“Brilliance in Back Bay!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Deuxave is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 2,818 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: American, French, Contemporary
Good for: Bar scene, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Massachusetts Avenue
Transit: Green Line Hynes Convention center #1 Bus Stop at Commonwealth Ave
Description: Co-Owners Brian Piccini and Executive Chef Christopher Coombs are proud of their award winning Restaurant & Bar, Deuxave in the Back Bay. The inspiration behind the restaurant’s American Nouveau Cuisine is seasonality, with a focus on working with the finest farms and purveyors, sourcing out the freshest, local ingredients and amplifying their magnificence. The cuisine is strongly rooted in the nouvelle techniques of contemporary French cuisine, married with the splendor of American ingredients in a refined, but casual setting. Deuxave’s (pronounced doo-ave) name plays homage to its location at the corners of Commonwealth Ave and Massachusetts Ave.
dallas, tx
“Brilliance in Back Bay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

On the last night of our family vacation we ate at Deuxave in Boston. It was by far the best meal of our week long trip. They have an amazing wine list and great food to match. The service was perfect, not hovering but there when you needed them. The place is beautifully decorated yet still comfortable. We all ordered different entrees and everyone liked theirs. My husband had the duck, I had halibut, my son had steak and my daughter had salmon. Wish this was in our home town!

93% Recommend
Burlington, Vermont
“excellent food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

This is an enjoyable restaurant in the back bay area with summer out door seating as well as bar and bar table seating (In addition to the regular table seating). The service was fast and professional and the food was excellent. It wasn't inexpensive, but certainly not over the top for Boston either.

Houston, Texas
“Highly recommend the duck!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

We made a reservation here for our weekend in Boston and I'm glad we did as it gets quite busy! It is a nice restaurant for a romantic dinner for two. We recommend the duck confit for appetizer or the duck breast for appetizer and the creme brulee was delicious! I wouldn't recommend the watermelon cocktail but I decided to try the cocktail special of the night and it was very good. Our server Westley was very knowledgeable and friendly.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New York City, New York
“Fancy dinner with excellent food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

As recommended in tripadvisor i made a reservation for Saturday night and we had a wonderful time. The place is very fancy and romantic, and the food was delicious. we took the beat salad for starter which was delicious, and my BF took the onion soup which was very good. Than everyone had a stake and said it was delicious! I am a vegetarian so had to take the pasta (everything else had seafood in it) which was ok but not the best pasta i ever had. The dessert was amazing too (we took the chocolate one and the red fruit one). The meal was expensive (with wine etc) but we had a wonderful time

Visited August 2013
Memphis, Tennessee
“I'm a happy diner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

What a great experience I had at Deuxave! My husband and I are going to spend the month of September in France, and perhaps the choice of a French restaurant would be ill-advised. But a friend whose taste is similar to mine suggested it, saying I would love it.
I’d just been to visit my son’s family in down-state MA and took a couple of days in Boston, one of my favorite cities, to shop and eat.
When I went in, I told the gentleman at reception that I was alone and would be happy to eat wherever was convenient if they expected to be crowded. He very graciously told me wherever I wanted, so I chose the patio. Karen, my server, was equally gracious, taking my order for what was a perfectly prepared Kir.
The menu was really appealing but I rarely eat other than appetizers and the appetizers were so tempting that I had a hard time choosing. I finally narrowed my choice down to two and asked Karen to suggest wines. She suggested one for each dish that I probably would never have chosen but I must say, both were perfect.
One more touch which might not mean much in the whole scheme of things, is that the butter (from Normandy, I was told) that was served with the very nice crusty roll…it was room temperature (or street temperature, since I was on the patio), not hard and impossible to spread without smushing the bread.
I passed on dessert but when the check was presented, a small sticky gooey yummy square of chocolate goodness was presented.
This will absolutely go on my list of musts when we got back to Boston!