“Great place, lovely host, perfect location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Montgomery Place

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Montgomery Place
You added Montgomery Place to your Saves list
Montgomery St at Dartmouth St, Boston, MA 02116 (South End)   |
Ranked #2 of 14 Specialty Lodging in Boston
New York City, New York
“Great place, lovely host, perfect location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2011

I stayed here with my girlfriend for 3 nights in September.

The room itself was lovely - really nicely done up and much more homely than a hotel, very clean and provided us a great base before walking all over Boston.

The location is great, Back Bay is lovely area and it is really easy to walk to almost everywhere you could want to go in Boston (Freedom Trail and central Boston one way, the Prudential and on to Fenway Park the other).

Finally Kathe was great, really helpful and friendly when we asked her questions and left us alone when we didn't - perfect!

All in all I couldn't recommend this place enough if you are considering a stay in Boston!

Room Tip: We stayed in the room by the front door - this was fine as the road is very quiet and actually means...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

I stayed 5 nights in the room # 2 / queen bed and private bahtroom en suite near the front door. Room was very cosy, clean, confortable and quiet. Minor drawback for the bathroom: I am a bit tall (1m92), and I found the sink rather small and not easy to use due to the cabinet just above it. Had all the needed things to have my breakfast in the kitchenette.
Room is very well located in a quiet and nice area and about only 5 min walk from the subway. Lots of restaurant in the area.
Thanks very much to Kathe for her help and her welcome. She was a very nice hostess. A place to recommend

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Galesville, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

We had a lovely two nights @ Montgomery Place. The breakfasts were delightful - lots of fruit & even special attention to my gluten-free needs. Our daughter & granddaughter were in the room above us. It was very special for all of us to be on Montgomery Street where my Dad lived as a child (@ #40). The McKennas were super hosts, even found my diamond bracelet that I misplaced and are mailing it back to me!! John rode to the parking garage with me (where we left our car) and walked me back to the B&B. He also helped my handicapped husband down the steps when we first arrived. We had SO MUCH special attention. Thank you, Kathe, John and helper Terry!
Ann & Fred

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Green Bay
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011

Although our stay was short, (2 nights) we couldn't have been more pleased with our accommodations. Kathe, the host was always available for information, recommendations or directions. It's conveniently located in a very quiet neighborhood, easily accessible to shopping and public transportation. The room was very private and comfortable. The restroom was only one step out the lockable bedroom door. The continental breakfast was very good. I have absolutely nothing to mention that could have been improved upon. I will definately stay here on my next visit to Boston. There was one dissapointment....the cats mentioned in the discription that Tripadvisor has posted were not at this B&B any longer.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2011 via mobile

Montgery Place was simple to find, just a short walk from Back Bay station. The hostess, Kathe, met us at the door and made sure we were settled. Our room was "downstairs" off the street and included a huge and very comfortable King Size bed. The bathroom was just into the hallway, through a lockable door. The place is very secure and accessible to both public transport with Back Bay and Copley Sq station which is on the busy Green line, only minutes away. There are some lovely cages nearby on Tremont St as well.

• Stayed April 2011
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2011

I stayed for 4 nights at Montgomery Place and had a fab time. Kathe & John made me most welcome helping with carparking arrangements and informtion. Being from England, I preferred to walk (yes, even to Cambridge village!) so can't comment on the local transport connections but there was plenty of things to do and top restaurants to eat at in walking distance. I must mention C & G's seafood restaurant and Terri who looked after me in particular. The food was outstanding and the fixed price menu made it very affordable ( I had to go back a 2nd time despite paying full price, it was so good). The service was the best in my 3 weeks in the US and the atmosphere was attentive, friendly, bustling and right on the mark - keep it up. A lovely city to spend time in and this area in particular was a real treat

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2010

we stayed 3 nights in this b&b as a part of our roundtrip visiting Boston, NY, Philly and Washington (by public transport). this b&b is an excellent address with a friendly host who gave us some interesting tips to visit boston and some good restaurant tips (eg Francesca's close to the b&b) . it's located in a quiet neighbourhood close to public transport (T and trainstation). the room is spacious and nicely decorated; the host served us a healthly and delicious breakfast at the time we required. we recommend this place !

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Montgomery Place? Share your experiences!