“Ames is Amazing!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #37 of 77 Hotels in Boston
New York
“Ames is Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

Amazing hotel in an Amazing City... Having read the reviews about this hotel and seeing the pictures, we booked it! It was our 1st anniversary trip and 1st trip to Boston... I emailed Nina Sweet.... (Her last name says it all)... Upon arriving at 10:30 AM our room was ready and upgraded to the most amazing room I ever stayed in. The hotel is very modern / chic and very clean. The staff is very helpful and attentive. The hotel is centrally located... Few steps from Quincy Market, the North End and downtown Boston.

In addition to the upgrade Nina also had a bottle of champagne sent to the room!

Classy hotel, classy staff and Nina is a class act!

Def going back!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
NinaSweet, Manager at Ames Boston Hotel, responded to this review, September 26, 2011
Aww thank you so much! I'm glad to have been of assistance to you! I hope you had a romantic anniversary with us, and I hope you come back for many more!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011 via mobile

We took a chance with a last minute reservation through the "HotelTonight" app (very good btw). The Ames exceeded our expectations in every category. Clean, spacious and beautiful room and bath. The staff was very friendly esp. the concierge who easily determined the best places to dine near our venue. The bed was so comfortable that I did not want to leave. The bathroom is very cool (!) with the shower wall made of glass which overlooks the bedroom (if u keep the sheer curtain open)... Definitely will be visiting the Ames again...

• Stayed September 2011
Excellent! I love that you enjoyed your stay. Sometimes last minute deals are the best! I can't wait to have you back again; email me at nina dot sweet at morganshotelgroup dot com if you need help booking a future stay with us!
NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2011

Stayed at the Ames for the night, definitely would stay again. It's in a great location and not too far to get to via the subway from the airport. The room was modern and nicely designed just like I like it. The only slight complain I would have is the tub in the bathroom was ridiculously high! You really have to step up to get into the bath tub. The decor in the rooms was lovely, very modern and sleek. Rooms were very clean and the bath products offered were nice. A plus is the free wi-fi service which I didn't have any problems using.
Had breakfast in the hotel restaurant which was quite good. Staff was friendly.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Thank you so much for staying with us! I'm so glad that you enjoyed yoru stay and will definitely be back. We do have rooms that do not have tubs if you found them to be a bit high. Please email me at nina dot sweet at morganshotelgroup dot com if I can ever help you making future reservations!
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

We had a great stay at this hotel. Very modern and walking distance to everything. There is a subway stop just behind the hotel but we didn't use it as everything is so close. The room was a good size and very nice and bathroom modern and clean. The staff were friendly and provided great tips for places to eat. I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to stay in Boston.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Thanks so much! I'm so happy that you found our location convenient and the room comfortable. I hope you got a good feel for our fair city while you were here with us. Please let me know if I can ever help you with future reservations! You can email me at nina dot sweet at morganshotelgroup dot com.
Paris, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

Hotel very design and cozy, very well located. However the services are very poor. No one came to clean the room (at least do the bed), the only thing they did was to replace a bottle of water (a 8 USD!!!)... When I told this to the reception, they looked surprised but did nothing.
Restauration services (for breakfast) are very expensive and not up the standards. You're better off going somewhere else. I ended up with orange juice all over me as the server drop it in the middle of the table.
It is a shame that the services are not up the standard of the hotel, which is really nice. Management should improve on this point.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Thank you for your stay and for your review. I'm so sorry to hear that your room was not serviced and that you felt our breakfast offerings were not up to par. I'm not quite sure what happened without knowing more specific details, so if you'd like to talk more, please feel free to email me at nina dot sweet at morganshotelgroup dot com. I hope to hear from you soon!
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

no sign up front, a quiet treat! in the heart of the financial district, so close to logan airport...
wonderful beds, great room, special treat was a make-up area with perfect lighting.
fabulous breakfast before leaving for the airport!!
would DEFINITELY go back!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Thank you! I'm so glad you were pleasantly surprised by us. Please come back soon!
Philadelphia, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011 via mobile

This is by far one of my favorite hotels to stay at, not only in Boston but anywhere. I travel to Boston for work but have also chosen this hotel when traveling on my own dime. Rooms are a good size and decorated well. Comfy beds, great shower. The staff is friendly and helpful if you need directions or recommendations. You also great great bath products and on occasion I've been surprised by cookies and milk delivered to my room!

• Stayed March 2011
Fabulous! Thank you so much for your frequent stays with us, and for reviewing us on Trip Advisor. Please let me know if there is anything that we can ever do to make you more comfortable. If you need assistance booking your future reservations, please let me know and email me at nina dot sweet at morganshotelgroup dot com. Welcome back!

Been to Ames Boston Hotel? Share your experiences!