Fundamentally I am favourably prejudiced towards the Fairmont Hotels, however I have noticed lately that there are some consistent discrepancies in the US Fairmont Hotels, unlike the ones in Canada.
I stayed here a couple of weeks ago and discovered the following 'faux pas' as I did in the Fairmont in Chicago.
The bathroom is inadequately equipped with a dis-functioning shower as well as the tabs at the sink. In both cases adjusting to the correct temperature was difficult and unstable.
The carpet in the room, although clean it did not appear to be clean. This is a cosmetic observation but it is unpleasant. It would be an inexpensive and nice touch to supply a complimentary water bottle on arrival and sleepers for the not so clean looking carpet. There is absolutely no information in the room about any hotel facilities nor any information on activities in Boston and the surrounding area. This can be found in the desk adjacent to the front desk, like in a Days Inn!!!
This Fairmont is in two buildings. Thus if you end up in the building which is across from the main building where the check-in and the rest of the amenities are, particularly in winter, you may need to dress up before you visit the restaurant or have to settle any business with the front desk.
The restaurant offers very basic food in gigantic quantities at very high prices as compared to the quality. In the evening the noise from the adjacent bar facilities is deafening, or may be during that particular weekend, albeit unforgivable.
There is a pleasant opportunity of arriving in this hotel by water taxi from Logan Airport. Although this is slightly inconvenient on the Logan side -and really this feature does not belong to the hotel- but it offers a very pleasant introduction to Boston with beautiful views as the boat crosses the channel. The boat arrives exactly at the hotel; no inconvenience here.
Finally, the same high quality personnel is here as in all other Fairmont Hotels but they are encumbered by inadequate management policies on the US side of this hotel chain.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Battery Wharf Hotel
- Fairmont Battery Wharf Hotel Boston
- Fairmont Hotel Battery Wharf
- Fairmont Hotel Boston
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fairmont Battery Wharf is the only boutique hotel located on Boston Harbor in downtown Boston. This sophisticated, urban, waterfront retreat is surrounded by unique shopping, fine dining, spectacular coastal views, and the rich historical setting of downtown Boston. The hotel is walking distance to Boston’s Italian North End, financial district, Freedom Trail, Faneuil Hall Marketplace, and TD Garden - New England's premier sports and entertainment arena. New Exhale Spa and Aragosta Bar and Bistro now open!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Splendia, Tablet Hotels, Amex, Priceline, Orbitz, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Olotels, Travelocity, Otel, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Fairmont Battery Wharf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.