“Gem of a restaurant, tucked away in East Boston” 5 of 5 stars
Review of D'Amelio's Off the Boat Italian & Seafood Restaurant

D'Amelio's Off the Boat Italian & Seafood Restaurant
28 Porter Street, Boston, MA 02128 (East Boston / Logan Airport)
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 2,818 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Neighborhood: East Boston / Logan Airport
California
“Gem of a restaurant, tucked away in East Boston”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I was picking my parents up at Logan Airport right at 5:00. There was no way I was going to brave Boston traffic for the long ride home right in the middle of rush hour, so I looked online for an interesting restaurant. I found this little gem right here on Trip Advisor! It's located about a mile outside of the airport and has plenty of on-street parking, and there is a public parking lot directly behind the restaurant, which was free (after 5:00, anyway). The restaurant is cozy and warm, and the menu is spectacular. There were so many delicious-sounding meals that we all had a hard time deciding! I had fresh, homemade pappardelle pasta with grilled shrimp and lobster meat in a spicy olive oil. The pasta was fresh and perfectly cooked and the seafood was just right. My mom had the Penne Cantante with scallops, shrimp, and grilled lobster tail (also delcious!) and my Dad had the Fruit di Mare, which was a huge platter of seafood and fish, all fresh and wonderfully prepared. I ordered a cappucino at the end of my meal, and it was delicious. The milk was so frothy I thought that it was topped with whipped cream! The meal isn't inexpensive, but it was worth every penny. Welcoming atmosphere, terrific service, and delicious food. I wish we had had time for dessert because the menu was enticing! I highly recommend this restaurant.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Perfectly Run Restaraunt!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

It doesn't get better than D'Amelio's (Off the Boat). This restaraunt is a local gem. The customer service is excellent, the food is absolutely delicious, the prices are reasonable, the atmosphere is great.... there is not a single complaint you could have about this place. Do not think twice about going here, you will love it!

Wareham, Massachusetts
“best in boston!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

from the minute we walked in the door to the minute we walked out, we were more tahn happy with our experience..all the excellent reviews i read did not lie!! the shrimp scampi app is to die for and we did soak up every drop of the sauce with the wonderful crusty bread..all four of our entrees we perfect!! and the deserts!! antionetta talked me in to the lemoncella..man was that fantastic as well as my favorite tiramisu!! all i can say is get to this place early, order yourself a pitcher of sangria and be prepared to have a great time!!

Longueuil
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Warm welcome and excellent service. But the food is fantastic. Last evening I had the main course special: Lobster ravioli with vodka and lobster sauce. My husband had the seafood misto. Well the ravioli is addictive. I want more. The seafood platter was cooked exactly right. You could plunk this restaurant down in the middle of Québec and have foodies lined up around the province. And good food is a religion up there! I will defiantly be back.

• Visited November 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

My wife and I tried this restaurant last week. It is small, about 20 tables. The food is prepared lovingly and served by Antoinetta and her colleagues in a warm and gracious manner. Think about this restaurant as an alternative to North End Italian restaurants at 30% higher prices. The pasta is especially scrumptuous!!

• Visited November 2012