“urban outdoor market” 4 of 5 stars

Type: Flea/ Street Markets, Shopping
new york
“urban outdoor market”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

interesting food trucks, growers had good variety, cool maple syrup guy, dog friendly, and I have a weakness for caramel popcorn.

Visited August 2012

New England
16 attraction reviews
“Can't believe it took us this long to visit SOWA Open Market”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

We had such an enjoyable time at the SOWA Open Market it is definitely an event that shouldn't be missed. The Market is open every Sunday from May 6th - October 28th from 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. Here are some of our favs:

Staff Meal
Greg and I both agree that everyone must try a dish from the Staff Meal Food Truck. The food is inventive, hits all taste buds, and is offered at great prices. We enjoyed the Chinese Sausage Taco (Fried Rice, Black Bean Mayo, Fried Garlic) and the “The Irene” Burrito (Pork Neck Chilli, Whole Mess of Fritos, Rice n' Beans, Guacamole, and Alex's Ugly Sauce)

Bon ME
This was our 2nd time trying the Bon Me Truck. The food was just as good as we remembered and the service had increased in speed since our last visit. We ordered our usual - Barbecue Pork Sandwich (Toasted Baguette, pickled daikon and carrot, cucumbers, cilantro, red onion, house-made spicy mayo, and house-made pate). Delicious! I have previously tried the Thai Basil Limeade but opted for the Spicy Ginger Lemonade this time. The lemonade was nice but wasn’t the spicy ginger flavor I was hoping for. Next time I’ll stick with the Thai Basil Limeade.

Guys Healthy Home Cooking
We tasted and ended up purchasing the Green Pea Pate. Unlike many other spreads / dips out at the market the Green Pea Pate is Dairy Free. The spread is sweet and savory although not exactly an appealing color (probably because it contains no additives or artificial colors). I brought it home and enjoyed it on some toast points.

Q’s Nuts
I am amazed at the amount of flavor that is in just one little Cashew from Q’s Nuts! It just so happened that I recently received a bag of Cashews / Almonds from another company so I really had something to compare Q’s Nuts to. The other company offered a satisfying snack. Q’s Nuts especially the Banana Foster Cashews is an entire dessert in snack form. I have also tried the Mexican Chocolate Cashews and they are a good mix of sweet and savory. My only wish was that it would have had a pinch of cayenne.

Sal’s Homemade Potato Chips
We purchased Sal’s Rosemary Truffle Potato Chips on a whim at the market. I am so glad that we did! Some truffle flavored products can be serious let downs. Sal’s has the perfect combination of Rosemary, Salt, and Truffles. Neither of the ingredients overpowers the others. I am enjoying these chips as we speak but can’t wait for these to be my fall snack!

Ashley Conchieri
Art markets, boutiques, and small vendors are my favorite places to buy clothes. Not only do you meet great people with a passion for design but you find items that are made by a cookie cutter. Ashley Conchieri is an artist. Yes I do believe fashion can be an art! Her designs are unique and bold. I purchased the Armour Serape (hand woven, hand felted. merino wool) but I was also quite taken with her Infinity Scarves in summer colors.

Visited July 2012
“So much to do, bring your money!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

There are so many tents at the market. Fresh produce, jams, French macaroons, art, sculptures, soap, etc. There are a bunch of food trucks too- the taco truck and grilled cheese truck both had great food. Oh and don't forget to get froyo. But really, this market could keep you entertained for hours. We came into Boston from out of town, but we come every year. The market was only about a 10 minute walk from the closest t-stop at Tufts Medical. If you're looking for something fun to do on a Sunday, head to the market.

Hopkinton NH
25 attraction reviews
“One of a kind in Boston”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

The SoWa Open Market is a fabulous stop on any Sunday in Boston. It's located in the revitalized South End of Boston and offers an incredible selection of hand-crafted goods. The main lot off Albany Street contains craft vendor tents and is usually rung by a number of trucks offering great quality food and drink. To one side of the Albany Street lot there's an indoor market in the warehouse which offers antique and vintage goods. In addition an attached lot includes a farmer's market. It's really an extraordinary collection of vendors and offerings, all surrounded by a thriving artist community. It also includes some top rate people watching, including the occasional celbrity spotting!

Visited June 2012
Cambridge, Massachusetts
34 attraction reviews
“A funky outdoor food market in a complex of art & craft & vintage ware”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012 via mobile

This is a small market but the regular stalls offer both great snack food and staples to take home. Most producers seem to use this as a way to distribute samples to encourage you to buy regularly from them online. It is not cheap, but today we sampled hickory smoked beef jerky, fresh sundried tomato cheese, sea salt flatbread, maple popcorn and piña colada macaroons. If we wre heading straight home I would have also picked up some bread, tomatoes and sausages. The market is close to Broadway T stop on the red line.