“Wonderful” 5 of 5 stars
Review of PhotoWalks of Boston

PhotoWalks of Boston
Beacon Street, Boston, MA 02110 (Back Bay)
+1 617-851-2273
Website
Improve this listing
Visit like an insider
$40*
and up
Ranked #19 of 105 Tours & Activities in Boston
More attraction details
Owner description: Explore Boston on photo walking tours presented with fascinating historic commentary and creative photography tips. All ages and skill levels welcome.
York
20 attraction reviews
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

I can not paise this tour highly enough! Saba is an absolute joy to spend time with,kind,patient,helpful and with a great eye for photography.
I booked the back bay tour on a Sunday morning,I would be taking along my 7yr old daughter with me ( no cost ).
So we turned up on the sunday morning and Saba informed me that it would be just us on the tour,how many of you can think of companies that would have e-mailed you and cancelled ?
We spent a lovely Sunday morning,taking great shots and having a good chat.
My daughter is a little shy,by the time she had spent 10 mins with Seba she was chatting to her as if she had known her all her life. We both ended up with photos that will grace our walls for years to come.I carn't say enough in this review thank you Seba,I hope to return one day and will see you on another of your fantastic tours.

Quincy, Massachusetts
7 attraction reviews
“Excellent way of appreciating the city”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

My friend and I finally took a Photowalks tour after talking about it for a year- we did the Boston Waterfront because it worked with our schedule and even though I had been to the same place 4 times in the last week with visitors, I found a whole new way of looking at my city through the photographer's eye. Saba met us promptly at 10 in front of the Old State house and as it turned out she had a group that cancelled, so it was just the three of us. It was convenient that my friend and I had the same digital SLR and while I knew general stuff about it and know what makes a good pic, I had never really explored all the options on the camera and she was able to help us both. I enjoyed the camera and composition tips as well as the tidbits about the area. I can see how a photo pro may prefer a regular walking tour and taking their own photos, but I felt this was well worth it. We may do another one in the fall-my favorite time of year to take pictures in Boston.

Visited August 2012
Northfield, New Jersey, United States
“Unforgettable experience, expert advice, I learned SO much!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

Had the pleasure of a SOLO TOUR of Beacon Hill and The Public Garden today. Saba is incredible, her knowledge of composition, lighting and photography overall is matched by her unbelievable knowledge of Boston history. I learned more in two-plus hours today than I have in a lifetime of photography. I fell in love with Boston thanks to Saba and I will DEFINITELY be back. I cannot say enough about this experience. It was without question the highlight of my trip!

Visited August 2012
Massachusetts
5 attraction reviews
“Do this.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

I have done this twice...one tour of Beacon Hill, and yesterday of Back Bay. SO worth it....I had a Living Social deal, but it's one of those things I would have paid full price for. Saba is VERY helpful, has an artist's eye when it comes to composition. Having lived in this area for my whole life, this tour showed things I never would have known about. Saba helps you with the photo, your camera, AND gives you some historical background about what you're shooting. Great tour for locals and tourists alike. DO THIS.

Visited June 2012
Boston,MA
31 attraction reviews
“If you're not a pro, excellent tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

I am not a pro at photography and, even though my partner has a more expensive camera, he's not a pro either. With that in mind, the tour was excellent. We had gotten two gift certificates for the photo walk and had originally wanted to walk the Freedom Trail (lived here over 40 years and never did the complete trail) but it was sold out so we chose the Back Bay tour and I'm so happy we did. I love the area--BPL, Copley Square--and the familiar buildings appeared from a different perspective. Saba was very good at giving simple pointers to take interesting pictures and where to stand to get a more original shot. Our group of about 14 moved along without too much delay and I never felt rushed. Saba also provided some historical tidbits that enlivened the tour. My guess is that this is not a photowalk for anyone who feels they know how to take a good shot. But I can't think of anything better than spending a 70-degree sunny day in Boston and capturing its historical and architectural beauty. Hint: if you're driving into the city, book on a Sunday when there's free parking. We had no trouble finding an immediate spot on Dartmouth Street.

Visited May 2012