“Awesome!” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 2,820 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Romance, Large groups, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Scenic view, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Our customers truly love our food. Portions are huge and the value can't be beat; not to mention our great service. You can dress up or dress casual. The atmoshpere is very classy, but laid back at the same time. When you leave, you will feel like family. Come be a part of our family today!
boston massachusetts
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Awesome meal! out with great friends to have a nice meal. We succeeded, the food was delicious ( cooked to order) , the owners are present and working to accommodate everyone. The portions are large so plan to take some home. Easy to find parking. Would highly recommend Italian express pizzeria to anyone looking to eat somewhere in East Boston.

Boulder, Colorado
“Would go back again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Stopped in for lunch on a Monday (walked from hotel). Place was empty @ 11:30 so Iooked over the menu and decided on the chicken cacciatore w/spaghetti. With a drink I think it came out to around $14 which I thought was a bit expensive for a single lunch serving but I wanted to try the place out. When the order came out it was huge and would easily feed 2 people or provide lunch for the next day. The chicken was lightly battered and tasty. The sauce was very good but a bit watery. The onions and peppers were undercooked for my taste (marinating them first would make a world of difference). But as a whole, the meal was very good compared to many other places i have been to for italian outside of the Northeast. The side of bread was also tasty although warming it up would be a nice touch. If I was back in town I would definitely stop in again to try something else.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Warminster, United Kingdom
“Great Italian food and hospitality at a good price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

A trip to East Boston is not complete without eating a meal here. We had excellent service from the friendly staff and will definitely visit again next time we're in town. I had the untypically Italian fish & chips cooked just the way I like it, the deserts are to die for, especially the Red Velvet Cake. Our previous visit was for takeaway Pizza - delicious!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great Food and Atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

When I walked into this intimate eatery, it felt warm and inviting. I was promptly greeted with friendly staff and before I knew it, I had a drink in my hand and delicious food on my plate. I had, and strongly recommend, the haddock margarita. The fish had a wonderful crunch and the flavor of the lemon and other spices just made a perfect bite. The potatoes that accompanied the dish were also delicious. The portions are large -- you won't go hungry eating here! The owner came out to greet his customers personally and made sure everyone in the place was stuffed and happy. I highly recommend Italian Express!

Malden, Massachusetts
“Best Red Sauce I've had!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Great service, large portions, amazing food not to mention Sangria at reasonable prices. What more can you ask for? But you do get more two owners that really care and make you feel at home. It doesn't get better than that.