“Great Ending;-)” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Battery Wharf Hotel & Spa

You added The Battery Wharf Hotel & Spa to your Saves list
The Battery Wharf Hotel & Spa
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3 Battery Wharf, Boston, MA 02109 (Formerly Fairmont Battery Wharf)   |
Ranked #22 of 77 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
New York City, New York
“Great Ending;-)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2010

We arrived very early off a shuttle from LGA so knew we'd have a wait for a room! The cab pulled up to the property's 'main' building..I assumed..since I later found out that there are a number of 'buildings' that make up this Hotel! Checked in small roller luggage and took off..returning a bit past noontime to find out that our room was in the 'other' building from where we left our overnighter...we were led to the other building and told it would be about another hour which was not a problem since we didn't have lunch..with Emily at the helm, felt assured at this point! Gracious and empathetic at our early morning arrival, she led us into a beautiful living/lounge area in the dedicated 'Gold' building..old world charm w/all the modern conveniences..as was our room!
There is a Happy Hour of sorts that includes more fare than a full course meal..which we totally utilized (they had a fish soup w/saffron that particular night that was out of this world)..needless to say, one can feast here and look no futher! Honor system with only alcohol being charged at reasonable rates! There is an additional 'dessert' hour later on around 9p which I made a point to avoid;-))
Kudos to the staff here..between Emily and Dennis, can't imagine any request hard-pressed to be met! When I booked on--line, had no idea of all the varios 'buildings', so was grateful to be staying in the Gold;-) Hands down top-notch service that certainly left some weary travellers happy campers at the end of the day..personal thanks to both for their exceptional service! They make it worth a return visit;-) Had a wonderful stay and totally enjoyed!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2010

Seeing as we were not a Hotelier's ideal customers, (8 guys in a Bachelor party) I was skeptical of how we were going to be treated, especially being a frequent visitor to the Fairmont Chain. Instead of getting the cold shoulder, as I have in other Fairmont hotels in the past; the staff at the Battery Wharf were nothing short of spectacular!
For starters, the personal tour of the room and amenities along with the knowledge of the local food and Bar scene was great. This is standard... What they did that was exceptional is
- set us up a personal place in the lobby to have drinks after the bar so that we didnt disrupt any of our neighbors.
- Call a Pub when one of the boys left his wallet at the bar
- Ordered and picked up pizza at a local joint at 2 am
- bought us a round of drinks

I should mention, this is not a "party hotel" like my review would sound, but they understood our groups special needs for this weekend, and they did an amazing job catoring to them. Thank you!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
Kuwait
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2010

The pros:
- The staff is delightful
- The hotel is in a new building, a part of which are condos
- The bed is comfy
- The room is spacy
- The hotel is walking distance to Quency Market and the Italian Restaurant area

The cons:
There are no cons to this hotel.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2010

everything was very good-staff helpful+friendly-nice harbor view

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2010

Though the hotel made you feel a little disconnected due to the fact that there are three different buildings. I loved the hotel and the staff, but the only draw back was you felt you were in a apartment building. I think if they could make you feel like you are staying in a hotel building it would be better. I loved the area and was glad we made the choice. We visited Copley Square and found it to be way to noisy. The staff by far made up for any of the draw backs. We had a few problems with house keeping, but they quickly resolved any problems. Beautiful room and bathroom and would definately stay again!!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Surrey England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2010

I stayed just after the hotel opened. It's located between the Italian quarter and the sea, which is great, albeit a little way from Boston centre. I was offered a complimentary upgrade to the Gold building, with full concierge service. This was excellent - the complimentary breakfast and supper were delightful, varied and exquisitely presented. The honour bar felt like we were being respected, and treated like grown-ups, and the selction of wines was superb, and reasonably priced. The staff could also not have been more helpful, being knowledgeable, friendly, respectful without being too in your face. The guest lounge was a lovely extra, and felt just like my home living room would, if I could have a Butler 24/7. The books about the locale, and the DVDs to borrow (some filmed in Boston) were a lovely touch The downside was that I was on fold-down sofa-bed, as my room was designed as a sitting room in a suite. It wasn't that comfortable. They won't catch me like that again! I accept that it was a free upgrade, though, and I could have declined. The other down-side - no pool. I'm going back in the next few days, and can't wait.

Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
FairmontBWBManager, Housekeeping & Guest Service Manager at The Battery Wharf Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, March 21, 2010
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us in our Fairmont Gold building. Our entire team of colleagues is always happy to learn that a guest has chosen to stay with us a second time based on the merit we gained from your previous stay. Regarding the guestroom that you stayed in on your last stay, I am proud to share that this past December we updated the furnishings in all of our Fairmont Gold rooms and suites. Each guestroom is now fully furnished with the high quality bedding that matches the level of service that we aspire to provide for each of our guests on a daily basis.
miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2010

This hotel is fantastic!!!! Is so elegant and cozy at the same time. The service in the front desk is great, everybody tried to help me in all my needs. The room is very big, and have the most comfortable bed that i ever sleep. The bathroom is huge and well designed. The service is perfect. Everything is super clean from the rooms to the lobby, everything was really perfect. I was afraid of the locaction because i was used to stay in the copley place area, but the hotel is located in a very beatifull area, near the water. I really loved this hotel!!!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family

Been to The Battery Wharf Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!