“One of the best, affordable places to stay in Boston” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Boston

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Boston to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Boston
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   69R Boston Street, Boston, MA 02125 (Dorchester / Roxbury / Mattapan)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #56 of 77 hotels in Boston
Hyderabad, India
“One of the best, affordable places to stay in Boston”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

It was good staying here during my business visit. It is close to airport and hence is most suited for frequent fliers. Apart from that, the in house staff is best! They help you out in planning your sightseeing, there's a T station nearby and it offers a convenient shuttle service too. You can plan accordingly and visit one of the finest places like the USS constitution museum and the Freedom trail. Value for money, I would say!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dennis C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Boston, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear adarshkp89,

As the hotel General manager I want to thank you for taking the time to post your comments on line about your stay with us here in Boston. I was glad to read that you found everything you needed for touring around the city. If you are ever in the area we hope to see you again!!

All the Best

486 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Stayed here over a fun, friend weekend and did not regret it. It was nice to stay in Boston for a pretty good reasonable price. I liked the location of it being right off of the highway and close to a T stop. The staff was extremely helpful when we asked for navigation, T information, or attractions. We first interacted with a woman who had long braided hair. She was great! She helped us with navigation and attraction questions. There was another young lady who was working a shift in the early evening who was great at the front desk. She was working in the morning as well and helped us get a cab. We even had a man late at night at the front desk who helped us with a few things we needed help with. I do have to say that I was bitten by a spider twice while in my bed, but how can a hotel really control spiders and it was not like they were poisonous. Other than that, everything was fairly clean, welcoming and nice! Again, I loved the location. It was easy to navigate to and from. I would recommend for a practical stay! If you are looking for a place to sleep and shower, this is a great value!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear LaughingD,

Thank you for posting your comments on line. As the hotel General Manager I have to say I am sorry to read that you had an issue with spiders. Although you did enjoy your stay, I want to than you for all the wonderful comments about the hotel from the staff to the location. If you are ever in the area again please feel free to give me a call personally, I will be happy to assist you making your reservation.

Warm Regards,

Bloomington, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

After a very frustrating experience with the local HoJo, I made one call to this hotel. Front Desk Clerk Gwen totally saved my day! Got me a room, top floor, away from the elevator (I'm a day sleeper, work at night), was as friendly and helpful as anyone could hope for. Kudos to this hotel and to Gwen for being there when I needed them! SUPERIOR customer service!!!

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear FStegall,

Great comments, thank you for taking the time to post them on line. We just think Gwen is one of the best. She really loves what she does and it shows with every guest that walks through the door. i am happy to read that she was able to make your day!!!

All the Best,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I recently spent a few nights here, and have no complaints about the place. Location wise, it was just a bit too far to walk into Boston town centre, but there was a subway station only a few minutes walk away. I believe they had a shuttle bus service that went to the subway as well, although I didn't feel the need to use it (as the weather was beautiful!).

The parking was free, and although a busy road was nearby, I can't say I noticed any road noise. The breakfast wasn't out of this world, but it was good enough for me to go back for more (a couple of times). Reception staff were friendly, and helped point me in the right direction for things to see in Boston town etc.
The bed was also comfortable, and I had my best nights sleep of my holiday when here.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear DavidO1892,

Thanks for posting your comments on line about your stay with us here in the Boston. It was great to read that you found the hotel to be of easy access to the city center.

Regards,

Fredericton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I was travelling with my wife and 2 boys plus both our mothers. We drove from New Brunswick, Canada and had no trouble finding the hotel. The hotel staff were very helpful and friendly. The room was very clean and the furnishings looked new. My only complaint about the room would be that the area around the bathtub looked like it could be updated. The kids loved the 6PM warm cookies and the free breakfast had something for everyone. Hot and cold food such as cereal, fruit, bagels, eggs, bacon and sausage. What really added to the value was the 14 days free parking and the free shuttle to and from the cruise terminal. The shuttle driver was also very friendly. The low ratings for children's act and pool is because their are non.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dennis C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Boston, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Dear Gryffyd,

Thank you for taking the time to post your great comments about our hotel on tripadvisor. As the hotel General Manager it make me happy to read the stff was wonderful and you enjoyed your stay. When in the City of Boston please think of staying with uas again we look forward to your return.

At Your Service

Benton, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express on Boston street following a late arrival into Boston. While the hotel location was reasonableness and the staff was extremely helpful, the physical appearance and feel of the hotel was somewhat dated. The bed, however, was quite comfortable and the room was quiet.

• Stayed October 2013
Wagner Q, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Boston, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Dear Bzoo2013,

Thanks for your review, I am very glad that you found our staff extremely helpful and our rooms comfortable.

Our hotel was fully renovated in 2010 and we are working towards keeping it up to date. We try to keep our rates below our competition, especially during these high demand days of october, the peak of high season in Boston.

We do offer best rate guarantee and special rates for advance purchase at our official web http://bit.ly/hiexbos.

I look forward to welcome you back, please do not hesitate to contact us should you need any assistance.

Best regards,

Wagner Quintanilha
Assistant General Manager
Worcester, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

We booked HIE as part of a deal that lets you spent the night, leave your car, and take a shuttle to the airport. It saved us the hassle of a two hour drive prior to an early flight and the cost of parking at Logan. It's a good value.
But, somebody needs to point out the obvious, that it's a pretty lousy part of town, Dorchester boarding Roxbury. I wouldn't attempt an evening stroll. So maybe it's just as well that it isn't within walking distance of any of Boston's attractions.
Still, the desk clerk was polite and helpful, the room was fine, our car was still there undamaged upon our return 10 days later, and the shuttle drivers were friendly and helpful.
Except upon our flight arriving back in Boston at 7 am 10/15/13 nobody at HIE would answer the phone when we tried to call to get picked up at the airport. We could have taken the airport shuttle to the Blue Line Subway, changed for the Red Line, gotten out at Andrew station and walked the 2 or 3 blocks dragging our bags, except that I'd forgotten some of the navigational details. But I needed to get to a morning meeting. And besides, I got a better idea. I called the Courtyard by Marriott next door to HIE which DID answer their phone. As it happens the two hotels share the same shuttle service. I didn't let on what I was pulling, but the clerk was helpful and the driver, while looking just a bit puzzled drove us right up to our car in the HIE parking lot. I'm sorry I might I have cost Marriott a transportation charge, but maybe this review will make up for it.

Room Tip: Situated directly on the South East Expressway (Route 93) we just put the ventilator on all night an...