“No line - tasty pastries” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, Bakeries
Dining options: Coffee & Tea, Lunch, Dessert
Dining options: Coffee & Tea, Lunch, Dessert
Augusta, Maine
“No line - tasty pastries”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

The selection here is not as big as at Mike's and Modern, but what there is is great. If you love cannoli, this is the spot. They are fresh and come filled on the spot - plain, chocolate dipped, with the ends dipped or not, three kinds of filling - you can't go wrong. They have the usual selection of little Italian cookies, and several cakes, napoleons, and is,liar individual parties. Plus NO LINE ! This is amazing to me, because every one there when we were there was obviously Italian, as in They Spoke Italian. They have a couple little tables inside and out, and we were invited to sit, armed with forks, plenty of napkins. Avoid lines and visit the nice folks at Maria's - you'll eat we'll and miss about a thousand tourists!

Visited August 2013

Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
“I'm in LOVE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I went for the cannoli which was wonderful. BUT I fell in love with their amaretti cookies. I which I could of gotten the recipe from the baker. No secrets were given out though.

Los Angeles, California
“The Best Canoli's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I really don't know why people go to Mike's. That place is good, but you really have to try the Canoli's at Maria's. It's the best and there is usually no line! Perhaps Mike makes other things better, but if you're looking for the best Canoli, go to Maria's. You won't regret it.

Plymouth, Massachusetts
“Love this place...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Very authentic...great cannolis and cookies. Worth the visit, you feel transported to "Italy"...in Boston.

Keller, Texas
“Makes me wish I lived in Boston”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

They have a delicious, subtly flavored traditional cannoli. I've never had better outside of St. Louis. I also almost cried when I saw their cookies and I was immediately taken back to childhood Christmases when my grandma would always have a mix of Italian cookies out at all times. The cookies were very good but not the very best I've ever had. You can tell they're probably made with shortening instead of butter which does make a difference in the flavor, but they're still better than anything in a store.

There was a very friendly young lady behind the counter and the shop is steps from the Haymarket T.