So maybe it is me! I booked this hotel through Priceline decent rate for a 4 star (love the Taj however). Called on my way to the Ames from Acadia and asked specifically for a room away from the elevator. It took me 30 minutes to find the place beacuse there is no sign - when I called to get help the staff told me that it is a historic building - therefore no sign - please spare me! Once I arrived, the woman I spoke to informed me that my room was located in front of the elevator. And I actually spoke to her on the phone. Strike two! All i wanted was a quiet night. I was accommodated to a corner room on the top floor and the kitchen did provide me tea and toast at 11 pm tho no knife for the butter.!! At 3 am my next door neighbors came home and slammed the door twice and I kid you not - slammed. The doors are slammy anyway. That is certainly something they can correct. Went back to sleep and decided to dine in at the hotel - what a disaster - no one is in a hurry to help - From the time I was seated to the time i left it was 25 minutes - no food. I said that it felt like I was sitting there for 30 minutes and the waiter said no it was not it was 10-15 minutes! Actually it was 25 minutes. They were doing a photo shoot and the food for the photo shoot took precedence. That really sums up my opinion of the place - all about them not about the guest. The front desk person apologized and said that she was taking my tea off the bill and last laugh on me it was on my final bill after all. All flash and no cache! Loved the TAJ!!! Service extraordinaire!
- Also Known As:
- Ames - a Morgans Original Hotel Boston
- Ames - a Morgans Original Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ames, located in the beautiful and historic Ames building, inspires both modern style and old world sophistication. An experience rich with elegant interpretations, Ames is ideally located near historic Faneuil Hall and Beacon Hill. Boasting a vibrant restaurant and bar offering an atmosphere that is at once refined and playful, a state-of-the art fitness center and suites accented by dramatic, Romanesque arched windows and original fireplaces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Tablet Hotels, Splendia, Otel, Priceline, getaroom.com, Amex, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Ames Boston Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.