“Only Pros at the Constitution Inn” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Constitution Inn

You added Constitution Inn to your Saves list
Constitution Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   150 Third Avenue, Charlestown Navy Yard, Boston, MA 02129 (Charlestown)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #75 of 77 Hotels in Boston
Howard Beach, New York
“Only Pros at the Constitution Inn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

Named after the USS Constitution, the wooden-hulled, three-masted heavy frigate of the United States Navy and its museum, both within a stroll distance, this Inn is a great place to stay.

We took Rowes Wharf Water Taxi on a Two-Day Pass from the airport to the Constitution Inn, again to Long Wharf and back to the airport (free shuttle bus #66).
Charlestown within walking distance to explore.

We were allowed to "store" our bags in the back office until it was time to head back to the airport.

The two ladies at the front desk were super friendly and down to earth, having fun at their job, making our stay flawless. They can teach the class on Customer Service!

To manage the expectations of future travelers, just know this:
this is not a high-end luxury hotel; it is a non-profit organization with the YMCA next door. Rooms are simple, but all clean and with everything you need.
They also provide rooms for children who sustained burn-injuries. I have seen a few of them around. What a fantastic cause!

I am glad to know that some of my money will go to these kids and to keeping the Constitution Inn operational!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Torrington, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

The hotel advertising is very misleading. It is not really a hotel, but a YMCA. The pool and workout facilities are in the Y. If you really did want to use them, the hours are very limited on the weekends. The room smelled like chlorine, presumably from the pool. The sheets on the bed were cheap and scratchy. The ceiling was slanted, so that if you were 6' or taller, you had to watch your head. The window was on the ceiling. The complimentary shuttle to the North End, is in reality public transportation that only goes to the North End Station. There is no parking, except on the street or a parking garage several blocks away. No where close to get breakfast or coffee... All in all, for the price, I think it was a rip off and wouldn't stay there again.

Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

Only had one night in the city and wanted to be close to the Freedom Trail and Boston's tourist sites. Arrived late (1 a.m.) and was greeted by the most friendly woman who took so much time to make sure I had all the information needed to make the most use of my short stay. After a little sleep I was up to explore and she was still working. Again she was most helpful and made sure I had a good place to eat and knew exactly where I was going. I wish I could remember her name because she is due some kudos for her customer service.
The hotel is nice and clean, and quiet and close to the USS Constitution and the Freedom Trail. The inter-harbor ferry is a 5-minute walk which drops off at the downtown aquarium with access to the subway and a direct route to Logan Airport.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

I'm writing this on March 22 after I saw the two most recent negative reviews, when I stayed in November I loved my stay here and would recommend it to anyone. Staff was very kind and helped me when I needed it. My ONLY complaint would be that I had a room right across the hall from a maintenance room or something that made a humming noise all night but I could barely even hear it and it wasn't like every room is across from a maintenance room. And the walls are not paper thin, I never heard anyone. Stay at the Constitution Inn, it is a fantastic hotel and you will love your stay. I plan on coming back in May for a week if I can afford it haha I look forward to my stay and would recommend this hotel to anyone!

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

My boyfriend and I booked one night here through Groupon so we could get to the north end easily, but not spend a ton of money. We should have splurged and spent the extra money. When we arrived there were workmen in the hallway on our floor, and when we entered our room, there was a workman in there. The kitchenette was dirty, as was the refrigerator. One of the beds was not fully made up. The walls were paper thin. We were woken up by drunk neighbors in the middle of the night. The "free shuttle" that the hotel offers, is NOT a hotel shuttle as it was implied. It was the Partners Healthcare shuttle, and it does not bring you to the north end as they claimed. This was a super sketchy hotel and I would not stay here again!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
ConstitutionInnMgmt, Guest Relations Manager at Constitution Inn, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Hello Morgan,
I apologize for the negative experience you had at The Constitution Inn. Currently we’re renovating all our guest’s rooms with new furniture and drapes. Thank you for your feedback, this is essential as we strive to meet the needs of all our guests. We are implementing cleaning procedures to address these issues for all our future guests. We’re very sorry you encountered an unexpected staff member in the room. We’re currently looking at our procedures with the front desk to ensure that this will not happen in the future. I’d love the opportunity to speak to you in person and turn your bad experience into a positive one, please feel free to contact me at 617-286-1205 or arauca@ymcaboston.org.

Alexandra
Director of Housekeeping
Providence, Rhode Island
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

If you want a peaceful night sleep, this place is not for you. We stayed there for one night and I would NEVER stay there again. I'm not sure if part of the INN is actually a dorm for college kids, but it definitely felt like it. All we heard all night was doors slamming, talking, laughing, loud TV, toilet flushing ( the wall so thin, I could actually even hear them pee). I called the front desk at 1.30am to complain, they sent a security guy to try and quite them down, that worked for like 5 minutes and then it just continued till 3am. I had my 8 and 6 year old girls with me and a very important event to go to early the next morning and instead of getting a good night sleep we were up for most of the night. It was really bad, like trying to get a good night sleep while someone on the other side of a curtain having a party. DO NOT stay there.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
ConstitutionInnMgmt, Manager at Constitution Inn, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear Jurgita,

We sincerely apologize for your negative experience at the Constitution Inn. We have a report from our security company of the noise complaint and we are working with them to ensure each case is addressed at the time of the report. Thank you for providing your feedback and we are working towards making improvements.

Best wishes,

The Constitution Inn
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

I booked through Groupon because I was going to a Celtics game and it was "nearby". Big mistake. Before arrival, I was told that they have a parking garage and a free shuttle service to take us to The Garden. They failed to mention that the parking garage is two blocks away and is a public garage. And don't even get me started on the "shuttle". Its really just a shuttle bus that the nearby hospital uses. It's a "Partners health care" bus. It looks like it is used to take the employees from their work place to North Station. We definitely felt like we were not supposed to be on that bus in the first place. We ended up taking a cab back to the Inn after the Celtics game. You also have to pick it up about three blocks away from the Inn, and you wait on a street corner. It was very misleading because we thought that the actual hotel had a free shuttle. There is also a sober living facility inside the Inn where homeless women stay with their children. That would be fine if they were actually sober. The front entrance stunk of marijuana so badly upon arrival because a woman was standing right out front, smoking a joint! Great for families right? I think not! I was about to leave right then and there and check into the Residence Inn down the street, but my partner suggested that we stick it out together and not waste our money. I really do NOT recommended staying here,no matter how good the price is. The only good thing about this place was that the bed was comfortable. But the noise of trucks making deliveries to the YMCA, which is located on the bottom floor of the hotel, awoke us from sleep many times in the middle of the night and early in the morning. Isn't that great too? That the YMCA is so close to that "sober living" facility? Ridiculous. I would not want my children going there. Also, the room looked like my old college dorm. VERY, very dark, with dim lighting. I don't know how they have stayed in business.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
ConstitutionInnMgmt, Manager at Constitution Inn, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Dear Constitution Inn Guest,

Thank you for providing your feedback on your recent stay at The Constitution Inn. We are extremely sorry you experienced a less than satisfactory stay with us. We'd love to talk to you directly about the issues you experienced during your stay. Can you please give us a call at the hotel directly at 617-241-8400 and we'd be glad to discuss further.

Warm Regards,
The Constitution Inn Management

Been to Constitution Inn? Share your experiences!