“When the Pace of Travel Makes Decompression a Priority” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Boston Logan Airport

Save Saved
You added Hilton Boston Logan Airport to your Saves list
Hilton Boston Logan Airport
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   One Hotel Drive, Logan International Airport, Boston, MA 02128 (East Boston / Logan Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Summer rates from $199!
Ranked #42 of 77 hotels in Boston
Frisco, Texas
“When the Pace of Travel Makes Decompression a Priority”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

When planning a recent vacation to travel in the northeast, one of the major decisions was where to stay on the last day before returning home. After considerable debate, we decided to stay close to the Boston Logan Airport and chose the Hilton. As it turned out, it was one of the best decisions of the entire trip. Even though there was not a hard and fast time commitment for any of our stops, we wanted to see what we had planned and there was actually little time for rest and relaxation. So, when we arrived at the Hilton, we found ourselves needing to unwind and basically decompress from an event-filled week of travel. After checking in, it did not take us long to figure out we had made a wise decision.

The airport was just minutes away, the amenities of the hotel first-rate, and the choices for food and beverage extensive. The service was outstanding and we were treated well from the time we arrived until the time we checked out.

If the previous scenario sounds similar, let me highly recommend the Boston Logan Hilton as a good option to consider.

Room Tip: With the view, request a room on higher floors.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

1,514 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
Napa, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have been staying at this hotel for about ten years and except for the restaurant, they are constantly improving. They now know what room I like and make sure I get it. They know I need a bed board and it is already provided. I stay at the hospitality level and find their food at the hospitality room getting less flavorful. But it doesn't compare to the restaurant which is really not very good. The best thing going for it is the Clam Chowder.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Elkton, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Never even had to put on a jacket to get to this Hilton as it's connected to the airport terminal. Very classy place with a nice resturant and bar in the lobby. We ordered roomservice which was nicley presented yet alittle on the cold side after it's long hike from the kitchen. I'll take it as I had had enough walking and standing and waiting to last me a week.Check out was no problem as they put the invoice under your door. In ten minutes we were out of our room and checking in for our flight. The Executive Lounge was excellant with a great view of the incoming blizzard that almost stranded us in Boston.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

We decided at the last minute to book a room near the airport due to an early morning flight and the threat of a snowstorm approaching. I started looking at the various options and just decided to get the closest one to the airport. I was surprised at the competitive cost despite the "Hilton" name.

We were greeted upon arrival and offered immediate assistance with our luggage. Having prebooked the room on line, it only took a few minutes to check in. Very impressive lobby and room. Everything was spotless, as it should be. The room had a coffee maker but no refrigerator. They have automatic wake up calls by using the phone in your room. Very convenient and easy to set up. There was a charge for internet which I found odd since I'm sure a lot of business people use this hotel. They do have free wifi in the lobby though.

There was a snack bar and restaurant in the lobby, but the snack bar closed early. We ate in the restaurant, a little expensive, but I expected it to be so. Very good cheeseburger and way too many french fries. They also offer room service. The lobby got pretty busy later in the evening. People just sitting or walking around, drinks in hand yet!

They have a gym and small pool right off the lobby, and a small "convenience" store. A little bit of everything in there.

Wake up call came right on time. We did the express check out right through the phone. The shuttle passes by every 15 minutes around the clock. There were several passing by when we left, I assume for early departures. The one we got on filled up so I guess others had the same idea to avoid a possible hazardess drive in the early morning.

The hotel was very friendly and welcoming.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Haywards Heath
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

This was the first time in two years that I had stayed at the hotel. It has always been a solid property, and I like the convenience of it being connected to Terminal A & E by walkways. So on arrival from London on the Virgin Atlantic flight, it made sense to stay here for the first night.

The walkways are good, but it is a bit of a walk - good exercise. Check in was quick, efficient, my preferences recognised, and an upgrade to the Exec floor offered.

After freshening up, I headed for dinner in the Irish themed pub in the lobby, with my parents, with whom I was travelling. I was not especially hungry and neither was my father, and knowing the servings are huge, we shared fish and chips. Perfect plan - the fish was very good, flaky and tasy, and chips good too. My mother had a salad which looked fresh and tasty. The Guinness was good too.

The room is solid - not spectacular, unlike the view of downtown Boston. The bed was comfortable, the room spotless, as it should be, and the bathroom filled with bug fluffy towels and Peter Thomas Roth amenities.

Breakfast was taken in the Exec lounge - it is a limited continental choice, but the English muffins were very tasty, there was plentiful cereal and fruit, and the lounge agent was very friendly and helpful. Check out was equally painless, and at all times, the staff friendly.

This is not a new hotel anymore, but still feels like one. It is a rock solid Hilton property in my view, and long may that continue. Highly recommended.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Boston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I booked this hotel with cash and points. I regret paying the $106 and 25,000(or more) points for one night. I should have stayed home and woke up a 1/2 hour earlier. Check in was fine. It was on the later side for me. We got up to the room and it looked okay but was "dingy." By dingy I mean it had been smoked in at some point (stale cigarette automatically puts it into the dingy category for me).

The next morning we went down to catch the (every 15 min) shuttle, as we approached the front door with my husband kids and all of our luggage, the shuttle pulls away empty. You think his job would be to keep his eye out for people coming toward the front door with luggage. The next shuttle came 15 min later but so did 20+ other people. Now we were cutting it close to our international check in time, 4am stress, not good. As we gathered our 2 yr old out of the stroller folded it up and get crowded out, away from the bus, as everybody who arrived to the lobby after us filed on, the bus driver tells us there's no more room we have to wait for the next. I attempt to plead with him asking if we can ask others to wait for the next, he said he can't, we had to wait for the next and shut the door. The doormen (awesome) who apparently witness the whole situation had already called another shuttle for us. It came shortly after and we made our flight. The best part of this story is that bus called our bus and let us know not to use the upper deck at BOS because they were stopped in solid traffic due to an accident, you have to love karma :)

Pay less money and stay at a hotel a bit further away with a shuttle, it will take the same amount of time and cost you less money.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Kathryn M, Front Office Manager at Hilton Boston Logan Airport, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your input on our properties dining options and guestroom comfort and we will use your comments as we constantly look for ways to improve our offerings. We hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in the area so we may show you the quality service you expect and deserve from our brand.

Kathryn Menio
Dover, NH
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

12 midnight. No food. Hotel services: man barely spoke English; I say barely because he didn't respond - so maybe he didn't speak it at all. Hey. Well after midnight they have lunch boxes "for sale" at the front desk; except tonight - "it's been busy" (after all it is Monday, March 4th). I'll make the best of the $200/ night hotel and get a candy bar. What? No vending machines!

Ok, so let's recap.
Location: @airport but not near anything else.
Price: ok-if you're near something other than an airport. $200 with nothing available = sucks.
Amenities: if you're here midnight(+) = go to sleep.
Service: I spoke with 2 people; 1 = I couldn't understand &/or vice-versa (laguage barrier); 2 = - she told me to speak with general manager, Mark Phelan, but not until after her shift.
Food: none. Room service is 5p-midnight (even though sometimes at an airport people are delayed); "lunch boxes," except for on busy nights (i.e. Monday's in March). No Vending machines. Ultimately, there is no food; if you arrive late (say after a delay), there is really no food. I mean ZERO food.
Bottom line: I will never, ever, ever stay here agaaainnn (in the tune of Taylor Swift).

• Stayed March 2013
Kathryn M, Front Office Manager at Hilton Boston Logan Airport, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you for reaching out and sharing your recent experience with us via TripAdvisor. We are so sorry you were disappointed in our service and available amenities and we will use your feedback as we constantly work to improve our guests' satisfaction. We know how important it is to have food available after hours and we will be working to improve our process to ensure this is available. As a point of clarification, our restaurant Connolly's Publik House is open until 12:30 AM. We are dedicated to ensuring your satisfaction and hope you will give us another opportunity to show you the hospitality you deserve should you travel through our area again in the future. If we may be of any additional assistance or if you would like to discuss your stay further, please do not hesitate to contact me personally at Kathryn.Menio@Hilton.com.

Kathryn

Been to Hilton Boston Logan Airport? Share your experiences!