“Been wanting to go for a long time... Worth the wait!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Island Creek Oyster Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 2,815 restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Oyster Bar
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Kenmore
Transit: Kenmore
Weston, Massachusetts
“Been wanting to go for a long time... Worth the wait!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I've seen this rated highly on various sites like Tripadvisor and have tried a couple of times to find reservations. Since the oppty to dine out usually comes with little notice, the popularity of Island Creek has always resulted in little to no availability.

This visit was no exception, with a Friday having only 5pm slots. This time we decided to grab it even though it was inconveniently early. It was worth the wait. Oysters were great, with a connoisseurs level of choice. The names of the owners of each oyster farm were under each choice... Our waiter had a supreme level of knowledge about their taste, the farm they came from etc. [Aside: When we asked him about the mural sized photograph decorating the back wall, he even had a knowledge of the artist, the camera used, the reason for it being mounted upside down... ]. My scallop entree was very good, as was the clam chowder. Only semi small issue was that my wife found the clam chowder a little too starchy after expecting a lighter experience after reading earlier reviews here. One of my top 5 favorites - even if we did have to dine at 5p

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

90% Recommend
  • Turkish first
Edison, New Jersey
“Boston visit post snow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Arrived late and managed to get the last of the dinner menu. The food was excellent and the oysters from the raw bar were good too. I did not drink from the wine list, but it was a good selection for by-the-glass.

Visited February 2013
San Antonio TX
“The absolute BEST and freshest oysters ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I'm in Boston for business, knowing that I should have an incredible experience with the freshest seafood and most perfect oysters. A "local" told me about Island Creek and I went there for a business dinner that very evening. HIt: arrive early enough, because even on a Monday, this place rocks.

My business guest and I split a dozen oysters, he also had the Crab Carbonara and I had the Fluke. Wine great, cocktails great. That said, when you go, these items may not even be on the menu, which is printed daily, based upon what is farmed. When the oysters are delivered, the server tells which is which, and leaves you a list, in order, of which is which. OK, maybe that's pretty typical (it is) of restaurants where fresh oysters is a main attraction, so let's talk about the service itself. Very fluid, there is a main server and 1-2 additional "helpers," for lack of a better word, which made up the team who made sure we had the best experience ever. My business guest's phone was nearly battery drained, and the server took the phone and his charger and charged it for him during our meal.

The environment is modern/rustic...very comfortable, great lighting.

I say, " go, and go often."

I can't wait to return

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
San Diego, California
“A special experience not to be missed in Boston”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I've been here twice so far and each time has been great. Fab service, great ambiance, super fresh seafood. The reason to go is the freshest oysters you'll ever have. The reason to stay is the great beverage list, great apps and entrees. Fun for groups. The only weak spot is dessert, but that's by no means a slight. They're just focused on what they do best -- fantastic farm-to-table oysters.

Visited February 2013
Andover, Massachusetts
“Fantastic Brunch, Oysters”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Island Creek Oyster Bar is a great place for brunch if you're in the Fenway area. My wife and I stayed at the Hotel Commonwealth for the weekend and had Sunday brunch at ICOB. They offer a large drink selection and many different kinds of oysters to choose from. I'm not an oyster guy, but my wife had a few and loved them. We ordered the lobster omelet and the quiche and both were great. We snacked on a pastry basket beforehand, which came with a variety of pastries such as a cinnamon bun, muffin, bagel and a few other treats. The price is definitely not for the struggling college student, but if it's worth it if you want a nice, elegant brunch in Boston.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere