“Maria's IS THE BOMB! YUMMY!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, Bakeries
Dining options: Dessert
Dining options: Dessert
New York City, New York
“Maria's IS THE BOMB! YUMMY!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I laugh every time I see the lines outside Mike's Pastry. Mike's is ok but Maria's is FABULOUS! The best $2.50 you'll ever spend is on one of their cannoli. Maria, from Avellino, sure knows how to make this Sicilian specialty. I've never tried anything else but really what else does anyone want when someone can make this delectable dessert better than anyone else?

• Visited October 2012

Joondalup
“Get the Cannoli”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

My wife and I had sadly found that the standard of Italian food in the USA, particularly the Cannoli, left a lot to be desired.
We decided to give maria's a chance while walking around Boston exploring the historical sights.
Well, thank goodness we did.
I had a chocolate with ricotta filling, my wife had choc tipped with custard filling. hard to decide which was the better. Both were so fresh and flavoured just like the best Cannoli we have had anywhere else in the world, and yes, that includes Italy.

I would return to Boston, just for the Cannoli from Maria's.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hopewell, New York
“Ols School Italian done right!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Maria's is like a throwback. This isn't a place where you'll get a sickeningly sweet frosted cupcake.
What you will get is carefully prepared and presented old style pastry.
Excellent cannoli, filled to order, as they should be. Chocolate eclairs made with perfection from dough to filling.
If you want high quality pastry this is the place for you.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Wellesley, Massachusetts, United States
“Great Italian Pastries”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

I have always gone to Mike's Pastry Shop in the middle of the North End but was in a hurry so decided to visit Maria's on the outskirts of the North End. I was pleasantly surprised. I knew I couldn't go wrong with a Cannoli but what a treat. It was a rather large pastry and the ricotta filling was very generous. Sitting at one of the tables and having this treat with a fresh cup of coffee was a great way to end a trip to Boston! I bet most people go into the North End rather than this little pastry shop but they will be quite impressed if they give it a try! I know, I was!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Wakefield, MA
“THE BEST Sfogliatelle Anywhere !!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

There are very few Italian pastries that I like. I eat Cannoli's occasionally, but my very favorite is the Sfogliatelle. I have tried them everywhere from the towns in my area all the way to Maria's and in between . I have even tried them in Rome and nobody beats Maria's Sfogliatelle's. They are the freshest and best tasting you will ever find. Whenever I am in the area I stop and grab a couple to go. Just yesterday we were passing through and my husband pulled the car over so I could jump out and buy a couple. In case anyone is wondering exactly what they are I have included a description of them. Give them a try.

Sfogliatelle – This “clam shell” pastry is a traditional Neapolitan sweet. This is a flaky pastry shell filled with cheese, semolina flour and citrus fruit. Mixed with eggs and sugar with a slight cinnamon/orange flavor

• Visited August 2012