“Boston DoubleTree - AWWA conference” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Rates from just $259!
Ranked #33 of 77 Hotels in Boston
Union Bridge, United States
“Boston DoubleTree - AWWA conference”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

I found the hotel very clean. Service was very good. Everyone at the front desk and concierge desk spoke each time they saw me. I was often asked if I needed any assistance. It was a central location for the sites and the conference. Convenient availability of shuttle to conference center and cabs for other locations. Breakfast was a little on the expensive side. Probably $ 3 or $ 4 dollars too much for the selections.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Cranston, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

The hotel is in front of a hospital right off of Tuffs Medical center on the orange line. Very convenient, and very close to China Town. At check in, the place looked very nice, clean and friendly. I requested a mini fridge for the room, $5.00 extra per night..... OK. Went up to the 4th floor. still nice looking, until you turn the corner. There were ceiling pieces on the floor and exposed wiring in the ceiling. hallways are very narrow to get to the rooms. Room was very clean and the extra pillows I requested were available, (shockingly at no extra cost). Room service is very friendly and polite. Even though a 12inch pizza cost $17. plus a tip. it was very good. Now the pool..... The hotel is attached to Chinatown YMCA. and that is were to pool is. you have to go across the roof into another elevator that takes you into the YMCA and into the YMCA lobby. After an awkward conversation with the front desk, they pointed out the pool. which does not look like the one on their website! very cluttered pool area, hot tub inoperable. and to make it better, you are restricted to a small area of the pool since the YMCA members are a priority. VERY DISSAPOINTING. I only chose this hotel because of the pool area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Mount Kisco, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

Facilities have been refurbished since my last stay in June 2012. Overall very clean and well kept. Staff is exceptionally helpful, friendly and courteous. Bathroom shower needed maintenance as shower head was far below average. Hotel location is superior and very close to theater district and Boston Common. Valet parking is extremely pricey at $46 per day....

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

This was a fairly good hotel pick. I visited with my mother on a girl's trip and loved our room. It was stylish and very clean. The housekeepers really paid attention to detail. It's too bad this hotel does not offer free wifi throughout the hotel. I had to be in the lobby to use it. The hotel restaurant was lovely for lunch or dinner. Breakfast was way too expensive for what we got. Not the best breakfast buffet and the a la carte menu was disappointing and pricey. Our room was on the second floor overlooking the parking lot and another lot behind a hospital. Around 2 am on Friday and Saturday night, I could hear every single thing happening in that lot and the pathway between the lots. There seemed to be a tailgate party happening in one lot and drunk bar hoppers stumbling by the hotel until 3 am. Made it impossible to sleep as it seemed the windows were made of cellophane. The location was good...T station right next door on the red line. On the edge of Chinatown. The characters roaming the streets after dark were quite sketchy but during the day it was a great part of town to walk around.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Crete, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

I was in Boston for work so the location was excellent... walking distance to great restaurants, Boston Common and the Public Garden. Doubletree did a great job at updating the property minus the shower stall which screamed 1985. Other than the outdated shower stall the other downfall was the distance to my room. I was in the Hilton Honors section, however the room was at the furthest point and I had to walk down an extra set of stairs to get there which I was not expecting, so had to balance carrying my suitcase, my work bag, the GPS for the car, water bottles, etc. Heads up to those folks placed in room 265 or 266. Also, housekeeping doesn't do the greatest job at vacuuming or the vacuums don't work so great... there were at least 5 little plastic pieces left behind from previous customers clothing price tags. Be sure to pack extra socks, flip flops, or slippers so you don't get poked in the foot.

Room Tip: Room 266 and 265 are far and require walking up/down stairs
Danbury, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Booked 2 adjoining king rooms directly with this hotel 2 months before my stay. Prepaid for the rooms. Never received an email confirming, just a text message The week of, I called to confirm and was told I booked the room through Expedia and they couldn't guarantee me adjoining rooms and they couldn't do anything about that and I need to contact Expedia for a confirmation of the booking etc.

Upon arrival, i was told there wasn't a note on the booking for adjoining rooms and that I should have booked the room with the hotel and called the hotel the week of to confirm the room - ALL WHICH I DID - instead of booking with Expedia. After 45 minutes of back and forth aggravation with the hotel staff, the manager (who was very kind) gave us free breakfast and the girl at the front desk was very nice to at least get us rooms on the same floor.

Upon checking out, I was told I couldn't receive receipt balances for the rooms because I booked them through Expedia.

Rooms were great (although I was also given incorrect information on the beds), breakfast was great, location was perfect for what we were doing. The aggravation of the book, especially since it was made 2 months in advance, was beyond frustrating.

In the end, no additional costs were charged to me which weren't supposed to be and my party had a great time.

I do not understand how they book their rooms and while I would recommend and stay here again, I would definitely double check all of my booking details because this was beyond ridiculous and could have been messier than it was. Incomprehensible.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

I chose the Doubletree based on previous positive experiences with the brand in different cities, namely Chicago and Anaheim. Consequently, I was shocked by how rudely I was treated at the Boston location. First off, I booked my reservation through a third-party where "All rooms are guaranteed to sleep the number of guests you provided during your search." Clearly on my reservation it states there are 2 adults and 1 child in my reservation. When we got to our room, there was a king bed and no rollaway bed or fold-out couch nor it appeared any space for a rollaway. When I called down to inform them that the room would not accommodate the number of guests on my reservation I was rudely told that there was no guarantee because I "booked through a third party." Mind you, I had my confirmation which clearly stated that was not the case and insisted the same and they were somehow able to find me a room with 2 beds.

If a hotel is not going to instruct their staff to treat guests who have used third party booking agencies with the same respect and courtesy they would show other guests, then please don't avail yourselves of third party booking agencies! I travel frequently and NEVER book directly with a hotel. Every so often I come upon this problem and it never ceases to annoy me.

That said, I love the beds at the Doubletree and the Crabtree & Evelyn toiletries. The location of this particular hotel is fabulous, being just steps from a "T" Stop. The welcome cookies are always a treat. The common areas of the hotel could use a little updating and the super bright lighting throughout the hotel is downright obnoxious.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston - Downtown? Share your experiences!