“Delicious” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bistro du Midi

Bistro du Midi
272 Boylston St, Boston, MA 02116 (Back Bay)
617-426-7878
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro du Midi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #111 of 2,704 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: French, Seafood, Contemporary, Bistro
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Doing business
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Back Bay
Cross street: Arlington
Transit: Bistro du Midi sits directly across from Boston's Public Garden half a block from the Arlington T station on the Green Line, on the outskirts of the fabulous Back Bay neighborhood.
Boston, Massachusetts
“Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

The food was outstanding. However, it was extremely loud and we practically had to shout across the table which really was too wide for conversation between the four couples. It was a Saturday night so I'm assuming that it's not as loud during the week. Only other negative was that the server spilled a little of my beet salad which I thought landed safely on my napkin but alas and alack it got on my silk shirt. Hopefully the dry cleaner can get it out...

Visited January 2013

Massachusetts
“Good food and great view of Public Garden”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

Definitely an occasion restaurant with very good food, service, ambiance and view of the Boston Public Garden. With the second floor location of the dining room you can look over to the Public Garden without being blocked by the street scene if one were on the first floor ( which has the reception plus a bar and cafe). We liked that the dining room was warm with a nice fire place on a cold winter night. The noise level was energetic but still allowed for easy conversation at the table. Food was very good, the ratatouille was the best ever, the wine list was very good and the service was as should be in a fine restaurant , good from entry to departure. We would go back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Brookline, Massachusetts
“Great Welcome to the New Year”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

My wife and I spent our New Year's eve in downtown Boston at the First Night celebration. We made a late dinner reservation at Bistro du Midi to eat, celebrate, and ring in the New Year. I found the experience outstanding and the staff accommodating.

We arrive at our designated reservation time and were immediately seated in a small room away from the crowd. We ordered our Champagne Kir Royals. Shortly afterwards, a large private party entered an adjoining private room and began a very loud celebration a with whoops and hollers. While we were in a holiday spirit, this put a damper on our romantic evening. The waiter, observing our discomfort, brought the manager and arranged to move us to another table. It was this level to detail that made our evening so special. They were very much concerned about our comfort.

The fixed price meal was outstanding. We are light eaters and the menu played into our style of dining. Small manageable portions with a variety of options. I chose the beet salad, octopus appetizer, and monk fish. My wife chose the beet salad, shrimp, and Loup de Mer.

There were options for froi gras and a white truffle appetizer, but opted for the lighter options. This was hard for me because I love froi gras.

The courses were cooked to perfection and served directly after preparation. They came at a slow leisurely pace similar to the restaurants and cafes of Paris. While some might complain about this drawn out service, we expected it and were not let down.

The service was friendly, attentive, and helpful.

We ended our meal with a cappuccino and small desserts. At midnight, the restaurant provided champagne, hats, and noise makers.

In the spirit of first night, we rode the T both ways. Our ride home was on a lightly loaded car sans inebriated revelers.

Thanks Bistro du Midi for providing an enjoyable evening.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Boston, Massachusetts
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Great food, great atmosphere, great service! We had the roasted chicken for two. It sounds like a plain dish but it was anything but. It is an entire chicken cooked to order so it takes time but it was juicy and full of flavor. Well worth the wait.

Visited January 2013
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“A very good French Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We went to the Bisto on my birthday. The food was First Class and service was very good. The food was well presented and small servings instead of heaped plates of food. The bread basket was superb bread served with olive oil, nice. I had the Pork Belly which was served with Lentils, I said I didnt like Lentils could I have whatever the chef seemed appropriate. My course was served with ratatouille which was an excellent choice. My dessert was to die for and they had written in Chocolate Happy Birthday. Wonderful food,wonderful evening. Thank you x

• Visited January 2013