“Affordable way to visit Boston” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Boston

You added Holiday Inn Express Boston to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Boston
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   69R Boston Street, Boston, MA 02125 (Dorchester / Roxbury / Mattapan)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #59 of 77 Hotels in Boston
Mount Sunapee, New Hampshire
“Affordable way to visit Boston”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

A great way to visit Boston and not have to pay out the inflated prices. I was passing through on business and stayed two nights. The rooms were pleasant and clean and the front desk staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Wagner Q, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Boston, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Dear DanandSueNH, Thank you very much for taking your time writing your kind review. Our team at the Holiday Inn Express strive to provide outstanding customer service and comfortable accommodations at affordable prices. I am glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Other than convenience to Logan, the hotel has little going for it. Service at check in was grumpy and unpleasant. Gaps under room doors nearly 2 inches allowing you to hear every conversation as you pass by in the hallways. The worst part is their idea of "pickup shuttle service." Cars are poorly labeled as to which Holiday Inn location it is that arrives outside your gate. When we were picked up by a Holiday Inn Shuttle going to a different location than ours we were treated like we did something wrong. Long wait time occurred for our pickup, horrible response from the front desk with little effort made to actually send us a shuttle to pickup up. The convenience of parking 5 miles south of the airport was negated after we stood on the sidewalk for 45 minutes waiting it our shuttle to finally show up!!!

• Stayed November 2013
Wagner Q, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Boston, responded to this review, November 23, 2013
Dear Eoakes58 , Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your comment. We greatly appreciate your feedback, rest assured that the issues you have raised about our Shuttle Service and Reception have been documented and forwarded to the appropriate departments for necessary actions. Kindly accept our sincerest apology for the overall dissatisfaction you had experienced. Your feedback is very important to us as this continually helps us improve the facilities and guest services we offer to our guests.
Bangkok
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

nothing is exceptional about this hotel, receptionist was not so welcoming at all but maybe because the hotel was busy
i didn't get any compensation for not being upgraded - strange
room is average, nothing exceptional - location is OK - 10 minutes to downtown
there was an ongoing ventilation noise from shower room - i couldn't figure out how to stop it

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Wagner Q, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Boston, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear Shmulik C ,

Thanks for taking your time writing this review about the Holiday Inn Express Boston. I am glad you enjoyed our convenient location. Our hotel is very popular and unfortunately our staff can become overly busy at peak hours this time of the year. Please do not hesitate to contact me upon your next visit, I look forward to welcoming you back and assisting you..

Best regards,
Wagner
AGM
Hyderabad, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

It was good staying here during my business visit. It is close to airport and hence is most suited for frequent fliers. Apart from that, the in house staff is best! They help you out in planning your sightseeing, there's a T station nearby and it offers a convenient shuttle service too. You can plan accordingly and visit one of the finest places like the USS constitution museum and the Freedom trail. Value for money, I would say!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dennis C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Boston, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear adarshkp89,

As the hotel General manager I want to thank you for taking the time to post your comments on line about your stay with us here in Boston. I was glad to read that you found everything you needed for touring around the city. If you are ever in the area we hope to see you again!!

All the Best

San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Stayed here over a fun, friend weekend and did not regret it. It was nice to stay in Boston for a pretty good reasonable price. I liked the location of it being right off of the highway and close to a T stop. The staff was extremely helpful when we asked for navigation, T information, or attractions. We first interacted with a woman who had long braided hair. She was great! She helped us with navigation and attraction questions. There was another young lady who was working a shift in the early evening who was great at the front desk. She was working in the morning as well and helped us get a cab. We even had a man late at night at the front desk who helped us with a few things we needed help with. I do have to say that I was bitten by a spider twice while in my bed, but how can a hotel really control spiders and it was not like they were poisonous. Other than that, everything was fairly clean, welcoming and nice! Again, I loved the location. It was easy to navigate to and from. I would recommend for a practical stay! If you are looking for a place to sleep and shower, this is a great value!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear LaughingD,

Thank you for posting your comments on line. As the hotel General Manager I have to say I am sorry to read that you had an issue with spiders. Although you did enjoy your stay, I want to than you for all the wonderful comments about the hotel from the staff to the location. If you are ever in the area again please feel free to give me a call personally, I will be happy to assist you making your reservation.

Warm Regards,

Bloomington, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

After a very frustrating experience with the local HoJo, I made one call to this hotel. Front Desk Clerk Gwen totally saved my day! Got me a room, top floor, away from the elevator (I'm a day sleeper, work at night), was as friendly and helpful as anyone could hope for. Kudos to this hotel and to Gwen for being there when I needed them! SUPERIOR customer service!!!

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear FStegall,

Great comments, thank you for taking the time to post them on line. We just think Gwen is one of the best. She really loves what she does and it shows with every guest that walks through the door. i am happy to read that she was able to make your day!!!

All the Best,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I recently spent a few nights here, and have no complaints about the place. Location wise, it was just a bit too far to walk into Boston town centre, but there was a subway station only a few minutes walk away. I believe they had a shuttle bus service that went to the subway as well, although I didn't feel the need to use it (as the weather was beautiful!).

The parking was free, and although a busy road was nearby, I can't say I noticed any road noise. The breakfast wasn't out of this world, but it was good enough for me to go back for more (a couple of times). Reception staff were friendly, and helped point me in the right direction for things to see in Boston town etc.
The bed was also comfortable, and I had my best nights sleep of my holiday when here.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear DavidO1892,

Thanks for posting your comments on line about your stay with us here in the Boston. It was great to read that you found the hotel to be of easy access to the city center.

Regards,

Dennis Callahan

Been to Holiday Inn Express Boston? Share your experiences!