“Lovely hotel but street noise at night.” 4 of 5 stars

Cyber Monday Exclusive
Ranked #27 of 77 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Nuneaton
“Lovely hotel but street noise at night.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

We stayed here for a couple of nights with friends at the start of a tour of New England. The welcome and service was lovely, and staff were very helpful and informative. We even returned from a short walk to find the most delightful little cupcakes and a card in response to the staff finding out that one of our party were celebrating an event.
Our room was very well appointed, spacious and stylish. The bed was really comfortable and we were expecting a nice an excellent night's sleep. However, the street noise was really loud and the room didn't appear to have any sound-proofing against it.
Our friends had a very strange room (609). Comfortable and well-appointed, but really more of a dog-leg corridor with a box-room at the end of it, so most of the space was corridor. Comfortable furniture but avoid this unless offered a really good deal.

Room Tip: Ask if they have any rooms that aren't subject to terrible street noise. Avoid room 609. It...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
MGabree, Director of Operations at W Boston, responded to this review, October 27, 2012
H Kevin, and thanks for the review. I'm thrilled that our Talent took great care of you, and even surprised you with some cupcakes! We do our best to mitigate noise from the street but as you might guess this is difficult for us to control. Hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
Midlands, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Stylish - that sums up my review, but I have to write a few more words. Doormen greet you, receptionists very helpful (and stylish), lobby looks like a fashionable nightspot (great for me), art and design touches everywhere (as with all W hotels), rooms well designed and stylish. Friends always ask to me "steal" Bliss products, I believe women love them.

The location is a 5 minute walk to the start of the Freedom trail.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Quite a 'stylish' review - thanks!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I have stayed at this W a few times, and I am always pleased to go back. The rooms are comfortable and of the quality you would expect at a pricey W. The lobby bar generally has a good scene and attentive bartenders. Both in room breakfast and restaurant breakfasts are very nice and fairly reasonable. My only gripe is that my last stay was on the fifth floor, where as a Platinum SPG guest I was looking out over a back roof and A/C units... I would have expected a higher floor as a preferred guest...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thanks for your repeat business and loyalty. We'll do our best to secure a room on a higher floor next time. See you again soon.
West Bloomfield, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I have not even been here yet, but just got off the phone with Jenny on the whatever/whenever phone line. She was truly a pleasure to speak with, she helped clean up my very messed up reservations with ease. After that when I asked for the concierge who was busy with an onsite guest, she did a great job informing me about the local area, transportation and dinning options. We are looking forward to our last minute pre 25TH anniversary at the W for our first visit to Boston.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Wow! Awesome review. Jenny is indeed a superstar - thanks for the shout out. Oh, and happy 25th!
Oakville, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I stayed at the W Boston this week. The hotel was clean and comfortable and the service was good. The only issue I raise is the noise from the street. I was on the 4th floor and the noise was a significant factor. Ask for a room higher up and it may be better.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thanks for the positive review, George. You make a fair point - the higher floors do offer better views and less street noise. See you again soon.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

I stay at Starwood Hotels often and have stayed at several W Hotels over the last several years. I must say that the W in Boston is fantastic, clean rooms, excellent service and a great atmosphere. There is a nice bar that gets pretty full, with fun people visiting or stopping by after work. There is also a club that is next door, but I didnt get a chance to check it out.

The hotel is well located and a short taxi to the airport, or the convention center and walking distance to shopping or sight seeing.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Music to my ears: "W Boston is fantastic, clean rooms, excellent service and a great atmosphere." Thanks for the fab review, see you again soon.
El Dorado Hills, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

We stayed here for a total of 4 nights. We ended going back there because Boston was the highlight for us on our New England trip. My husband is a regular at the W, but it was my first time for me to stay in one. The staff was very helpful. My husband had injured his back on our trip and they gave us a really nice room to relax in the first time we checked in. They also let us check in early with no problems. They gave us a nice complimentary cookie tray.
The rooms were nicely equipped. It made us relax and my husband was able to recoup well and enjoy his time in Boston.
This hotel is located near the theatre district and we were able to get a cab and actually did use the Acura service. Both times the drivers were really sweet and helpful.
The second stay we had a room on the 5th floor. It was a corner room. We were given an upgrade each time.
I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: ask for room on the 9th floor. All rooms were nice though. 528 was pretty nice too,
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Loved your review - thank you. I'm glad that you could relax, recoup, and even play a bit, too. See you again soon.

Been to W Boston? Share your experiences!