“Love it” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #35 of 77 hotels in Boston
Cleveland, Ohio
“Love it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2010

This is a perfectly priced hotel, and very chic, the staff (outside of the cleaning staff) are amazing and helpful... Its only down fall are the occasional "price-line" customer which has no clue and would be better off at a best western.... This is a hip hotel, for cool urbanites that are in Boston to see the town, paint it red, and look fabulous while doing it. People with kid's and bed times don't belong and should stay somewhere else. You want to see and be seen here, and not with diapers. The last thing, and I mean this, I want to see in a hotel of this caliper is a family with unruly brats. That said, would you please sort out the maid staff and get the rooms freshened before I get back after being gone for 24 hours .. fix those two things and you have the best hotel for the money in Boston... (NO MORE PRICE LINE)

NinaSweet, Manager at Ames Boston Hotel, responded to this review, June 5, 2010
I’m glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us, and I hope you had the chance to paint the town red while you were here! Let me know if I can help you out with future reservations here or at any of our other Morgans properties in New York, San Francisco, LA, London, or Miami at nina.sweet@morganshotelgroup.com.

729 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2010

So maybe it is me! I booked this hotel through Priceline decent rate for a 4 star (love the Taj however). Called on my way to the Ames from Acadia and asked specifically for a room away from the elevator. It took me 30 minutes to find the place beacuse there is no sign - when I called to get help the staff told me that it is a historic building - therefore no sign - please spare me! Once I arrived, the woman I spoke to informed me that my room was located in front of the elevator. And I actually spoke to her on the phone. Strike two! All i wanted was a quiet night. I was accommodated to a corner room on the top floor and the kitchen did provide me tea and toast at 11 pm tho no knife for the butter.!! At 3 am my next door neighbors came home and slammed the door twice and I kid you not - slammed. The doors are slammy anyway. That is certainly something they can correct. Went back to sleep and decided to dine in at the hotel - what a disaster - no one is in a hurry to help - From the time I was seated to the time i left it was 25 minutes - no food. I said that it felt like I was sitting there for 30 minutes and the waiter said no it was not it was 10-15 minutes! Actually it was 25 minutes. They were doing a photo shoot and the food for the photo shoot took precedence. That really sums up my opinion of the place - all about them not about the guest. The front desk person apologized and said that she was taking my tea off the bill and last laugh on me it was on my final bill after all. All flash and no cache! Loved the TAJ!!! Service extraordinaire!

Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
NinaSweet, Manager at Ames Boston Hotel, responded to this review, May 19, 2010
I’m sorry to hear that you didn’t enjoy your experience with us. I’m happy that we were able to upgrade you and accommodate you in a corner room, and I apologize that your neighbors were inconsiderate in the wee hours of the morning. We tried our best to accommodate you in Woodward; sometimes a request from off the menu may take more than 15 minutes. I did attempt to remove any Woodward charges from your folio but I see that they were already removed. I’d love to invite you back, but in your own words we may not be the right fit for you. Please feel free to contact me if I can ever be of any assistance at nina.sweet@morganshotelgroup.com
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2010

Our trip to Boston was made better as a result of our Ames stay. The staff bent over backwards to accomodate our every need. The location was fabulous the rooms were spacious and comfortable and a great TV. The front desk and concierge were able to make great restaurant recomendations.

• Stayed May 2010
NinaSweet, Manager at Ames Boston Hotel, responded to this review, May 18, 2010
Wow! Thank you thank you thank you! I’m so glad to hear that your visit to our little city was made better by staying here! We really try to make everyone feel special, and I’m so glad that you felt that way. Please email me next time you’re in Boston! Nina.sweet@morganshotelgroup.com

The service was excellent
The room clean and minimal we found everything ok
Location Location Locatin It was unbelievably convenient to every where we wanted to go!
Loved the young college age doormen very friendly and helpful.
Parking was expensive @ the hotel but there is a lot close by that is a little cheaper
I didn’t care for the bar area it was very very noisy and crowded.

NinaSweet, Manager at Ames Boston Hotel, responded to this review, May 18, 2010
Thank you very much! I’m glad you enjoyed your stay and that you were able to visit the entire city! Being in the middle of everything certainly has its perks! Please let me know when you’re coming back and I’ll help you with your future bookings! Nina.sweet@morganshotelgroup.com
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2010

The Ames was a wonderful little hotel- such a nice switch from the huge impersonal ones. The entire staff from the front desk to the restaurant staff, cleaning people, door guys, and concierge were super friendly and helpful. Ames is in walking distance to everything. Without second thought I will stay there next time I'm in Boston!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
NinaSweet, Manager at Ames Boston Hotel, responded to this review, May 18, 2010
We can’t wait for you to come back! Thank you for your review and comments about our staff. Let me know if I can ever be of assistance at nina.sweet@morganshotelgroup.com
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2010

This place is just wonderful. The staff is so accommodating and the rooms are really smart and modern. It made for such a nice stay in Boston. I can't recommend it enough. It is a steal on Priceline.com.

NinaSweet, Manager at Ames Boston Hotel, responded to this review, May 12, 2010
Your review is wonderful! Thank you so much! I’m so happy that you had a fabulous stay here with us. I hope it won’t be too long until your next one, and that you’ll be back soon. Please contact me so that I can take care of your booking myself! Nina.sweet@morganshotelgroup.com
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2010

Hotel in a safe and easy to get around Boston position. All staff were warm and friendly,nothing was too much trouble.There was an eclectic mix of guests. The restaurant and bar had a positive buzz. The room was excellent and lounge areas were small but inviting.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
NinaSweet, Manager at Ames Boston Hotel, responded to this review, May 12, 2010
Thank you for your review! We do have such an amazing location; right in the center of the city with so much to see and do! Please let me know when you’re back in Boston and I’ll handle your reservations personally! Email me at nina.sweet@morganshotelgroup.com

Been to Ames Boston Hotel? Share your experiences!