“Good hotel, good location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Rates from just $129!
Ranked #37 of 77 Hotels in Boston
Pittsburgh
“Good hotel, good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I was in Boston for business and needed a downtown hotel at a reasonable price. The Doubletree was an excellent choice. Great location - right next to the Metro station so transport is easy, Chinatown is a block away and all of downtown is a reasonable taxi ride.

The hotel itself is pleasant and comfortable, staff are helpful and my room was comfortable and spacious.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This Doubletree was a little fancier than most Doubletree hotels, but still relatively average. Nice large foyer with restaurant and bar. The room was basic with a king size bed. The mattress was extremely hard.

If your interested in an affordable hotel in an excellent location, this place is a good option. There are so many things to do within a short walk of the hotel.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Saco, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Actually staying here right now and wanted to share experience while it's fresh. Overall - very nice place to stay.
Pros: the room is clean and equipped with everything you may possibly need; the bed is comfortable; I got a room with a view of Prudential tower which is nice and cannot hear anything that's going on outside the room. A warm cookie upon arrival. Favorite part - I was able to check in online and pick my room. Originally, I was booked to be on the 2nd floor but I wanted a higher floor so I easily switched to the 5th. I knew my room # ahead of time. It's a walking distance to so many places. You can even walk to the North End in 30mins (if you wanted to). There is a restaurant, the bar and Starbucks downstairs too though.
Cons: the only available parking is valet parking ($46/day - ouch); Internet is not free either but it's not too bad ($9.95/day or $2.95/hr)
Could be a 'con' for tall people: shower head was not attached super high on the wall. I am 5'3" and I wouldn't mind if it was a bit higher. Not adjustable either. But it gets the job done! :)

Overall - great hotel.

Room Tip: City view and higher floor
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I travel the country for a living and have always favored Doubletrees when given an opportunity for their consistent cleanliness, classiness, and service. This location, however, left every other hotel-- Doubletree or otherwise-- completely in the dust from the moment I walked in.The decor was particularly polished and welcoming (stayed over Christmas-- beautifully decorated) and the location ideal. But the service was so immediately and consistently above and beyond, setting a new standard for customer care in my book, that I logged on to this website to write the first hotel review I've ever written.

Albion and Olga accommodated every request and answered every question I had with efficiency, alacrity,and a crisp, bright, alertness that demonstrated beyond the shadow of a doubt that they take great pride in what they do. The fact that they were obviously very busy, juggling what seemed to be ten tasks at a time never once impeded them from looking me straight in the eye, making me feel personally cared for with a smile, and thoroughly handling whatever matter I might have brought to them.

Beyond this, their communication with the rest of the staff was such that on one occasion, by the time I came back from the front desk to my room, the department I had requested help from was already walking down the hallway to meet me.

And then to top it all off, I received a call on my hotel phone a few minutes later from Albion himself just double checking that everything had been taken care of and that there wasn't anything else he could do for me.

I hold a great respect and gratitude for people in this world who are able to combine efficiency, passion, and heart in whatever it is that they do. Albion and Olga are very evidently two such people.

They put a wonderful, personal touch on my Christmas business trip and I thank them for it from the bottom of my heart.

The room was beautiful, tasteful, clean, thoroughly kitted out. It was quiet and perfectly comfortable.

Moral of the story... Stay here. And when you do, ask for Albion and Olga.

Room Tip: Only certain rooms have bathtubs, so make sure to request if it's important to you!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The Doubletree Downtown is conveniently located near Tufts Medical Center and very close to the Orange line T stop. Rooms appear to be recently renovated and were clean. Only stayed for one night, but seemed to be a good property for the price. One of the best prices I have seen for downtown Boston.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
Eugene, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

A very comfortable and friendly place to stay. We were in Boston consulting with doctors at Tufts Medical Center which is directly across the street. We found this hotel to be a nice place to relax after our appointments. The restaurant while a little pricey for me had good food and very friendly staff. The bar can be a little crowded in the evening but the bartender makes everyone feel welcome. There is also a Starbucks in the lobby and guests have access to the YMCA which is accessible from the hotel. The king bed I slept on was possibly the most comfortable hotel bed I've ever had. The down-like pillows were just like I have at home. We had the 'courtyard' rooms and there was no view. It's probably worth spending a little more for the view of downtown Boston.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

linwood, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Valet was slow. Had to unload in the street in the rain. Front counter reception was poor. Not very friendly, however; after arrival everybody else we encountered was very friendly. Morning buffet service on first morning was very slow. The guy making omelets was the only one hustling as it was very busy. After the show on Sunday night, we went to the bar. The bartender was overwhelmed and inexperienced. The manager stepped in to help her because she seemed like she never was behind a bar before. The room and view were nice. the price was good. Overall nice stay in spite of minor issues.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston - Downtown? Share your experiences!