The hotel rooms seem very nice, but there are many things that really bothered me.
Here on Tripadvisor the hotel manager replies to reviews with "we are hospitality professionals", but in all their hospitality the first thing they asked for upon arrival was my credit card. They didn't even ask about my very long trip or my level of thirstiness, and I didn't get two bottles of water and a snack as mentioned in the May 26 review. I had already paid for the full stay and my cc was not within reach, so I asked whether they really needed it. The alternative was paying $20 cash as a deposit. Since I was very tired, I just gave them the cash, but I felt offended. By prepaying the full stay (around $800) a month in advance I showed my trust in them, and compared to $800, the $20 really doesn't make any difference for them. When I left, it took them 5 minutes to find the money and give it back to me.
The Wi-Fi was a big disappointment. The website promises "High-speed Internet Access", but this is only available at 3 am. During the evening the speed drops so much that even browsing and emailing become slow. Upload speeds drop to 0.5 kB/s or less, so that using Skype is impossible. Each day you had to enter some password to access internet which was sent over an unencrypted connection, so the password only bothered me and did not add any security.
Another nuisance were the curtains. All curtains. The curtains for the windows share the same rail, so it takes some time to make them overlap and not jump back. Really annoying when you get back after a long day. The curtains for the shower were even worse. I hate shower curtains since at some point they always stick against your body, but this hotel brought my experience to a new level by making the rail slope downwards towards the middle. I kept pulling the curtains to the sides twice a minute to save my belongings from the water.
The breakfast was rather poor with donuts, hamburgers and other "American" items. For the healthy traveler there was only yoghurt, milk, cereals, bread and fruit, but the bread was of rather poor quality.
The bed was comfortable and the air conditioning unit is also good. However, sleeping comfort was still bad because of the noise. The room door had half an inch of space under it to allow "communication" with other guests. The room was also lighted because of the bad curtains.
The room lacks drawers. There is just not enough space to store your clothes.
The TV is just 720p which is not as sharp as 1080p.
The hotel is at a 7 minute walk from the Andrew station (and I walk fast). The area around the station did not seem safe at night.
The hotel manager replies to reviews with "I will relay your comments to the staff", but nothing in those reviews has been addressed. Do not get fooled by his kind and "professional" responses. This is a budget hotel at a premium price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Boston Hotel is the best option for affordable accommodations minutes from the action of downtown Boston.Our patrons appreciate our excellent amenities and the utmost in customer service.The Holiday Inn Express Boston Hotel is located only two miles from downtown Boston and five miles from Logan International Airport. Our hotel offers transportation to/from Logan International Airport and Black Falcon Pier for only $5.00 per person each way. We also offer free shuttle service to Andrew Station (only 5 minutes walking). We are conveniently located near many attractions in Boston, such as the JFK Museum & Library, Chinatown, Theater District and the Museum of Fine Arts. Hotel amenities include complimentary deluxe continental breakfast, free high-speed Internet access, and free local phone calls. Enjoy a unique breakfast experience at our new Express Start breakfast bar served every morning featuring a selection of fruits, juices, cereals, breads, pastries and our legendary cinnamon roll. Complimentary freshly baked cookies are offered daily at 6:00pm and complimentary coffee available 24 hours. Visit Boston, MA and Stay Smart at the Holiday Inn Express Boston hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Boston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Boston Hotel Boston
- Boston Holiday Inn Express
- Holiday Inn Boston