“fast fun” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Motorsport Lab

The Motorsport Lab
711 Atlantic Avenue, Boston, MA 02108 (Beacon Hill)
617-383-7655
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #16 of 174 Activities in Boston
More attraction details
Owner description: The Motorsport Lab is an experience agency dedicated to designing and implementing purposeful interactions and engagements through supercars for consumers and businesses. We offer exotic supercar driving experiences in Boston. We employ Ferraris and Aston Martins' as an experience for tourists to get a taste of their dream car. Additionally, we have City of Boston Driving Experience Tours where tourist/visitors can come and enjoy the city while driving their dream supercars.
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
“fast fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

this was a gift from my kids for my 66th birthday...the car was great as was the instructor ray...a lot of fun to ride with...instructions were easy to follow and let me bush the car to what i felt comfortable with...only problem is now i want one...have to win that lottery

Andover, Massachusetts
11 attraction reviews
“Fantastic time!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

My fiancee gave me the Ferrari Experience as a gift. As others have mentioned, the event was extremely well run. I've done some high-speed driving before, but Scott, my instructor, was fantastic in both the level of his knowledge and his ability to communicate it. I had an absolute blast and hope to do this again soon!!!

Newfields, New Hampshire
“Wonderful Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

OK, so I'd like to take a few minutes to say how great this experience was.
First, lets get a few things straight: This is not an opportunity to drive a $220k+ on an open track and pedal-to-the-medal. They tell you this on the site, and also when you arrive (and give you the chance to opt out if you didnt know!). This is an agility challenge on an autocross track.
I have raced autocross (albeit in the distant past) so I knew EXACTLY what to expect.
For those of you who dont know, autocross is small-track, high intensity racing. Its about precision and time, not just speed.
When you arrive you will usually be directed to tents. The day I went it was raining, so the checkin WAS in the entryway of the ladies restroom. Its not like you're standing around toilets or anything, its an entryway that could look like just a room if there wasnt a sign. Trust me, its hardly an issue.
Before you drive you get to learn about the cars and the track. You learn about throttle control, proper cornering,and what you should expect on an autocross track.
You first lap will be with your driving sherpa in control. THIS is a very good thing, you see the track, can see his line, and try to emulate it. YOUR first lap in control will be a low speed lap. Its a new car to most people, and its very easy to lose control! So you take a low speed lap, learn the turns, then its all about improvement. You push the car a little harder your second lap, and your 3rd lap you should be a nice fast turn.
My recommendation: buy the extra 3 laps for $99. My lap 6 was INTENSE. squealing tyres, proper lines, maybe 75% of what the sherpa was able to do.
And to the people that didnt want to tip... SERIOUSLY?!?! are you that cheap that you'll shell out money to drive a car that 1% of us can afford and not tip the driver? Weak and selfish really.
And just so you know: 1) the car will be in automatic, but you will almost NEVER need the second gear. It will keep you from over-revving the engine and you can focus on the cornering. 2) if you go on a day when it is raining DO NOT CANCEL! Its even more fun to try this course when wet. Anyone can drive a supercar on dry pavement.
This was everthing I expected and more. Yes, its only about an hour start to finish, but its one wild ride for an hour! A+ experience!

New Hampshire
3 attraction reviews
“Forget what you see on Yelp”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I received the Ferrari driving experience at the NH Motor Speedway for my birthday from my wife. I started looking at the reviews on yelp and I got really nervous. I then saw many positive reviews on TripAdvisor so it put my mind at ease a bit since I noticed many more positives here. The Groupon is a bit misleading as to what track you would be driving on,which they apologized for. I myself thought I would be racing around the track. Instead it is an agility course. It is made out that the experience was going to be an hour but it really wasn't. There is an informative session first which details the two cars used and also a safety lesson for the course. You then inspect the car for any damage. The two instructors (Scott and Ray) were very nice and quite informative about the cars. When we first got there, they offered those not driving (spouses) to go on a "hot lap" where they speed around the course. My wife loved it and it kept the spouses involved instead of just watching the husbands drive around. So after the inspection, I sat in the passenger seat while my Sherpa Ray drove me around the course at full speed. It was INSANE how these cars handle. Total adrenaline rush! It was now my turn. The first time was more instructional, showing where to gun it, when to brake and when to turn. I felt more comfortable going through the second time at high speed. By the third lap I was ready to sell the house and buy a Ferrari. I would love to get a job with this group so I could drive these cars all the time. The only downside is the number of laps. Three laps just isn't enough since the first one is a slow paced lap to get the feel of it. I think five laps would be a better number as there was still time left in the hour. This is the only reason why I gave it four stars. If you are looking at some of the negative reviews, don't get nervous. One big one is the 6500rpm limit. It says you will get charged $2500 if you go above it. Don't worry, unless you are driving insane, you will not hit this. Another thing is the gratuity. There were so many that were upset about this. There really wasn't any pressure to give a tip unless you really wanted to. At no time did I see either instructor put their hand out looking for money nor did they verbally ask for one.

Stratham, New Hampshire
16 attraction reviews
“Fun and an adrenalin buzz at the Groupon price point”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

I read the Trip Advisor reviews the night before my drive. Yes this was my mistake. Clearly there are people who love it and some who were very disappointed. I'll try to be fair.

#1 - Read the 15 page release the moment they confirm your reservation. If it bothers you, ask for a refund. After I got over the shock, I realized they have to protect themselves from wackos.
I paid for the paint protection only ($20). But even that was unnecessary. Unless you plan to drive so hard and out of control that you are blasting over the cones. The cars go fast, stop fast, and corner fast. And that was in the pouring rain! Not hard to stay in the lane.
#2 - Yes asking for a tip based on the retail value is cheesy. (If I had paid the retail price, I would have been VERY unhappy, for three laps around the parking lot.) I did not pay the recommended tip, but what I felt was appropriate and did not get any grief.
#3 - I and other drivers appeared to be happy with the experience. But I only drove an hour from my home to get there. Patch it into a weekend leaf peeping tour if you are coming from farther.
#4 - Rides for companions! This is one of the best parts. They get one lap around as a rider with an instructor at full speed. It costs them (the riders and the company) nothing and is a huge hit. Woooo!
#5 - Three laps is short, but how much adrenalin do you need?
#6 - Instructor was very good.