This is my second stay ar the Ames and I love it. I prefer hardwood floors over carpets and I like a clean, minimalistic, non frou frou look. The grey colors of the paint combined with sparkling white works wonderfully. The bed is great, a nice white and crisp duvet is always a must have for me, along with fluffy pillows. I bring my owm but it is not really necessary. I do have to list some concerns. After using some of the hair/body products in the morning, I will put them away so I can get a new set the next day for my niece back home. When I stayed here Last year housekeeping forgot to replenish them so I had to call the front desk. This year, exactly the same. There was nothing when I got to my room last night. They did bring some when i called but they forgot the soaps (did not ask him to go back) and had replaced my favorite matin + goetz shower gel and peppermint shampoo with a generic Morgan hotel one - I was very disappointed becauseci love this shampoo. After the guy left and I wanted to wash my face, I realized that housekeeping forgot to replenish the wash cloth so I had to make another call. Then a quick call out about the shower. Nice and big but it took forever to get the right temperature water and the pressure was dismal. Oh, one last thing. I bring my own pillow an both pillow and my two piece pjs were neatly placed on my bed when I left in the morning but when I came back last night both pillow were rolled up an stuffed next to my bed table on the floor. I was very upset about that because it is not very hygienic. I had planned to come back next time but based on this latest I'm not so sure. The shampoo thing seems so trivial to some but the kinds of products a hotel carries does weigh into decision whether or not I will stay in a particular hotel.
J.Emerson, room 1507
- Also Known As:
- Ames - a Morgans Original Hotel Boston
- Ames - a Morgans Original Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ames, located in the beautiful and historic Ames building, inspires both modern style and old world sophistication. An experience rich with elegant interpretations, Ames is ideally located near historic Faneuil Hall and Beacon Hill. Boasting a vibrant restaurant and bar offering an atmosphere that is at once refined and playful, a state-of-the art fitness center and suites accented by dramatic, Romanesque arched windows and original fireplaces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Splendia, Tingo, Otel, Agoda, Priceline, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your Ames Boston Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.