“Fresh and savory steadies” 5 of 5 stars
Review of D'Amelio's Off the Boat Italian & Seafood Restaurant

D'Amelio's Off the Boat Italian & Seafood Restaurant
28 Porter Street, Boston, MA 02128 (East Boston)
Website
Menu
Update restaurant details
Ranked #9 of 2,784 restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Neighborhood: East Boston
“Fresh and savory steadies”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

Had the shied fish chop special. Was amazing as was the chowder. Not the viscous slop you typically get, this was nothing but clams and thyme in a light stock

• Visited June 2013

95% Recommend
Dallas, Texas
“Small in size. Big on everything else.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

My girlfriend and I traveled to Boston(my first time in the city) on vacation from Texas and was looking for great place to eat. I prefer to venture outside of the trendy tourist areas in hopes of finding a five star meal at a two star price. D'Amelios Off the Boat is one of those places that definitely did not disappoint.

The neighborhood is working class, and you park on a busy street. I had read reviews on several restaurants and decided that the 4.5 stars and the #11 rank of over 2000 eating establishment in the Boston area was well worth finding this place and giving it a try. So we made a reservation for 7:30.

We arrived at 7:15, gave our name and reservation time and were seated immediately. The place is tiny with only ten tables, but full of life with the hearty sound of people enjoying themselves and a great meal.

We were greeted warmly and made to feel as if we had been a patrons for some time. We ordered two glasses of wine and the Seafood meatballs. I had never heard of such an item, but was greatly surprised because they were absolutely delicious. My girlfriend ordered fettuccine and ask for Seafood meatballs, instead of regular meatballs. The staff was more than happy to accommodate her request. I had the Fruti Di Mare with Fra Diavolo Marinara sauce. If you don’t know what this dish is and you like shellfish, then this is a must have. It includes prawns, scallops, mussels, clams, octopus, calamari, and fish all cooked so they melt in your mouth and are not chewy, and for a very reasonable price, they included two small lobster tails.

The food was hot, the sauce was great with just enough hot pepper to zest it up but still allow the tomato and other spices to work the pallet. The portions were perfect. The only thing that would have made it better is if I could find, or get the recipe for the Seafood meatballs so I could make them at home, because of my distance from this great place.

We will surely go back the next time we are in Boston and would take anyone with us who loves great Italian seafood.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Montreal, Canada
“Amazing Italian small seafood restaurant. No fuss.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

They are two doors to this restaurant. One is the original take-out place and the other is a small but charming restaurant. This is were we went. I had the Lobster tails pasta with spicy sauce (so spicy you don't fully taste the lobster) and my wife had the pasta in lobster bisque sauce (A-M-A-Z-I-N-G, the best meal she had in Boston). The crab cakes we're also delicious. They also serve a light Italian beer that we both enjoyed.

The service was friendly and helpful.

Make reservations a couple of days in advance and you should be fine. We manage to park right in front of the restaurant.

P.S. Don't plan to walk in the area, we went for a walk and did not find it really interesting.

Chicago, Illinois
“Find out what the locals know!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Visiting Boston on business without dinner plans after 7pm. Dis a search for seafood that looks interesting and find this great "local" treasure! Small streetscape family owned restaurant that has great appeal (their interest in you) and great food! Wine menu tight but quality, the food is seafood cooked with an Italian flare, all like my grandmother would have been proud of! Street parking available, but not necessarily easy to find, but make the effort, as you will not be disappointed!

Ithaca, NY
“Super family-run seafood place near Logan”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Fresh seafood prepared Italian style. Friendly family who provide outstanding service, food quality, and value. Frutta di mare, a variety of fresh grilled fish, great pasta, wine and beer license. The seafood meatballs were unusual and delicious! Easy to find street parking. Highly recommended and definitely off the tourist beat.

• 4 of 5 stars Food