“Bolognese to change your life” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Deuxave is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 2,670 Restaurants in Boston
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian, French, American, Contemporary
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Massachusetts Avenue
Transit: Green Line Hynes Convention center #1 Bus Stop at Commonwealth Ave
Description: Co-Owners Brian Piccini and Executive Chef Christopher Coombs are proud of their award winning Restaurant & Bar, Deuxave in the Back Bay. The inspiration behind the restaurant’s American Nouveau Cuisine is seasonality, with a focus on working with the finest farms and purveyors, sourcing out the freshest, local ingredients and amplifying their magnificence. The cuisine is strongly rooted in the nouvelle techniques of contemporary French cuisine, married with the splendor of American ingredients in a refined, but casual setting. Deuxave’s (pronounced doo-ave) name plays homage to its location at the corners of Commonwealth Ave and Massachusetts Ave.
Boston, Massachusetts
“Bolognese to change your life”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

Nice ambiance and a pretty view of back bay. Great service -- very attentive without hovering. But the real treat is the food. This is a great place for a special occasion, a business dinner or to celebrate with friends or family. Enjoy.

• Turkish first
San Antonio, Texas
“Just wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

We had dinner there Saturday night, and it was our first experience with Deuxave. But, I hope not our last. Everything was perfect - the food, the service, the ambience. I started with the tartare and carpaccio, while my son had one of the fois gras. Then we both had the breast of duck. Cooked perfectly, medium-rare. The rolls that were served were also excellent. Dessert for me was creme brulee, and my son had a chocolate thing. With drinks before and wine with dinner, the bill was not as expensive as we had anticipated. And I liked the layout of the restaurant. The tables are arranged in groups, so the noise level never gets too high. That's important to me, because I don't hear very well. But I had no problems.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Boston, Massachusetts
“Pretentious, some food marvellous”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

I think this is the most pretentious restaurant in the Boston area. Prices in line with pretentiousness. My friend and I were most tempted by the appetizers, and made dinner out of two appetizers plus the best onion soup I've had in many years. Being a birthday celebration, we ordered a dessert to share, each of us being quite sated by the dinner itself. I must say we both found the dessert strange and more like a collection of odd ingredients than a creative effort. It just didn't come together, and we left most of it untouched. The noise level of the location we asked to move to was lower than in most restaurants - a welcome bonus - but the first location was in the usual din. So do ask if you want to be able to listen to your meal-mate.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Maine
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

When visiting Boston, we decided to go to Deuxave BBC of a recommendation from a friend and the good reviews. It was a great experience! Our table got the duck, pasta bolognaise, and truffle pasta. Each were amazing! At first the dishes appeared small but the richness left us feeling very full. Very romantic setting. A table that was seated after us had arranged for red roses to be there upon arrival. Staff was very informative on the menu.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Montreal, Canada
“Excellent restaurant, food and staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

We went to Deuxave for a friend's birthday while visiting Boston and it was by far the best evening of our trip. We saw the review on Tripadvisor and we can confirm that this restaurant deserves to be no. 1 and I would recommand it anytime. The restaurant is chic, elegant but not too much and the food was excellent. The staff was always available to answer any questions and paid great attention to our requests.
We had the best server for our diner: Adam! If you have the chance to go to this restaurant and to be in his section, you won't regret it at all. He was part of the reason why we had such a nice time. He was really friendly and made great recommandation for wine and food. He made sure our diner at the restaurant was perfect! This is the type of restaurant where you can enjoy a nice and pleasant evening just eating, drinking and having a good time with friends, family or as a couple.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Deuxave? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Deuxave, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.