“Great location, good service” 4 of 5 stars

Ames Boston Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Court Street, Boston, MA 02108   |
Ranked #36 of 77 Hotels in Boston
USA
“Great location, good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2010

Stayed four nights - considering the location and that there was construction outside, the external noise was minimal - problem was internal noise. Agree with other comments on banging doors and elevator noise - particularly bad when housekeeping starts working the floor in the morning (I was on business and they woke me up even with my having appts and getting up at reasonable hours).

Overall - the room was clean and comfortable, appreciated that the windows opened for some fresh air - gave it a European feeling that I don't often find at US hotels. Very easy to get to most locations by foot or public transport - even a rental car location just blocks away for excursions. Staff were polite and helpful.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
NinaSweet, Manager at Ames Boston Hotel, responded to this review, June 16, 2010
Thank you for your stay and for your review! Our location really is the best, everything is so close! You can be anywhere in Boston in a matter of minutes. I’m glad that you liked the windows too! It’s so great to get fresh air into your room at the end of a long day, isn’t it? Please let me know when you’re coming back to Boston at nina.sweet@morganshotelgroup.com so that I can handle your reservations!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2010

As of today the Ames is the only hotel I'll use in Boston.

The other reviews are spot-on, but I would stress three things. First, the hotel staff is exceedingly well trained with a strong focus on customer service and courtesy. Better than I got at the Four Seasons. Second, the location is beyond convenient. We could walk to all our meetings and for others, both cabs and transit are available right outside. Third, the building is beautiful. The Morgans group did an impressive job preserving the natural beauty of a very old office building.

I'm really surprised that its ranking on tripadvisor isn't higher. I think it's the best.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
I love it! Thank you very much for your awesome comments about our team and our fabulous design! I can’t wait to welcome you back again and again. Please contact me at nina.sweet@morganshotelgroup.com when you are back in town. You have a home in Boston now!
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2010

Ames was a new experience to me. having been a loyal client to the Morgan group for many years, I finally made it to theior new property in Boston last week.
A wonderful exoerience; for me as a seasoned business traveller but also someone who likes e great 'treat' I found the Ames to be of outstanding quality, and the rooms and facilities to be world class.
Strong recommend!
Ulf Lindgren
Professor of Strategy & Dean Lorange Business School
Zurich

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
NinaSweet, Manager at Ames Boston Hotel, responded to this review, June 9, 2010
Thank you Dr. Lindgren! It’s great to know that you enjoyed our new addition to the Morgans family! Hurry back! Please contact me at nina.sweet@morganshotelgroup.com so that I can arrange everything for you. Have safe travels!
Bristow, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2010

My husband and I had a wonderful stay at the Ames. Everyone we encountered at the hotel was extremely friendly, especially John, one of the greeters/bellman and the bartender, whose name, unfortunately, we did not remember. Our room was immaculate, as was the hotel itself. It was also, very conveniently located to everthing-the Freedom Trail, Quincy Market and the subway.

My only complaint would be no coffee pot in the room or in the lobby, but the restaurant provided coffee every morning, without charge, which was nice.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends, and in fact, already have.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
NinaSweet, Manager at Ames Boston Hotel, responded to this review, June 9, 2010
Thank you for recommending us, and for taking the time to review us! I’m thrilled that you had a great time with us, and can’t wait for you to come back! Contact me when you or your friends are back in Boston at nina.sweet@morganshotelgroup.com.
Jersey City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2010

Great new hotel in Boston - perfect location near Boston Common. Beautiful rooms and nice amenities in the room. Room service menu is creative and delicious. Staff was hugely attentive and on top of things. The bar area can get a bit scene-y, so you probably don't want your grandmother staying here. But its a great choice for a solo or couple traveling.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
NinaSweet, Manager at Ames Boston Hotel, responded to this review, June 9, 2010
Thank you very much! I hope you’ll come back to us soon, and when you do please let me know at nina.sweet@morganshotelgroup.com and I’ll take care of your booking!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2010

I had a wonderful 3 night stay. Staff were very friendly and attentive, without being obtrusive. The room was well appointed with lovely finishes- the mini bar was extremely well stocked. The hotel is close to the Marketplace, Faneuil Hall etc. and within walking distance to pretty well everything I wanted. The hop-on hop-off bus tours stop at the front door, very convenient. The 'hash' dishes on the breakfast menu are highly recommended...who doesn't want to start their day with 'lobster and leek'? And, it would have to be the best breakfast coffee I've been served in the States.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
NinaSweet, Manager at Ames Boston Hotel, responded to this review, June 5, 2010
Thanks for your comments! Next time you come back you’ll have to try the sourdough pancakes...so yummy! Let me know if I can help you with any future bookings at nina.sweet@morganshotelgroup.com!
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2010

The Ames Hotel was the highlight of my weekend away to Boston. With a stylish interior it is perfectly located across the street from State T station. The bar/restaurant was packed every night we were there with hotel guests and the after work crowd. The fitness centre, although small, was perfect for my daily cardio workouts. The hotel room was so luxurious and comfortable - I couldn't wait to return to the hotel everyday!

A special thanks goes out to Nina and Charles for making my fiance's birthday a memorable day. I cannot express how grateful I am for their efforts.

I will definitely stay at Ames if I return to Boston.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
NinaSweet, Manager at Ames Boston Hotel, responded to this review, June 3, 2010
Happy Birthday again to Mr. Ewok! I so thrilled that you and your fiancé enjoyed your weekend with us; it was so fun to plan it with you! Whenever you and your soon-to-be husband come back (honeymoon maybe?), please let me know so that I can take care of you again at nina.sweet@morganshotelroup.com!

Been to Ames Boston Hotel? Share your experiences!