“Excellent Value - Great Staff - Convenient Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Boston

You added Ramada Boston to your Saves list
Ramada Boston
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   800 Morrissey Blvd., Boston, MA 02122 (Dorchester / Roxbury / Mattapan)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #72 of 77 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Pittsburgh
“Excellent Value - Great Staff - Convenient Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2009

We came to Boston for a friend's Graduation from Northeastern University, which is in Back Bay. We were hesitant because the Ramada is in South Boston - and about 2 miles from the T station. The hotel staff were great. The hotel shuttle runs like clockwork and had us to the T in no time. I was amazed how quickly we could travel to just about anywhere in Boston - much quicker than if we had driven.

Although the lobby, dining area and business center look great, the hallways were very dingy - new carpeting would go a long way. The room was fine, although again, a bit dated and worn. The beds were typical hotel - a little hard - nothing special but we had no trouble sleeping. The breakfasts were good (I loved making my own waffles). Overall, the hotel could use an upgrade, but for convenience and price (less than $100 a night) we were very satisfied with our stay.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
New Orleans
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2009

They treat you like family. Big delux breakfest, shuttle service to the Falcon (ships), Airport and Train Station. We returned from a 13 day cruise from New Orleans to Boston and found the best hotel in Boston...jjb

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Dallas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2009

We stayed there for four nights, two rooms. The Hotel is close to downtown but it is right off of I93. Occaisonally you could hear the commuter trains across the way but it wasn't bad. Rooms were clean and comfortable. A/C heat units are a bit noisy but in this class of hotel they always are. The only negative was the $1/day for the "safe" in the room. I thought that was a bit cheesy. The WIfi was a bit quirky as well.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Omaha
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2009

I stayed at The Ramada in Boston MA this past January for a work related stay. I stayed for 2 1/2 weeks and let me tell you, this staff could not have gone more out of their way to please their guests! They were awesome! They did not charge for faxes; made copies when I needed them; Printed up many direction sheets for me... the list could go on for days. They always smiled and made time to keep good conversation with the guests.

My room was cleaned every day. The housekeeping department is also very good and friendly. When ever I needed extra linen, all I had to do is call the desk and it was there in minutes.

The shuttles were great! Very punctual unless the weather slowed them down. The drivers are extremely personable.

I highly recommed this hotel for business and pleasure trips!
Keep up the good work!!

• Liked — The beakfast, shuttles, staff
  • Disliked — I enjoyed everything
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2009

After reading some of the reviews I expected the worst, but it was a great trip. I had zero problems and was surprised that so many people had negative comments about this property. Not here... I guess some people have unrealistic expectations when staying in an AFFORDABLE hotel in BOSTON!

• Liked — The Price!
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2008

We were drawn by the price and availability. This Ramada is old and dirty. The rooms were not clean. We were put on the 3rd floor but soon realized the Elevator Motor Assembly was behind the wall right behind the headboard! It made a squealing awful noise with each passenger ALL NIGHT LONG. It was impossible to sleep. They did move us to another room the following day when we asked to change. They didn't seem happy. This other room was even dirtier and older.The sheets were thread bare and the carpets dirty. I saw on my credit card account they charged us a higher rate other than what I signed on my bill.

The saving grace was the free shuttle to Logan and the T. Free breakfast is offered, breads,yogurt, and hot waffles.If you are not going to be in your room at all you may like this place for the price. NOT walking distance to anything ,but cheap.

• Liked — Free shuttle service from airport and to the mass transit
  • Disliked — The uncomfortable beds, the uncleanliness of the rooms
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2008

My family and I had some reservations (pardon the pun) when we saw this place since it seemed old and a little musty. However, the rooms were comfortable and I had the best night's sleep I've ever had thanks to the awesome pillows! I even had an amazing dream that allowed me to awaken with a beautiful, spiritual connection to the Universe. I certainly didn't expect that from a cheap hotel stay.

• Liked — Comfortable pillows
  • Disliked — Older carpets
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Ramada Boston? Share your experiences!