“Not Impressed” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Boston

You added Ramada Boston to your Saves list
Ramada Boston
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   800 Morrissey Blvd., Boston, MA 02122 (Dorchester / Roxbury / Mattapan)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #74 of 77 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Lodz, Poland
“Not Impressed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2011

The hotel had great amenities such as the 24 hour bowling alley on the property, restuarants, complimentary breakfast, free access to the computer and a nearby grocey store. The room was clean. It was hot inside the hotel, but the AC made the room comfortable quickly. There's a shuttle to the T for easy access downtown, and it's a reasonable cab fare on the way home if split a few ways. No liquor store nearby. If you're staying there for a night out in Boston just bring what you need with you and the rates make it a very practical experience. The hotel rooms need to be upgraded. The room was musty and dark, toilet overflowed the 2nd day.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
dinasudduth, Front Office Manager at Ramada Boston, responded to this review, February 12, 2011
Dear Guest, Thank you for your review. I certainly do apologize for the mishap with the bathroom during your stay. You'll be pleased to know that we have upgraded our bedding and rooms to make them more bright. Also, there is now a liquor store that opened in mid-November and is less than a five minute walk from the hotel. We hope to see you again in the near future! If I can be of any assistance to you, please do not hestitate to contact me at dina@bostonhotel.com. Thank you! - Dina Sudduth, FOM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
DeLand, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2011

My husband and I were caught in the aftermath of the recent blizzard, and had to overnight in Boston to catch a flight the next day. So glad we found this place - what a delightful experience. The shuttle driver was polite and personable, knew how to avoid rush hour traffic. Extremely tired when we reached the hotel, we did not take advantage of the coupons for nearby food retailers (free piece of handmade fudge; free bowl of chowder with purchase - both from adjacent businesses). We had specified a Queen bed when making the reservation. The first room we were given had two double beds; it was so cozy we were tempted to keep it. Upon notifying the front desk, we were promptly assigned a room with a queen bed, again clean, cozy, very comfortable. I had some leftovers, which I was able to warm in the microwave in the breakfast room. Staff even checked us in for our morning flight and printed our boarding passes. We slept like rocks, and awoke in time for a delicious, relaxed breakfast (scrambled eggs, make-it-yourself Belgian waffles, real butter, regular and fat-free syrups, crock pot full of delicious hot oatmeal, raisins and brown sugar, assortment of breads and bagels for toasting, muffins juices, coffee, tea, hot chocolate). We left, stuffed, on a timely shuttle to arrive at Logan terminal C for our mandatory scope or grope....but that's another story.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2011

When my wife called the hotel to confirm the rates we found at Ramada.com, the clerk told her he had no record of such a rate and unless we book it through the website, he would not honor that rate. So we booked it through the website and drove over to Ramada Inn at 800 Morrissey Boulevard, near Freeport St, Boston, MA 02122. Staying at the room was my wife and my children. It was around 1am on Jan 1, 2011. I told the clerk we had a reservation. He checked the system and told me that there wasn't one in the system but that he could get me a room at his regular rate. I asked him how long would it take to come up in the system. He said that he didn't know but I was welcomed to sit in the lobby until it did. I asked if I gave him my card number, could this somehow be expedited. He said no. It was pretty clear that he wasn't really trying to help me. I told him I would just find another hotel as he walked into his office behind the counter. I went back to the car and called the 800 number for Ramada to find out what was happening and to complain about the poor service. The representative apologized but basically told me that the system was down and to call back in 10 mins. Why she didn't take my number and offer to call me back let me know that Ramada's customer service problem is pandemic. I called back in 15 mins to give them one last chance. This gentleman told me that it was nothing he could do as the system was still down and he had no idea when it would be back up. He suggested I pay the regular rate. I asked if I paid the regular rate, when the system comes up, will there be an adjustment to bill. He told me that would be up to the clerk at the hotel. I told him that I won't be using Ramada afterall. And they have lost a customer for life. We went to Comfort Inn down the street.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
dinasudduth, Front Office Manager at Ramada Boston, responded to this review, January 7, 2011
Dear guest,

I'm sorry that we failed to create a good experience at our hotel for you. Our staff strives to provide excellent customer service to each guest and I will certainly be following up on this situation and prevent this mistake from happening again. We appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention so that we can utilize your feedback to provide better training to our front desk staff.

Please feel free to contact me at dina@bostonhotel.com. I would love the opportunity to earn your business in the future.

Dina S.
New Bedford
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2010

I am still here so I reserve the right to revise or amend my opinion. Every traveler has his or her own personal experiences good and bad. This is mine so far:
Check in was fast, room was clean and bed comfy. I am here so I do not have to commute to the hospital where my wife is for a few days. The shuttle to the train is great and on time. I drove to the hospital before checking in and Boston traffic is tough so I am avoiding that with the shuttle and the train.
Breakfast is decent and loved the waffles.
WiFi worked great, I am using it right now in fact.
The biggest negative is trying to find the hotel. If you do not have a GPS good luck.
Some complained of cleanliness issues but there is no problem here for me but I did not get under the bed or search for mice poops. I might after reading one review.
The rate is the best in Boston. You can find upscale hotels but be prepared to drop another hundred bucks a night at least.
If things go down hill I will revise my comments but soon I will be off to make my own waffles.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Bristol, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2010

For a two night stay We change rooms three times becuase the lock was broken the frist night...second room had a mouse...so we switchs rooms again and the thrid room had mouse poop in the coners but we were so tired from switching rooms we stayed.Then they almost made us miss are bus back home with there awful shuttle service...Im not a picky person but never in my life had so many problems with a hotel.staff was rude also

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
Graz, Austria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2010

We went for conference in Boston University. Booked three rooms in Ramada Inn. The hotel is a little upscale among motels. I liked the morning breakfast as the most. It was fresh, clean and hygienic.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Augusta, Maine
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2010

Very small room and view around hotel is bad.Not romantic at all.We went there to relax for two days but we end up fighting because of that small room.My husband saw a picture of room on internet,so he thought its nice big clean room but its opposite.We went there at night so we did not had choice because it was late to find another hotel.We stayed there that night but then we checked out and went to other hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Ramada Boston? Share your experiences!