“The MOST Friendly Luxury Hotel in Beantown!” 5 of 5 stars

Book Early and Save
Ranked #30 of 77 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Hollywood, Florida
“The MOST Friendly Luxury Hotel in Beantown!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

I'm actually writing this Thank You letter from 30,000 feet from my Delta return flight while the feeling of my W Boston bliss still resonates strongly! I came in just for a few days to visit my Mother who recently came out of some rather serious back surgery. (she is recuperating excellently). This was my first visit to The W Boston and I was far far from disappointed as it lived up to the accolades my fellow Platinum friends that have stayed with you have shared with me.
Perfect location on Stuart St, a beautiful sculptured glass sphere rising up against the back drop of the older buildings of the city. Truly breathtaking! The Wheel's Crew welcomed me as I arrived Friday afternoon. Sometimes I feel the Wheel's staff do not get the "props" they deserve as they are always the very first "impression" a Guest encounters upon arrival at a W Property. Lenny and Leonardo impressed me with their Boston cheer and exuberance! I felt very W-elcomed by their enthusiastic energy! Next, Jen at The Welcome Desk, checked me in with her youthful sweet warm charm. Bill that quality struck me the strongest throughout my stay. I do not make that statement lightly. Your Talent team - everyone that I encountered, (from the Bar staff to House Keeping to the Doorman) had the most authentic kindness and candor. I felt every experience as a reflection of a true human dealing and not some "Role" they were playing. Everyone made direct eye contact, had a warm smile, and a kind exchange. That is unique to your Property. It's a direct effect of the fact that they so obviously LOVE the environment they work in and they take pride and respect in being part of your team. I'm not even kidding, I feel like I made some new friends! lol
Your Concierge, was so down to earth and charismatic that my 74 year old Mother couldn't stop raving about her the whole weekend. They bonded together while we were hanging out in the front Lobby Saturday morning. Her name is Jennifer Boucher. I also want to recognize Frank Ibanez my In-room dining server. He was exceptional and spot on with excellent service! Growing up just outside of Boston in Newton, and attending Northeastern University, I have come to know Boston as my hometown. It makes sense that I truly felt "home" staying in your Properties "Blue-blood Bostonian" care! I promise I will do you justice with my W-ord of Mouth recommends to my fellow CEM/Plats!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
Boston, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

We had a wonderful stay here and were literally across the street from the theater we were going to. Great location for the whole theater district...you can walk anywhere. I was pleasantly surprised at how nice and friendly the staff was...not because they were just going through the motions, but they really seemed to sincerely love their jobs. From the doorman to check in to the Bliss spa and shop, everyone was very welcoming. The hotel is beautiful and super chic, unlike many of the prim & proper, slightly uptight, and very traditional hotels in Boston. Our room was wonderful...a bed so comfy it was hard to get out of in the morning, great Bliss toiletries, and fun stuff in the mini bar. Definitely recommend having a drink in the lounge at night and getting a service (or two) at the Bliss Spa. We live just outside of Boston and will definitely be back for another stay soon as well as a spa day.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

I'm a fan of the W hotel group, having stayed with them in a number of cities so on a recent trip to Boston it was a natural choice. As always, there is the groovy vibe when you arrive and lots of beautiful people and pretenders hanging out in the lobby bar so an instant party if you don't wish to venture far. The location is great, walking distnace to the common and in the midst of the theatre district. The room however had some significant issues. First off, the thermostat didn't work. The options that did work were either freezing cold AC on high or nothing, and then the system shut down completely during the night so we awoke in a sweltering room. The room lighting system requires the very large and bright neon wall light to be on at all times or there is NO light at all. Had to use a flashlight to find the bathroom in the dark. Hotel management had left us a message regarding the lighting so they clearly know there is an issue. Then there was the smelly, mildewy shower curtain. for the price, this hotel was a disappointment.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
east midlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

We have just returned from a week's break in Boston and stayed at the W Hotel. It was excellent - in the perfect location for walking to just about anywhere. It's ultra modern and chic. The room we had was excellent with the most comfortable bed and pillows we have ever experienced (including our own at home!). The room was very quiet and we didn't hear a single sound from any of the other rooms on our floor. All the staff were really helpful and efficient. The bar is great for an evening drink and people watching but the drinks were very expensive e.g. $10 for a glass of wine and $15 for a cocktail. The bar is packed virtually every evening and attracts a very young crowd. Also don't drink the bottled water in the room for $7 as you can buy exactly the same bottle of water for $2 in the 7-Eleven just opposite the hotel! The hotel restaurant, Market, is excellent and the portions were a reasonable size compared to some of the restaurants we ate in, serving enormous plates of food that made you feel a bit faint just looking at them!
Boston is an excellent city for walking as it is reasonably small and compact. The public gardens are delightful and Boston Common provided some amusement watching teams from a local college playing muggle quidditch (if you don't know what that is see Harry Potter)! If you're tired of walking the subway system, the "T", is very good and is only $2 per journey. Some highlights of our trip were whale watching, the Duck tour, the USS Constitution, Salem (The House of the Seven Gables was really interesting, and the monument to the twenty unfortunate people who were accused of witchcraft and executed in 1692 is sobering - other than that we ended up all "witched" out), and the aquarium which has a touch tank where you can touch rays and small sharks which was wonderful (I stayed in there so long the staff offered me a job!).
It's well worth looking at the Go Boston card online before you go as this saved us about $50 on entrance fees to attractions - it covers admission to approximately 70 attractions in all.
Finally, you MUST, MUST, MUST see the Blue Man Group - they're phenomenal and one of the wittiest, funniest, most brilliant shows we have ever seen. We shall certainly return to Boston and would stay at the W again.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms next to lifts and ice machines!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

Stayed here for a couple of nights whilst on a city break. Hotel is in an excellent location and the location is by far and away the hotels best feature.

It's a very funky modern hotel, Bliss products in the bathroom, plenty of towels and THE most comfortable bed! Service was a bit stand-offish.

I think we were travelling at a particularly busy time, prices where quite high and I'm not sure the high price was entirely justified. But never the less we had a good stay.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2011

It was an Excellent stay, Service was amazing, staff was helpful and polite and made excellent reccommendations for different things. Fantastic rooms that are spacious and comfortable with a Chic and Mordern twist. The lobby is a great place to relax and have a drink at the lobby hotel. All in All a great stay would return in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: The rooms higher up have good views of different areas of boston
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

Our stay was booked from July 29th and onwards. Mom and two children (8yrs. old and 16yrs) travelled for a two week stay. Starwood member. The weekend of August 5-7th/2011 had to move to another Starwood hotel in Boston. The Whotel was overbooked that weekend. We returned for the continuation of our stay Whotel.. Amazing City and the community of Boston, very helpful & nice. Walking distance. The summer weather must make the city smile and sparkle with kindness. 7-11, CPK and Bank of America across the street for your convenience. Boston Common Park, movie theatre- one block away. Walking distance. Hotel provided our room with a Nintendo Wii!! Thank Goodness:) Clean rooms, modern clean decor, refrigerator available, bar, privacy respected. Free wireless internet hotel lobby (save $15.00 daily), no pool, bliss spa great for a quick mani-pedi!! The staff rocks as professionally trained, familiar with hotel guests and patrons, professional concierge, doormen (one employee had whistling skills, he'd flag your taxi for you without using a whistle- reminded me of a scene out of a movie!!, the bell men-nice communication, hotel security, hotel lobby at check in- warm personalities. WAIT. Last but not least...we had the convenience of utilizing the Whotel Boston complimentary Acura Car Service. It is truly a mom's dream to be whisked away to her destinations on a daily basis (kids). Acura service gave us complimentary Fiji bottled water and bliss facial wipes. Excellent * * * * * drivers Paul & Paul took care of me and my family. I'd go back just to be spoiled as a tourist!! Next year. Well managed hotel. Check it out. Family from Vancouver BC Canada.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to W Boston? Share your experiences!