I booked a room to surprise my boyfriend for his birthday on the Green Turtle 1 which is more of a floating house than a yacht like the Green Turtle 2 and 3 and we loved it! The room was clean and very nice. the innkeepers we very friendly and upon checkout offered us a tour of their other two spaces since they were unoccupied. From the docks we had a wonderful view of the North End of Boston. Breakfast was delicious too!
Usually when we visit Boston we stay at the Sheraton but I think we have found a new location!
- Also Known As:
- Green Turtle Floating b&b
- Green Turtle Floating Hotel Boston
- Green Turtle Floating Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Green Turtle is a floating bed and breakfast as luxurious as it is unique. Set in the historic Charlestown Navy Yard on Boston Harbor, the Green Turtle offers an expansive view of the Boston skyline along with the comfort and amenities of a modern bed and breakfast. The USS Constitution (Old Ironsides), the Bunker Hill Monument and the Freedom Trail are a short walk away. You can take the water ferry to numerous points along the waterfront. There are dining choices from bagels to world famous dining. The Green Turtle houseboat and yachts were designed for comfort above all and the only reminder you are floating in Boston Harbor is the sound of the gulls, motion of the sea and the reflection of the ocean dancing on the ceiling. It is delightful starting your day sipping coffee or enjoying a cold beverage after a day of sightseeing while sitting on your dock chairs or aft deck watching the harbor traffic and city skyline. The Green Turtle Floating Bed and Breakfast offers 3 boat choices. The Green Turtle I is a houseboat offering two private and separate suites and each has 1 queen sized bed with luxury linens. Each suite(Loggerhead and Sea Turtle) has a kitchenette and a private bathroom en suite. Each suite sleeps 2 or reserve both suites for 4 people. Green Turtle II is a 45 foot motor yacht which sleeps 2 - 6 people. She has 2 private queen staterooms with bathroom and shower in each stateroom, a full sleeper sofa in the living area, a galley and dinette and a great aft deck with comfortable outdoor furniture. Green Turtle III is a 43 foot motor yacht which sleeps 2-4 in 2 queen staterooms with bathroom and shower in each, a salon (living area) galley and dinette and an aft deck with comfortable outdoor furniture. Your suite/yacht is stocked with gourmet coffee, teas, juice yogurt, granola, spring water and snacks. We deliver fresh breakfast each morning. We offer complimentary parking. Staying aboard the Green Turtle Floating Bed and Breakfast is a unique way to visit Boston. All boats are docked in marina slips and are moored permanently during your stay. We live right here on our sailboat. Come Float With Us! ... more less