“Service almost outshines the spectacular food” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Menton

Menton
354 Congress St, Ste 101, Boston, MA 02210-1295 (South Boston)
617-737-0099
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Menton is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 2,846 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: French, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: South Boston
Cross street: A Street
“Service almost outshines the spectacular food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

Which is a tough thing to do at this place. I wandered past this walking to hotel from a conference and was drawn in by the Relais & Chateau emblem on the door. I thought it was a hotel as I didn't realize they badged restaurants as well. Was I in for a pleasant surprise! Amazing dining experience. You must visit to experience. I dined alone, which is usually not the most enjoyable dining experience but the excellent service made this one of the best meals in recent memory.

• Visited August 2014

Squantum, Massachusetts
“Exceeded expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

I really didn't want to go. It was for a friends birthday that we went in a small group. I am sorry I waited so long to eat here. It was probably the best meal I ever ate. The service is beyond fabulous, I felt as if I were eating at a friend's house, an extremely good cook and friend. From beginning to end the meal was perfect in every way. I have some constraints as to some foods I cannot eat and they made special courses just for me so I didn't have to forego anything. The flavors and preparation of each course was executed such that I had a feast of taste, texture and visual perfection. What a treat! I now want to go there for MY birthday!

• Visited December 2013
old saybrook, ct
“one the best experiences we've ever had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

the tasting menu albeit expensive was sensational. The blend of Italian sensibilty with French farmhouse proteins was excellent. we will be back soon

• Visited July 2014
Dallas, Texas
“Menton is Marvelous !!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

I had heard that Menton was one of the finest restaurants in the world. Having been to some of them (French Laundry (Ca.), Noma (Copenhagen) Le Louis XV( Monte Carlo), and most of the 5 star restaurants in NYC, I felt safe in choosing it for my husband's special 60th birthday dinner. I cannot say enough about the food and service. It was superb from start to finish. The service is professional and courteous evertyhing is flawlessly executed.

Visited May 2014
Newton, Massachusetts
“Expensive but average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

We dined at Menton last night and ordered the Prix Fixe and were underwhelmed. The appertifs, which were cute, were not really that special. The pork had a cutlet that could have been out of a freezer and the texture of the vegetable mixture under the lobster resembled more of the rocks upon which the lobster would sit in the water. The flavors were fine but completely ordinary. My husband had the quail which, while over salted, was actually quite good and perhaps the best part of the meal. Even the desserts did not wow us. The bread selection along with the butter, however, was quite tasty. My table, which between the four of us sampled practically the entire menu, left with a very hefty bill of over $600 but were really disappointed with the quality of the meal.

• Visited July 2014