“good enough” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“good enough”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

not sure what i expected, President's Club would seem to rate higher than the ground floor near the front desk but guess not, restaurant manager Dan Stewart the same star he was in DC and generally the bars seem better than the hotel, which seemed plain with no concierge. The hotel did offer and give free passes to the adjoining spa but as a coed sauna, didn't hold much attraction for me. I'd stay there again but be careful with desk clerks, seem to not know what they are doing, they seemed to swipe wrong card and then complain it didn't go through.

Room Tip: not sure i'd go for President's Club, whole hotel low rise so not much chance of a view but...
Green Features: didn't seem to have much in the way of amenities, standard Fairmont, pretty plain.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Jennifer Z, Area Manager, Internet Marketing at Fairmont Battery Wharf, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Hello and thank you for your post. While I’m pleased to see such a great score, I’m sorry to hear that you were not completely satisfied with your experience. In particular, I’d like to apologize for any difficulty or miscommunication you experienced at the Front Desk. I’ve shared your post with our Front Office Manager, as I think your comments could represent a valuable training opportunity for our colleagues. In addition, thank you for the kind words about Dan – I look forward to sharing your praise with him, as well! Thank you, again, for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back soon.

632 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Salem, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

What a GREAT place to stay. We were here for 3 nights/4 days. This was a meeting my husband had to attend, however all families were invited and we attended the dinners in the evening. In our building we had access to the concierge floor, this was a huge bonus as the kids enjoyed having their breakfast and snacks and being able to come and go. The property was beautiful and clean and the staff was amazing! Great place to enjoy morning runs along the water. The location was fantastic as we were able to walk everywhere.

Our stay was July 2011. I was not able to select so I wanted to make sure it was stated.

Room Tip: High floor with access to the concierge lounge.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Trussville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

We did not have reservations and didn't realize how difficult it would be to get them. We felt very fortunate to find Fairmont and at a reasonable price. Just a short walk to the Old North Church. There is a $45 parking charge per day but parking is so scarce on this part of town I can understand why. Rooms are nice and staff ate helpful and friendly.

• Stayed September 2013
Grimsby, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed here for our honeymoon. What makes this place even more special is the fact that it hides along the waterfront in a peaceful location. We stayed in Building 5 which is for the Gold members. All the employees were very accommodating and always friendly. The hotel is a short walk to all of the North end sites and a small cab fare to downtown shopping. Gold members enjoy a free breakfast which was more than enough and from 5-7PM cheese an such with wine available to purchase.
Would highly recommend the Fairmont Battery Wharf to anyone.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights for a conference. Very clean, nice view of the Harbor and literally steps from the North End. We had several meals there, breakfast was excellent. My only complaint was that we were on the second floor of the third building right above the valet station and we could hear them and the people arriving and leaving a little too well. We did not use room service or valet service because we didn't have a car, so I can't comment on those things. Check in was smooth, no problems. You do have to swipe your key in the elevator to make it move, which while I understand the security feature, was a little inconvenient at times-think shopping bags!

Room Tip: Higher floors on the 3rd building might be a little quieter than what we experienced.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

The Fairmont Battery Wharf was nice but expensive, particularly when you factor in the Massachusetts state tax.

We paid an extra $40 a night for the water view room and although it was nice, it really wasn't worth it.

Room was lovely and very well equipped.

Staff were very pleasant.

I think they've got a cheek wanting to charge $15+ a day for wi fi. But if you sign up to their club, you get it for free.

They will tell you it is a short walk from Aquarium T stop but it is almost 15 mins walk to this or Haymarket station, so a little disingenuous.

Well placed to get you to North End restaurants though.

Room Tip: As I mention in the review, I didn't feel the upgrade to a water view room was worth the extra m...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

One of the main reason for staying here was that it was within walking distance to TD Garden, and I got a great rate. I took the water taxi from Boston Logan and loved they had a stop right at the drop off. The water taxi was cheap at 10.00 dollars, but i will never again do it. It was a small boat and after that ride I realized I do not like small boats. Check in was easy and I was walked to my room by the reservation lady. Service was great. The rooom was big and so nice and clean. The bathroom huge and all the amenities. This hotel is in a great location with great views of the water. I took a cab to TD Garden, but was able to walk back to the hotel after the game. Walk was easy and maybe 15 minutes at most. Hotel is also within walking distance to Whaft, Quincy Market. I traveled alone on this trip and felt extremely safe at this hotel. I will stay at this hotel again! I loved it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Been to Fairmont Battery Wharf? Share your experiences!