“I love Island Creek!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Island Creek Oyster Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 2,670 Restaurants in Boston
Transit: Kenmore
Boston, Massachusetts
“I love Island Creek!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

My husband and I came here for date night because we wanted to treat ourselves. It had been over a year since our last time here, and we knew it would cost us over $100, so we waiting a while. It was just as good as we remembered. We started with a round of oysters, so fresh, so crisp, briny and perfect. He had his favorite cocktail: Tom Collins, and I had two different beers, one German and the other from my favorite local brewery, Pretty Things. They have a great selection at Island Creek. Next we moved on to sharing a few small dishes: the gazpacho, roasted corn and something else that I'm not recalling. The gazpacho had chunks of lobster in it, quite a surprise! The corn was great, oh and the bread they serve was wonderfully warm. Can't wait to go back again.

• Visited August 2012

• Turkish first
Mosbach, Germany
“Service does not do food justice”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

We went yesterday with a reservation to the restaurant, very busy very crowded. We got seated at a high table which I personally dislike but nothing else available. Our waiter changed in the course of the meal and I had to ask 2 times to get our drinks. First drink was served ( a simple beer) after starters were finished ( the oysters were a delight!). The main course that followed. Was also great, but again tried to catch the waiter for some more water. The water came with the unasked bill, which have us the feeling to get out in order to place some other clients at the table. The food was excellent however it was a ruined evening. For sure not a visit next time in Boston.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
San Jose, California, United States
“Fresh, fresh, fresh and delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

While in Boston, I had the good fortune of dining at the Island Creek Oyster Bar. There were no tables, so we ate at the bar. They were very busy, and it took awhile for the waiter to acknowledge us, but once he did, the service was great. And the food and drinks were divine. Excellent selection of oysters, fresh seafood and turf. Prepared impeccably to showcase the flavors of the fresh ingredients, not buried under unnecessary sauces. Divine. And the bartenders are GREAT. Enough said. One of my favorite restaurants anywhere!

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Boston, Massachusetts
“An Oyster Lovers Paradise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

This was probably my 12th visit to The Island Creek Oyster Bar and every visit 1) the food is perfect, 2) the service is wonderful, 3) nice selection of wines, and 4) enjoyable environment. I am a lover of Island Creek Oysters and the ones I enjoy her are the best I have ever had. They serve delicious bread with a variety of butters depending on the day. Being a solo diner this time, I enjoyed sitting at the high top tables in the bar area. The servers gave me just the right amount of attention. The only challenge is parking so be prepared. Enjoy!

• Visited August 2012
Jackson, MS
“Great food and a high end drink list.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

I ate here with a group of friends about two weeks ago, and I was rather impressed with both the food and drinks menus. I had oysters and the halibut, both of which were fantastic. The beer list is great too with a nice draught list and great domestic craft/import bottle list. The place gets pretty busy at night, so the servers get a little confused at times, but overall, our server(s) were very friendly and did a good job.