“Surprising good Indian Food” 4 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Gourmet India
800 Boylston Street, Prudential Center Food Court, Boston, MA 02199 (Back Bay)
617-247-9500
Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Indian
Neighborhood: Back Bay
Neighborhood: Back Bay
Charlottetown, Canada
“Surprising good Indian Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

We visited during a weekend. We were surprised to see south indian food (masala dosas) available. The food was ok. the naan's were yummy. I liked the food and the price. Good for the money you pay.

Cons- As you can see the chefs from where you stand. I noticed that the chefs were not happy to make the orders and were cooking as if they were forced to do so. That sort of felt bad.
But the food was good

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Medford, Massachusetts
“Stale food, bad service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Today, I went to this restaurant for lunch and had a very bad experience. I had ordered a double combo which included a chicken dish made with coconut. It was stale and there was no way I could eat it. So, when I went to ask, the person present told me it tastes exactly as it is supposed to be. I am from India and I know how the chicken with coconut tastes. It was gone bad and so finally I did not eat it and I was not really in the mood to argue about the food. Red flag, don't even go near this restaurant. This one is in Quincy market.

Visited August 2012
Bethlehem, NH
“Fresh Nan, Yummmm”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

I love this place, Nan made to order and very good curry and chana masala. If you like Indian food and want a quick bite this is the place. Located inside Fanueil Hall. I have eaten here for lunch a few times and it is always good and the price is right.

Visited July 2012
Boston, MA
“Surprising good Indian food at a great price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

I've been to Gourmet India at both the Prudential and Quincy Market and was very pleasantly surprised with the quality of the food and the service. I primarily order vegetarian dishes but the numerous chicken selections were tempting. I couldn't resist the saag paneer and it was the best in the Boston area that I have ever tasted. Other dishes ordered included: chana masala and a lentil dish and both were excellent.. The combo mela came with naan that was delicous as well as a wonderful mango lassi .

I was particularly impressed with the service at the Quincy Market location . I will be returning many times based upon their food and service!

• Visited February 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dallas, Texas
“Great inexpensive Indian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2008

Most people wouldn't think to go to a food court for great food, and I didn't, either. It was by happenstance: food court close by, time was short, and I didn't want to have to go too far to get a bite to eat. So I ended up at the Prudential Food Court scoping out the options.

Luckily chose Gourmet India. Quick, delicious lunch, reasonably priced. I haven't had better Indian food, anywhere, and I eat at a lot of Indian restaurants. You can certainly pay more, but you won't get a better meal, at the fancy restaurants.