was lukewarm at best!!! The desert was a choice of the store bought vanilla or chocolate sheet cake cut up into tiny squares and dumped onto the big plate. ABSOLUTELY HORRENDOUS!!! I ended up trying a bite of everything just to see what was edible. In the end, I ended up dipping dinner rolls into the pasta sauce, I am sorry, but for a $100 - NO!!! We bought a package with free wine, which we never got and the waiter made a clumsy excuse. The people at the next table said they bought drinks as part of a package too, but were told that they only paid for the souvenir glasses that the drinks would be served in. The waiter stopped by our table three times in 2 hours - once to take the drink order, once to drop them off 45 minutes later, and then again with the bill. We had to go searching for someone to pour us coffee. The most annoying thing is that the staff started to clean up everything about 1:15 into a 2 hour cruise. They picked up our table clean without asking, taking our drinks/coffee, when we were half done with it. I go to get a piece of cake and my drinks are gone. And I found it incredibly rude that a girl came up to take my fork, without asking me, reaching over my plate as I was about to eat a bite of cake. Overall, not impressed at all! SAVE YOUR MONEY!!!

Visited June 2013
Abilene, Texas
11 attraction reviews
“Dinner Cruise on Boston Harbor”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We spent the evening cruising the Boston Harbor on the Spirit of Boston as a work event. The ship was clean and the staff was attentive. The food was ok and the entertainment was very cheesy but others really seemed to enjoy it. The best part of the trip was to go out on top deck and see the city. The view was beautiful and gave you a glimpse of the city.

Visited July 2012
Regina, Canada
10 attraction reviews
“Very poor service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

My husband and I bought tickets (we are in our early 30's) for this cruise for a romantic night out out on our trip to Boston from Canada. HUGE MISTAKE.

We felt like we were at a horrible wedding. The music was awful, and we had no idea that the wait staff would be singing and dancing. We bought an upgraded "premium package" that said that we would get a seat along the window, a shrimp cocktail appetizer, and 8 premium drink tickets.

Well the seat along the window was by the womens bathroom. The shrimp cocktail came just before dessert. Not one wait staff came by to refill our water or get us a drink. We had to keep going up to the bar. The bar staff noticed that we kept coming up to get our drinks, and saw that we had premium drink tickets. They asked where we were sitting and when we showed him, he said that "hes not suprised that we are not getting service", and that he would talk to his supervisor. Still no one came by.

The only bright spot was the food, and the chef. The food was UNBELIEVABLE. Some of the best salmon I have ever had. The chef was very friendly, chatting with people in line at the buffet.

I wouldn't recomment this cruise for anyone under 50.

Visited October 2012
Wilmington, Massachusetts
“Cruise on Boston Harbor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Fabulous dinner, singing wait-staff were fantastic talented and attentive! Super buffet!
Robert Greel provided the entertainment and kept everybody involved from all ages! Greet us all and made the rounds, lead the dancing, sang pretty good too! Recommend! GreelMusic@gmail.com

Visited November 2012

Been to Spirit of Boston? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Spirit of Boston, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.