“Good location, Mega room great for family” 4 of 5 stars

Book Early and Save
Ranked #30 of 77 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
West Hartford, Connecticut
“Good location, Mega room great for family”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Family of 4 spent a night at the W and had plenty of room in a Mega corner room. We were able to walk to all of the sights we wanted to visit -- nice, central location. Views weren't great but the room was spacious and clean.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
MGabree, Director of Operations at W Boston, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Thanks for the fab review. Couldn't agree more - our MEGA rooms are perfect for families. They offer more room than our Wonderful Rooms, and have great natural light too. See you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

W Lounge Boston, is the lobby bar for W Hotel in the theatre district. My husband and I stop in occasionally when visiting the theatre, before we hit nearby Chinatown, or before going to the movies down the street. The cocktails are wonderful and if the bartenders make a recommendation, take it. They surprise me every time. This last time, the sushi suggestion was outstanding. Then the bartender offered us a sample of grapefruit vodka, two things I absolutely hate. Two negatives apparently do make a positive, because it was wonderful.

The door is flat and easy to open, although most of the time you don't get the chance because there is someone there to open it for you. To the left is Market, the W Hotel restaurant. To the right is lounge seating. Straight down the ramp is access to the bar and the restrooms. The restrooms are completely accessible and there is a changing table. The bar is regular height but you can usually squeeze in without issue. In the lounge area, there are low seats that can be moved for comfort and even when it is packed, I feel comfortable moving around in my wheelchair.

Overall Rating: Wheelsup!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for the "wheelsup!" rating, Lisa. Hope to see you and your Husband again soon.

Cheers!
Matt
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the W this past Saturday night and had a fantastic time. It’s located in a great area in the heart of the theatre district. We had a prompt and pleasant greeting upon arrival and the ongoing service was exceptional. Special mention goes out to Harry, Jillian, Caroline and Loren. They all went out of their way to make sure that our stay was perfect. We will visit again and recommend the W Boston to anyone.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are quiet, large and lots of natural light.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
MGabree, Director of Operations at W Boston, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Thanks for the fab review, Derek! We're blessed to be in a great location in an awesome city but as you mentioned - the Talent make the difference. See you again soon.
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

We take an annual trip to Boston during the summer and this is the 2nd time we stayed at the W Boston. We stayed in a corner room which was VERY nice. The room overlooked the roadway towards the front of the hotel. The room was clean, chic and was just great. The hotel is located in a great place, everything is within walking distance or a short cab ride away. We used the free car ride they offer using the newest Acura vehicles. I used the gym located on the 4th floor. There are free weights, some machines and treadmills. The only complaint I would have about the gym is they should have a universal machine that you can weight train on. They should copy the gym at the W Ft. Lauderdale. The lobby is a nice place to hangout and have a few drinks at night. The prices are a bit too high, but other than that it's a nice relaxing place to sit and have a drink. Overall this hotel is a great place to stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
"Awesome Hotel" - Awesome review! Thanks and hope to see you again soon.
Trappe, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

First, let me be clear. The staff was as accommodating, friendly, and professional as possible under the circumstances. But the circumstances were unacceptable.

I had asked in advance for a high room on the back of the hotel, as the online reviews point out that rooms in the front of the hotel are noisy, and I am a light sleeper. I was accommodated in a beautiful 11th floor, rear room-- with one minor problem: NO AIR CONDITIONING during the recent heat wave. The engineer came up three times to try and fix it, but could not get it below a muggy 75 degrees. Finally, when we gave up, I was told there were no other rooms available, so we were stuck for the first night. I was comped breakfast for our troubles, and the director offered whatever I wanted to make up for it.

The next day, we were moved into a 15th floor room, but in the same location, and the air seemed to not be working as well. I didn't want to take a chance, but the only other room I could get at that point was on the 8th floor, but in the front. The AC worked, but from 2-3 AM, the noise from outside kept me awake.

Bottom line: beautiful facilities; great location; great staff; but no flexibility to handle a major problem, and if you're a light sleeper in hotels like I am, the front of the W Boston is not for you.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
MGabree, Director of Operations at W Boston, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Hi Craig, I'm glad that we were able to connect via email and resolve the issues that you experienced. Oh, and go with Emerson! See you soon.
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I checked into to the W Boston last night. The first thing I noticed was the white robe that was hanging. It had pink make up all over it! I went to the sink to wash up and there were strands of long hair on the basin. To make things worse when I looked at the bed the sheets had black spots all over them. They were beyond dirty.... I called the manager and she came up right away with the housekeeping manager... They were mortified. The manager told me that they had never seen anything like this in the 6 months that she worked here.... She moved me to a new room but if all of Boston was not sold out I would have left in a minute... NEVER AGAIN... Stay away... Because of this W is now going to be loosing my companies large corp account.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
It doesn't sound like we put our best foot forward – for that I'm sorry. I am glad however that we were able to move you to a new room and resolve the situation for you.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I have stayed in hotels around the world & have not found one with service this good. The hotel is nice & is only 2 blocks from the nearest T station. It is in the heart of theatre district. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013
Couldn't agree more! Thanks for kind words, Craignola.

Been to W Boston? Share your experiences!