“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Inn At St Botolph

You added The Inn At St Botolph to your Saves list
The Inn At St Botolph
3.5 of 5 Boutique Hotel   |   99 Saint Botolph Street, Boston, MA 02116 (Back Bay)   |
Ranked #21 of 77 Hotels in Boston
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Texas
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2009

I was there over Mother's Day week on business.
So the Inn was a great choice. The location was ideal to the convention center, 5 minutes tops. Grocery store down the street and 7-Eleven right across the street.
It was a one bedroom apartment w/extra perks.
I took advantage of all the services. Free phone calls, use of the computer
(free Wi-Fi), breakfast (when I didn’t feel like cooking), washer/dryer,
workout room (when I wasn’t exhausted from work, shopping or site seeing).
The staff was super. I met each one every day while I was checking my emails.
My laptop took a dive the second night so I was in luck that they had one to use.
The bed was comfy and the pillows were great after a long hard day. TV in both
rooms was convenient, the safe in the room was a great addition.
Since the Inn was keyless it made getting in so much easier and safer.
My only set back was no tub for soaking my tired body,
but the shower head made up for some of it.
I am planning another trip and I will be coming back.
I also book for others and will use this Inn again and again.
GREAT PLACE….

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Stockholm
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2009

I loved it here. I felt right at home, though my home is not nearly as stylish as the Inn. All in all, negative details or not, a great place. I will stay there again.

Small negatives:
The refrigerator made so much noise that I switched it off.

I helped two other guests in through the door; it seems the code system isn't easy enough the first time. Folks, use the keypad on the door itself, and the pound sign goes between the room number and your access code.

Why styrofoam and muffins with lots of additives for breakfast? Surely it is more environmentally friendly, probably less expensive, and absolutely more pleasant with normal plates and cups, and fresh food.

California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2009

When I saw this inn had opened I was excited. I was a former resident of Boston and recognized this place as being nothing short of perfect in terms of it's proximity to all the sights, shopping and restaurants in the back bay. The minimal staffing is fine for me since I really am a low maintenance guest and would rather not pay for the "pampering" in city locations. The room was nicely decorated and comfortable but the television never worked. We brought this to the attention of the management who could not fix it so I ended up just telling them to forget it since we don't watch tv at home so saw little need here at the inn. A big problem I had with the room was that the bathroom was exceedingly cold. There was no forced hot air supply in there. I understand construction limitations in retrofits but a towel warmer or radiant electric in the floor would have made it bearable. I always consider the price I pay when rating lodgings so when it's a cost effective stay my expectations are lower. I probably would have given the place five stars had the bathroom not been freezing. I may have forgiven the TV since the manager did offer to have the cable guy come fix it. I would only stay here outside the winter months or in a room with a heated bathroom.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2009

Overall, a top notch experience. Location was excellent (I was attending a conference at the nearby Hynes Convention Center). Plenty of nearby restaurant choices. Mall one block away for any shopping needs. Subway station about 100 yards away. 7-11 across the street.

Room feels brand new, fresh and tastefully decorated. Everything worked as advertised. Staff were very helpful with any requests. Nice treadmill, "stairmaster" and stationary cycle and dumbells in clean workout room. Decent free espresso machine in lounge.

Would definitely stay here again when I come back to Boston. Excellent value in my opinion.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2009

My staff used the Inn for a business gathering and it was great! We all had our own rooms (gorgeous!) and held our meeting in one of the big suites. The manager Michael treated us all like old friends, not just customers. We wanted for nothing! I loved the keyless entry and "self check-in" because it meant you could come and go as you pleased without having the staff in your face all the time, I felt like I had my own apartment in Boston. The location can't be beat, I was worried about figuring out the subway system, but I never even had to try because you could walk to everything! I will definitely be back! Loved it!

Charlotte
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2009

We stayed here for the Boston Marathon and the location was perfect!
Loved the decor, flat screen t.v. and location. Don't expect a lot on the breakfast, but having a kitchenette made up for providing for yourself. Lots of restaurants and shopping close by.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Madrid
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2009

I loved the Inn. It's this little hotel, with big rooms, awesome decoration style, near to everything, in one of the most beautiful neighborhoods I've ever seen. we were in the last of April, all the cherry trees had blossomed, you wanted to stay for ever.
hope it doesn't raise the price, it's just perfect as it is. will come back for sure!!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to The Inn At St Botolph? Share your experiences!