We stayed at the 463 Beacon Street Guest House very late September for two nights. It has taken me this long to write the review as I was so extremley disappointed with the experience but feel other travellers should be aware. We were greeted with a warm welcome from the young man at the desk who was most helpful. Thereafter the experience was horrible. The room was hot even though the room had a small, nosiy AC. The room was dirty and dusty. Dust was thickly covering surfaces like the microwave and could be seen by me across the room. The bathroom was dirty with hair from previous guests left in the shower. I did not want to walk barefoot on the floor as it was sticky and stained. Goodness knows when the carpet was last cleaned, if ever. The linen was of poor quality and when asked for an additional towel was offered a washer and handtowel as they had nothing else. It is not acceptable to operate a Guest House without maintaining it. Guests expect their rooms to be clean and linen to be of some quality higher than rags. On day of departure we left the bags while we collected our rental car and returned to the guest house to see a post it note on the door saying 'will return in ten minutes'. After 30 minutes the door finally was opened and at least four staff members had been there the entire time ignoring the door bell/intercom and our phone call to the property. At least they are consistent-awful room with awful service.
- Also Known As:
- 463 Beacon Street Guest House Hotel Boston
- 463 Beacon Street Guest House Hotel
- Boston Guest House
- Jamaica Guest House
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Elegant Back Bay accommodation that offers nightly and weekly rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your 463 Beacon Street Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.